5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended to any girl who is or has ever been ..., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
Oh, was this ever a heartbreaking but worthwhile read for any girl who's ever been in a relationship and had doubts about herself/physical appearance. I actually teared up several times reading this, but some of the stories came with such a strong sense of empowerment too. Highly recommended to any girl who is or has ever been on the heavier side of average.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely relatable!, October 4, 2013
Reading this book almost felt like reading my own story. It's taken me a long time to accept my body and sexuality, it's good to know I'm not alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone interested in the field of Sexuality/Sexology, May 20, 2013
Victoria Reuveni (West Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
I am honored to have been one of the people who helped to fund this book when it was on kickstarter. (My name is in the acknowledgements!)

"Fat Sex" discusses two of the most taboo topics in our culture. Fat and sex? It's unfathomable. This book is mostly anecdotal, weaving personal stories of various men and women from all walks of life. Each person has had a different experience in relation to their weight, sexuality, and the combination of the two. They talk about the struggles and successes in coming to terms with the body they have and finding love and their places in the world. Not all the stories have happy endings, but they do show a variety of human experiences.

Woven into the personal accounts, are some facts, historical, medical, socio-behavioral, and cultural perspectives. There are some details about the medical industry's opinions of people of size. As a rule, being heavy is equated with health problems. This has been shown to not always necessarily be true, however. As stated in this book, it is much more detrimental for a person's weight to continuously yo-yo. Drastic measures in weight loss, such as the myriad surgeries available, are rarely necessary. Diets and surgeries are hardly ever completely successful over the long term, often doing much more damage than good.

As a culture we have a problem with fat. We desexualize people who are heavy; we continue to advertise clothing to the small percentage of the population who are very slim. The truth is most of the people in the United States do not see models who represent their body type on billboards.

This book is a great jumping off point to discussing and breaking down the taboo of the sexuality of fat people. It is certainly a book that should be considered by those in the field of sexology. "Fat Sex" shows that like people of any size, there are ups and downs in discovering one's sexuality and how one fits in with those around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, February 3, 2013
As a fat woman, I found myself relating to many of the stories. I cried. Smiled. Laughed. A must read for anyone who has ever been told that being fat in some way makes you a lesser human being. Or a non-sexual being. Because fat sex is amazing sex!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Whole Truth, January 16, 2013
Cindy (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This book tells it like it is! Highly recommend this for any Fat Studies curriculm or anyone who is just interested in the subject matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well-written book about something not spoken about enough, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
I loved this book. Many of the stories I could relate to, and even the ones I couldn't were still incredibly interesting. Great piece about fat and sexuality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 24, 2012
MiMi (Idaho, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
It's a breath of fresh air to have positive, sex & fat in the same thought. It's a very thought provoking read. Hooray for fatties having sex and being positive about it! We exist and we love and have sex just.like.you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
Right from the first chapter, I was enthralled with this book. The stories are touching, and real. You feel like you can relate to each person. I found this book to be much better written than the last 10 or so books I have read. I am an avid reader, and have my degree in English Literature, so that is saying something!

I would highly recommend this book to ANYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Fat Sex: The Naked Truth (Paperback)
This book was amazing. It was absolutely not what I expected. "Fat Sex"- I really thought it was going to be a little bit raunchier, and stories from different people patched together. However, it was far better. The author tells the story of many different people who happen to be fat. It is a really sensitive and engaging group of stories that detail the love lives of these people, and how their size has affected their relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars BBW? must read !!, December 1, 2014
Great read! Every BBW or admirer should own this book.

Fat Sex: The Naked Truth
Fat Sex: The Naked Truth by Rebecca Jane Weinstein (Paperback - June 19, 2012)
$15.99 $12.45