5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have CD for Fat Wreck Chords Fans!!!, October 14, 1998
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
Fat Music For Fat People is the first compilation put out by Fat Wreck Chords. It was previously only available through mail order, but I hear it's now available in stores even though it was originally released about 4 years ago. Underground decay :( Reguardless, it's an awesome CD with foot thumping music from reputable bands like Propagandhi, NUFAN, Lagwagon, Face to Face, Good Riddance, Tilt ,and of course NoFX's version of Eddie Murphy's "Kill all the White Men." This song will bring a grin to NoFX fans. The Tilt tune is actually demo, it's pretty awesome, no wonder Fat snatched 'em from Lookout!. All of these bands are cool, some better than others. Anti-Manifesto by Propagandhi is so good it could have supported the five stars for the whole CD! I would recommend this CD to all punkers that enjoy the new school sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skakin', October 8, 2003
kounstantinou (Winston Salem, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
I bought this disc a few years ago. It was on the counter at the check out for dirt cheap and I thought "what the heck. I'll give it a shot." I loved every minute of it. Then I lost it. Missed it so much that I'm buying another.

5.0 out of 5 stars ahhh how i love compliations, May 18, 2003
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
Compliations always seem to get the best reviews. and it's warranted. My sister handed me this cd to buy when we were in a used record store, and i haven't regretted every penny of the 8 bucks i put down for it. Propaghandi's Anti-Manifesto assaults your ears the minute your cd starts playing. then comes one of the most witty, blatantly honest Lagwagon songs i've ever heard- Know it All. The rest of the songs follow suit, but the stand outs are United Cigar by Good Riddance, You've Got a Problem by Face to Face and Blink by 88 Fingers Louie. But the closing song is perhaps the best closing song to a compliation that i've heard in a long time. It is Kill All the White Men by NOFX. This song has come to be the reigning anthem between me and my Ethiopian friend, and a favorite party song whenever i have a shakedown at my house. If you can find it, buy it, once you go punk, you'll never go mainstream again.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is hell of a good album, September 1, 2001
anna (... sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
Well, as I allways do I'm gonna have a bit of retro in my review. I can say that this is the first skatepunk i ever heard that i remember. my brother listenned to it when he was around 16, and now im 15 and ive been a real skatepunklistenner for 3 years. and i love it. this cd really kicks .... im not a hardcore fan of rancid, but this just a feeling has something special, and it is ... great. lets say like this: the songs i dontreally love here might be: (if i had to say it) guns n wankers. otherwise it kicks. and i think that propagandhi got a lovely name on that last song they had here. homophobes are just pissed cause they cant get laid. this cd is also the reason til why i started listenning to lagwagon and nofx. have a nice life

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Really Good, September 22, 2000
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
Who would have thought it? Fat Mike knows what he's doing. This is a really awesome CD with some really good bands on it. This is a punk compilation in the vein of Victory Record's Victory Style, Epitaph's Punk O Rama, and Hellcat's Give Em' The Boot series, featuring a sampling of great bands and songs. The songs flow really well too, so you don't have to worry about changing tracks. Fast, new school, melodic, cheap, what more could you ask for?
The best songs on Fat Music For Fat People are No Use For A Name's Feeding The Fire, Kill All The White Man by NOFX, and Know It All by Lagwagon. Propaghandi also has two rad songs on this. A good thing for lots of punkers.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of two fat comps worth bothering with., August 12, 2003
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
I remember buying this and thinking how brilliant the short lived band guns and wan*ers sound on this near perfect cd, there are only really about 3 throw away tracks on fat music for fat people which are stung outs in harms way, 88 fingers louies track blink and of course NOFX's kill all the white man which is my opinion so dont get all cynical. Even the tilt track sounds good on this fat comp and thats a welcome rareity so if you're going to pick any fat comps up my advice would be this one and live fat die young which is probably a little bit better than this one but it's cheap and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Music For Fat People, June 11, 2001
Paul Shamonsky (New Port Richey, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
This CD is SOO cool!! I love all the songs! They are all good efforts. I especially like Mr. Coffee You Have gotta hear that song! Other than that this is a great CD!! buy it today!! You'll Enjoy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Some good songs, February 3, 2000
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
For the money this cd is great. Some good songs, #'s:1,2,8,9,10 and the NOFX song at the end is great. Its definitelyworth the money. But if it were 13 bucks I would be so sure

5.0 out of 5 stars i love punk- this is an awesome comp.some of the best bands!, June 27, 1999
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
Fat records really knows what they're doing as far as providing cheep CD's with awesome bands on them! I also recommend Short music for short people which is 101: 30 second songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it!, November 6, 2005
This review is from: Fat Music for Fat People (Audio CD)
I have had this CD for years...I also got it dirt cheep at a music store...Its a CD I have continued to listen it and Led to buying some of the other FAT Compilations...Great stuff

Fat Music for Fat People
Fat Music for Fat People by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1998)