5.0 out of 5 stars Pass me the new box of 64 colors.
Published on August 19, 2011 by Marianne Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars Us Fat Ladies Deserve More Legitimacy--
As a fat lady, I have to say that I am not thrilled with this coloring book. I guess I had expected a glance at fat ladies as more amusing and less freakish. But, then, fat ladies in space does lend itself to freakishness. It just rubbed me the wrong way. The drawings are overly simplistic, and I just don't come away with a feeling of body positivity. Thought I'd at...
Published 13 months ago by StarTraveler

5.0 out of 5 stars Pass me the new box of 64 colors., August 19, 2011
Marianne Kirby (Orlando, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Ladies in Spaaaaace: a body-positive coloring book (Paperback)
18 space-faring fatties aren't enough for all the adventures this coloring book makes me want to explore. The variety of bodies, gender presentations, styles, and activities these Fat Ladies In Spaaaaaace engage in is inspiring. The line art is bold and simple enough for kids who are coloring - but it conveys enough detail that the adult with a penchant for crayons has enough to keep them occupied as well.

The mini-stories accompanying each character are a delight - there are a few that might make a child stop and ask, but it's good to see that there's no end to the things people can accomplish, no matter what their body type.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun fantasy frolic through time, space, and imagination!, August 21, 2011
ProfessorMom (South Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love, love, love this coloring book. It's fun, funny, and so respectful of women of all shapes and sizes. It might be just a wee bit mature for some kids (it refers to seducing alien women in one of the captions, has a bit of cleavage in some of the drawings and obliquely acknowledges the fact that folks might not be straight) but any child with cool parents could handle it and any adult who believes in celebrating body diversity and likes sci-fi/fantasy will love it. The paper quality is very nice. The cover is sturdy and the drawings are clear, crisp and simple enough to make for fun coloring. This would be a great gift to give a friend who might need an antidote to the pervasive societal messages that fat folks can't do amazing things. Make sure you have a big box of crayons, you're going to want to color these as soon as they are delivered!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good!, August 20, 2011
I don't think I've ever been this excited about a coloring book. The ladies are beautiful, but actively doing things while fat. Shocking, I know. I'd like to post the pages in unexpected places, to give people something to think about...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 8, 2012
I have had this coloring book on my wishlist for a long time and I finally ordered it. I am so glad I did. The pictures are gorgeous and well drawn. My 7 year old daughter loves the space heroes and thinks it is "awesome that all the heroes are ladies". Excellent job to the author I look forward to future coloring books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving every bit of this!, November 13, 2011
This coloring book is practically perfect in every way.
No joke.
I had an absolute BLAST flipping through it, and I about died of laughter when I saw Phoebe's intrepid "guide". *snerk*

I really hope to see more of these- I'd kill for a chance at a modern fantasy/suspense version. Imagine Tanya the Vampire Slayer; Felicity, who wishes her baby brother away... ;) so many fun little options to mess about with. :D
(To use a net meme- I want to COLOR ALL THE FULL CURVES WOMEN!)

I really love how clean and detailed the drawings are- as well as how they all are so large and perfect for really letting your imagination run wild. I'm the first to admit that I'll be modeling lots of the coloring off of myself- because finally some ladies in scifi that are shaped ANYTHING like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fat Fun for Everyone!, August 22, 2011
Julianne (LITTLEROCK, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This coloring book is SO much fun! I just gave out a dozen or so to friends and EVERYONE is a fan! The pictures are fabulous, the little mini-stories underneath are witty and fun! My fabulously fat friends and I even went through the books, finding the SpaceShero that looked most like each of us. This a great way to celebrate size diversity! I hope there is a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is AWESOME!, August 30, 2011
My 7yo son and I have had a lot of fun with my new coloring book. Usually, we are coloring HIS books, but now I have one all for ME! (Fortunately, I'm good at sharing.) Heroines that look like ME for a change, woohoo!

Love it, I only wish there were more drawings in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and fun!, April 18, 2013
Some cool illustrations that'll be fun to color! I like that the pages are one sided, too! Makes it easier to pull out and display without being robbed of the other side!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Coloring. Book. Ever., October 2, 2011
This coloring book is amazing. The pictures are wonderfully drawn, with clear, bold lines. The women are majestically proportioned. This has become not only my favorite coloring book, but my 7 year old daughter's favorite and my husband's favorite. Everyone should have a copy of this book and enjoy the pictures of full-figured women being strong and capable, represented in a way that is usually reserved for more Barbie-esque shaped ladies.

5.0 out of 5 stars There needs to be more awesome things like this in the world, April 28, 2013
This coloring book makes me laugh, even when I don't have time to color I leaf through and giggle, because I just love it so much.

Fat Ladies in Spaaaaace: a body-positive coloring book
Fat Ladies in Spaaaaace: a body-positive coloring book by Theo Nicole Lorenz (Paperback - August 12, 2011)
$6.99