Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

67%
33%

on March 7, 2013
This is a nice set of decorator tips that do the job they are designed to do. But that's about it. I'm not happy about the money I spent for these. At all.

First, my poorly packed shipment from Amazon.com resulted in one of the two hinges for the box top breaking off (couldn't be glued back on), so now I have a box with a top that needs to be rubber-banded shut to keep everything inside. But that's a minor inconvenience. The bigger inconvenience has to do with the design of the tips themselves. Fat Daddio's describes them as "self-sealing" -- which is true when you use them inside a decorating bag. But I frequently decorate cakes, pastries, and hors d'oeuvres with multiple colors of frosting/or types of fillings using the same tip, so a coupler is an important tool for me.

What I have discovered is this: there is no coupler that I am aware of which these tips will work with. I did not know that when I purchased them. I have written to Fat Daddio's asking if they or anyone else makes a coupler for these tips. They have not responded to two emails, so I guess that's their answer. So what's the problem? The tips have a flange at the base, which increases their break resistance -- a nice feature compared to the metal tips I use that can be knocked out of round.

What this means is that with these tips I would have to use two or three different bags to hold the same frosting/filling when I need to use more than one tip. That's completely annoying. Or much worse . . . if I need the same tip but with different colors of frosting/types of filling, then I either need to buy more sets of these tips or I have to remove frosting and tip from one bag and wash/sanitize it to be able to load it into a second bag. That's more than completely annoying -- it's a functional waste of my time. It almost makes me want to send this set back to Amazon.com. One of the least pleasing purchases I have made here.

If you are a professional chef or pastry decorator, you will want to think twice before you buy these tip. The least the folks at Fat Daddio's can do is design a coupler that will work with these tips. Why they have not done so is beyond me. I like most of the rest of their products.

(( And, while I'm thinking about it, if you're thinking of getting them, although the theory is good, the Fat Daddio's two-section decorating bag inserts (I bought them on a different website) are a complete waste of money! Even on the 20" bag, the opening at the filling end is ridiculously small, and filling the bag is not nearly as easy as it needs to be, and that's just loading the first color. Filling the second side is even more troublesome. They are also made out of much thicker and less pliable material than their silicone bags which makes them harder to manipulate. And, finally, they are virtually impossible to properly clean, rinse, sanitize, and dry. A good idea gone horribly wrong, as far as I'm concerned. ))
on January 10, 2013
My husband bought me one of these for Christmas & it is so awesome. I have never seen so many tips before. I can't wait to use it. It will make stuffed jalapeno's so easy to make now. :)
on December 4, 2015