5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it !
Published on January 22, 2008 by Daniel Cross

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game with a few drawbacks
The good:
* The table feels solid.
* Assembling is fairly straightforward. Things line up pretty well.
* Generally it provides a good game.
* The curved ends add some fun dynamics to the game.

Things to pay attention to when assemble:
Published on January 19, 2008 by Bill Shen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it !, January 22, 2008
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
The table has a nice weight to it and it doesn`t look like it belongs at Chuck E. Cheese`s. The wave design is great, it keeps the ball moving and in play. All the folks I`ve had over to play foosball really like the curved "backsplash". It comes with blocking plates that convert it into a regular foosball table if your not up for the fast pace curve effect. The detail about the players colors may be unclear but the picture shows the true representation which is the classic chess player black and ivory. All in all a great foosball table that I would buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game with a few drawbacks, January 19, 2008
Bill Shen (Randolph, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
The good:
* The table feels solid.
* Assembling is fairly straightforward. Things line up pretty well.
* Generally it provides a good game.
* The curved ends add some fun dynamics to the game.

Things to pay attention to when assemble:
* The curved end pieces and the Playfield need to line up at the same level. Otherwise you'd have dead spots.
* The Ball Return pieces are not so easy to get right - think about how the ball should roll DOWN. However, the trays might be just too shallow anyway.

The not so good:
* With the black Playfield, black for Players is not a good color. (I noticed the description here says Red but Black was what I received - I'm trying to resolve with GLD)
* With the curved ends, it's very easy to have the ball jump high and out, sometimes seemed dangerous.
* Some how the size/weight of the ball and design of the Players make the balls jump up a lot. When both sides hitting hard, once the ball is off the surface, the next opposite hit can be dangerous.

An update on the Black Player on Black Field issue - Wrote to GLD with no response. Wrote to Amazon which offered a partial refund that was acceptable. Even though I'd rather have Red Players, it'd be hard to replace after it's all assembled.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get more than what you pay for, January 26, 2012
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
The Fat Cat Tirade is a little better than the critics say, and on the spot for admirers. I agree that the ball return is dicey at best. Pre-drilled holes or an easier method of attachment would have made things go smoother. But if you understand gravity, figuring it out on your own is pretty easy. Follow the assembly directions, and you will be pleased. And the most important direction is boldly printed on the cover: read the whole book of directions before going hog wild. It's not mahogony, but it is a good value for the money and so far my teenagers have not been able to destoy the table, despite their best efforts.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is terrible - do not buy, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
Missing pieces, pieces that don't fit together and the company would not support sending the proper pieces, just turfed us back to Amazon. The table has cheap plastic parts. The score pieces are hollow plastic pieces that seem like they will break very easy. One of the player rods was incomplete. A few pieces would only fit together with pieces of cardboard wedged between them and we had to go buy different screws that would fit the holes. What a mistake. We wish we had paid a little more and gotten better quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
I have never written a product review before but this was so bad i felt the need. This product and company are a joke. Had first table shipped to me. When it came the sideboards were so warped it could not be put together. They were shaped like a U. Had this table returned and a new one sent in its place. This was also defective. The f clamps (what holds the playing surface in place and are preinstalled at the warehouse) were off level and placed so high on the sideboards that it was impossible to spin the players. Tirades customer service is a joke and no help. Will not be ordering anything from them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Foosball, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
Overall pretty good. Assembly was moderately laborious for 2 adults. Quality and workmanship of materials moderate. Could use some better mechanisms for attaching field board ad ball returns and the ball returns are fairly budget. Once all together it looks and plays quite well though. Probably just fine for the very casual player and his young kids. Maybe slightly less than expected for this pricepoint but this is still relatively cheap as far as foos tables go from my research.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product appears to have been previously sold, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
When the box arrived it had (in retrospect) some additional clear "packing" tape on it. It was a Christmas present for our boys so we wrapped it and put it under (well, behind) the tree. We left right after Christmas on vacation and didn't put it together until the first week of January. When I opened the box the styrofoam packing was disintegrating and a few of the parts were "beat up". I laid out all of the parts and realized there were some screws and a part (one of the "F" brackets) missing and found it already installed. The bracket was broken but still functional. It seems obvious (to me) that someone had tried to put it together, gave up and then returned it. I believe it was reshipped with no attention paid to its condition. I called the manufacturer and got a VM that said I would get a return phone call within 48 hours. I'm still waiting for a call back. I went ahead and assembled the table. When we tried to play, I realized that the "F" bracket position was so far off that the "plaryers" on one of the player bars was hitting the playing surface. I disassembled the table, repositioned the "F" bracket and out it back together. I also added some support spacers on each of the corners (hard to explain) so it will stay together in a more square position and with less stress. I now know why people spend more money for a foosball table. This one is just OK but is basically pressed cardboard, pressed wood/OSB and plastic. I categorize it under the heading, "You get what you pay for!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
Easy to assemble...yes you will need 2 people. Quality game looks great in the game room. So far the teen users have had a great time on this table

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and seem really sturdy, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
We bought this for our kids as a Christmas gift and it seems really sturdy. It was larger than I expected and won't fit it the kid's bedroom. Fortunately, it looks quite good in our Greatroom and adults are using it as well as the kids. I think it actually looks more expensive than it actually was. No shipping problems, no damage, and my husband built it fairly easily I think, but he's pretty handy. We are happy with the purchase and would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriends Christmas gift, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Fat Cat Tirade Continuous Play Foosball Table (Sports)
I ordered this as Christmas gift for my boyfriend this year. It is sturdy and has a nice appearance. Took 4 hrs for him to put it together by himself. Does get shipped by a freight truck. Overall worth the money and will get lots of use! : )

Fat Cat Tirade Foosball Table