Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Fat Gripz - The Ultimate Arm Builder” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 25% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Fat Gripz - The Ultimate Arm Builder
|Price:||$38.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$1.04 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fat Gripz are the new worldwide training phenomenon which helps add muscle and strength to your upper body (especially your biceps and forearms). They are used by thousands of athletes and military including champion bodybuilders Jay Cutler and Phil Heath, many NFL players, Special Forces soldiers, UFC fighters and CrossFitters
- Fat Gripz work by instantly converting barbells, dumbbells and pull-up bars into THICK BARS so that you can train the way many pro athletes do. Using a thicker diameter bar causes much greater muscle activation throughout the arms because it forces them to work much harder. This increased muscle activation leads to bigger, faster gains in muscle size and functional strength (especially in overall arm size). You will literally feel the difference from the very first time you use them
- Made from a high-density material a lot like extra tough rubber - they are built to last a lifetime and won't compress even if lifting extreme loads. They have a slit on one side which allows them to be pulled open and fitted tightly round barbells, dumbbells and chin-up bars in less than 3 seconds. IMPORTANT: TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE GENUINE FAT GRIPZ MAKE SURE THE LISTING SAYS "SOLD BY AMAZON
- Thick bars and thick-handled dumbbells are VERY expensive (thousands of dollars). Fat Gripz cost less than one tub of protein powder and will last a lifetime
- No need for new exercises or extra sets - just put Fat Gripz on your weights and use them during your workout to super-charge your gains. Every pair of Fat Gripz comes with a highly effective training program to help you achieve all your strength and physique goals. Whether are interested in building a great physique, sports performance or raw strength and power Fat Gripz will help you get there faster
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
You are Only as Strong as your Weakest Link
If your big bench-pressing muscles (pecs, delts, triceps) can handle 400 pounds but your hands and forearms can only handle 200 pounds, then your bench press is 200 pounds. The biggest weakness almost every lifter and athletes has is in their hands forearms. ..and the hands are your point of contact with the weights in virtually every exercise.
Fat Gripz strengthen this weak link because the thicker handles stimulate much more muscle activation in the hands, forearms, upper arms and whole upper body. More muscle activation means your body can unlock much bigger muscle and strength gains because your body can finally stop holding back.
Time-tested methods, New science
Thick-bar training has been around for decades (because it works). Many old-time strong men were stronger than today's athletes and one reason for this may be the incredible effect of thick-bar work.
The problem is that, due to the high cost of thick-handled barbells and dumbbells, only elite athletes have been using them in modern times.
Fat Gripz solve this problem. They give you the equivalent of a whole gym full of thick-handled barbells and thick-handled dumbbells for the cost of less than one tub of protein. And they will last a lifetime.
Top Customer Reviews
#1 The good: I buy a lot on Amazon, I shop for bargains everyday and I like quality over quantity. I always say, "skimp on price you will buy twice". These are tough made, solid construction devices. you get your moneys worth and unless you have a dog with a strong jaw use them as a chew toy, they just may last upwards of ten years. They go on and off easily.
#2 The bad: On two of my bars there is a gap. On one it is barely noticeable on the other it is maybe 1/2 an inch. Here is the secret..ready.... move the darn grip! If you rotate it you can make it face out , in, up, down or against your hand, if you wear gloves this isn't even an issue. So if you want to get these do not let those reviews scare you off. Common sense is available to all.
#3 The ugly: I just did bi's and tri's with these, I had to lower my weight and my forearms are so hurt I am typing veeerrrryyyy slowly. These surpass what I expected and if you are looking to fullfill your workout routine with huge arms and empower your forearms and grip to maximum results use these and when these get "old" get the Extremes. BUT do not think you can do the extremes NOW... these regular one will humble you.
As for the person who posted that these rotate around the bar, etc. If you are using these on a bar that is so thin it rotates around, do yourself a favor... return the bar to the elementary school you got it from and get an adult bar...I can not fathom in what world these will rotate around a bar for an adults gym.
If you are using these for pull ups and there is some rotating...THAT i can understand...Read more ›
A couple things I was concerned about that I learned after ordering:
-They are VERY heavy duty rubber. I used them on a brand new texas power bar (DEEP knurling) and it did nothing to damage the rubber.
-They attach and detach simply, you need two hands to pull it open and it just clamps on the bar
-They retain their shape very well after removing from the bar (not stretched out)
-Each fat Grip itself is pretty heavy (not so heavy that I would say "I benched 302 pounds counting the fat gripz" but heavier than I expected,) which is good in my opinion.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is that when they are placed on an olympic bar there is ~1 cm gap on the opening side. I'm not sure how/if fat Gripz could fix that, and it really isn't a huge problem. It just takes a little getting used to. I found the positioning of that gap is important and different for a push vs a pull. This is part of the reason I don't think I'd olympic lift in them.
All in all I'm very happy with them and they certainly do humble your grip strength the first time you use them. I look forwards to regularly using them within workouts.
My only gripe with these is that they do not fit on my Power Blocks. The are about .5 inches (maybe even less) too long to fit inside the blocks inner dimensions. I am contemplating cutting them down to fit inside the blocks.
Overall, I recommend these Fat Gripz.
UPDATED 2/8/14 - THEY NOW FIT IN MY POWERBLOCKS
As mentioned, I decided to cut these grips down to size. The Gripz are SOOOO close to fitting inside the Power Blocks, that I could almost probably just sand the edges a little and it would be good to go. However, I decided to use a saw instead.
Here are my thoughts on cutting these down to fit in power blocks.....they make for a VERY tight fit. I can imagine this will not work for everyone. I am 6"1 and have very big/long hands, however, they are not very thick. So while I can fit my hand inside the powerblocks, my wrist and fingers are pressing against the bars inside the power blocks. Most will find this unpleasant, however, I actually like it a lot better because it keeps the blocks from swinging around....and that is something I always did not like about the power blocks anyway.
Other than the power block bars themselves pressing against my fingers and hand slightly, the gripz when used with the power blocks feels AMAZING!
If anyone is willing to try, I suggest using a box cutter instead of a saw. The saw makes for a sloppy edge that I had to sand down. I think a box cutter will make a much nicer cut. Just be careful if you decide to go any route.
I still need more time to work out with them inside the power blocks. Ill update my post in a few weeks.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My forearms are huge now and my grip strength is off the charts. You def have to drop down in weight when you first start to use.Published 1 day ago by Daniel Sullivan
These smell really bad. I have had them for a while now and they still smell bad.Published 2 days ago by solat152
I had never used this type of product before and wanted to push my arm workouts to the next level. These Fat Gripz are awesome and really give me a great pump. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
What more can I say? They work. They're sturdy and do what they're supposed to do.Published 3 days ago by Lora George
I love using these on arm day and also on chest day! You really feel the difference after using them just once. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Mike T
Someone at the gym turned me on to these. It's simple - increase the "bar" diameter, and you're going to need more grip to hold it. Read morePublished 6 days ago by cwillyrun