Published 21 months ago by Indyanna

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly immature and badly written
Published 17 months ago by Theresa Brandt

5.0 out of 5 stars Flabbergasted that this is a debut novel! It's the total package!, January 14, 2013
Indyanna "A.S." (Fishers, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
I love this book! I have been on a downward slope of book that fulfill me on many levels. It's been too long since I read a book that I giggled, fanned myself and highlighted so much in one sitting! Not that those actions make the perfect book, but a fast moving, hawt, mature story with twists, turns and bumps in the road NOT put there by juvenile misunderstandings make it perfect!

Let's cover the fact that Dean the manwhore is not just falling head over heels, but he's really being selfless. Evy is taking a chance and Brooke and Dean's friends (Jon and Shaun - no joke) are a mother freakig RIOT!

If this is a debut novel, I am a an official lifetime fan of Kaitlyn Cross because this book was awesome. It's going on my "to read again and again" list and it's a top 5 for sure.

Oh, the fact that this book was $.99 is like winning the lottery!

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly immature and badly written, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
I felt like I was reading the FIRST DRAFT of a high school creative writing project. Dean Jacobs and his 'buddies' Shaun and Jon talk crudely about women: "hitting that", "tapping that," and referring to Dean as "big baller" like immature high school jocks playing sexual one-upmanship. The female protagonist, Evy is okay, but her sister Brooke, who I assume is the novel's comic relief is unspeakably crude. It was painful to read her.

Clunky phrasing ('his appetite getting wetter'), bizarre similes and metaphors ('Evy's eyes roamed his rigid stature like wild horses,' and 'her eyes thinned'), along with some of the most amateurish descriptive writing that I've ever read ('Evy laughed sharply, her jaw dragging the floor.' and my absolute favorite: 'She massaged his groin, watering the erection inside.'), leave us with a novel suffering from incredibly bad editing. The wretched editing, poor word choices, hackneyed plotting, and uninteresting characters are each, individually SO bad that I will not be buying the 'conclusion' to this tragedy in the form of a novel.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Ms. Cross has taken a bad story and stretched it across TWO books just to take more of your money. Be warned: her next novels, The 'Just One Night Series', though better written and plotted stretch across THREE books. If you are going to spend upwards of 5 to 6 dollars for an e-book, I suggest that series. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars I think not!, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
Reading all the reviews on this book, I could not wait to start reading. But a quarter of a way into it, I was still struggling to connect to the characters. There is no depth to the book, it is all about scoring and that's it. And then to draw it out over two books?! It was crass and there was something very unrealistic about the father and daughter baddies. I had to force myself to get to the end, in the hope of some redemption that never came. That ticked me off so much that I had to write my first Amazon review, if for no other reason than to warn other readers off. Don't waste your money on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a funny beginning to intensifying cliffhanger!, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't believe it! From laughing so hard to almost a quarter of the book, to a hot sweet romance then wham! hits you like a tornado! it changed pace dramatically,am afraid for everyone who has a connection to Dean lest they meet a misfortune, afraid for Evy, the woman he loves, and her family. One moment everything was lighthearted and funny next he's caught in a crossfire that had Dean scrambling to find a way to get out of...then to being threatened and browbeaten if he doesn't propose to the girl of his nightmare Megan...then the tense and desperate phone call of Evy to Dean...the cliffhanger will make you hold your breath!! PLEASE release the next book! now! Have pity on us! especially the other reviewer who may not have enough hair left on her head from being caught in this intensifying saga! while the rest of us in pins and needles! Thank you Ms.Cross for a great debut novel, you're awesome! Well Done!! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
The storyline did not flow at all and tried to rely on crude shock-factor tactics. Basically, it is not written or developed well and did NOT keep my interest. Skip it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, February 11, 2013
Michigan Pebbz (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
Really? Come on-the intro was pretty hardcore. I am no prude; but usually you start off with a character introduction and lead up to the kink. If you don't mind poorly written smut-enjoy! I didn't make it passed page 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars honestly..., February 7, 2013
Finisher of books (Springfield gardens, ny, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
No recap here I'm just going to jump right in and say while this book was well priced at99 cent I'm not sure it was worth the time reading . I'm annoyed I have to wait to find out what happens when the story had such a huge shift of focus halfway through. I'm annoyed that it skipped 6 weeks ahead in their relationship so we miss the whole falling in love that we read a love story for. People are giving g this book too many starsand that's how I fell into the trap. While its written well enough I really don't like when huge parts of the story are skipped and i must admit I was alittle bored in some spots.I really want to give this 2 and a half starsbut because its a new writer i gavea 3. I must say it at least has a good cliff hanger aspect. I might read the next one .Not sure yet

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
This book was mediocre, at best. It was just really hard for me to truly get into the story. First of all, the time frame was too unrealistic for me. I understand that this is just a book and things are typically sped up, but it made it hard to believe in their "chemistry". She was wary of dating him because of her past, and on their first "date" some woman ends up in his lap and that motivates her to make out with him right after? Not believable. Then, the author's word choice in some instances and poor editing made the story kind of choppy. It was missing the fluidity that allows me to get lost in the story. Overall, the story line has a nice twist to it, I'm just not sure if I want to suffer through book 2. I guess since it was only $.99 one could say you get what you pay for. *shrugs*

1.0 out of 5 stars So many better options out there, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
Book summary: Evy said, Dean said, Evy felt, Dean felt, penis, penis, Megan, penis. That about covers the depth of this story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well this a little gem, May 23, 2013
Sarah (Adelaide South Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Interrupted (Kindle Edition)
We have Evy, pretty 28 yr old in Millwaukie to help her sister Brooke & Brooke's husband Ben with their new business. It's a desert bar, with licence for selling alcohol, like any other bar. Sugars is a unique place & turning out to be quite popular.

Then there is Dean 34, lawyer, he's a player & apparently an extremely good looking one, which helps. Dean, Jon & Shaun are best of mates. Shaun lives his partying life through Dean & Jon, as he is married with kids. Dean & Jon enjoy the single life picking up girls & playing the field. But right from the start we get the feeling that Dean is getting bored with his life at the moment, especially with his lack of enthusiasm with a chick called Megan. He has to imagine someone else just to get it on with her, not a good sign.

While getting over a hangover the next day he sees Evy & it all starts from there. We have the chase & determination from Dean, who finally convinces Evy to go out with him. Evy's been hurt badly in the past & knows that Dean is a player, which makes her very wary of him. Then bam get the fireworks & sparks between them. A wonderful romance blossoms, we get hot hot hot love scenes that leave you wanting a cold shower. We get fantastic friendships forming & very witty dialogue.

Then the whole story gets turned upside down, we get a surprise problem crop up that threatens to ruin the wonderful relationship that we have now fallen in love with. We have heartbreak looming, with threats to life & livelihood of friends & family. All of which come with proof that it can all go to s*** really quickly. Dean has to choose between the woman he loves staying safe & following rules set out by a very untrustworthy person with his own agenda.

We are left with a cliffhanger scene & now our hearts are breaking for Evy & Dean. The story is quite unique. The characters within are quite funny at times. The conversation that happen & the interaction between all of them is fantastic. All come across with a real feel, very believable.

Very enjoyable story, can't wait for the 2nd & final part of this tale. Will pray for all to be well & praying we get our HEA.

Fate Interrupted