4.0 out of 5 stars Nuggets of Wisdom for Fathers of Daughters
Although a very short, small book, this is a very good collection of simple bits of wisdom.

Published on May 15, 2005 by S. Peek

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of Fun-Low on content
This is a cute little book with a lot of fun ideas,it just lacks content in my opinion.I read the whole thing in about 30 minutes.It does have some nice ideas though.
Published on December 16, 2008 by J. Cather

4.0 out of 5 stars Nuggets of Wisdom for Fathers of Daughters, May 15, 2005
S. Peek (Rocky Mountains, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Father to Daughter: Life Lessons on Raising a Girl (Paperback)

Some readers may think that it is too simplistic, but I think it contains some things that are very good reminders for fathers of daughters. As big of a job as parenting is in today's world, we can all use reminders of even the basics. In our fast paced world, many times our relationships with family members take a back seat to work. That shouldn't be the case. In this primer on parenting, Harrison helps us remember some basic things that are very valuable.

Some of the pages deal with advice on things that are your role as a parent. Others contain insights that will make readers smile in remembering events they have experienced in child rearing.

Some of my favorite of the included 'lessons' are these:

1. Take part in her life now. Don't wait until she's 15 to try to develop a relationship.

2. Tell her from day one that she can accomplish anything.

3. Be prepared to watch Walt Disney movies with her some 200 times. Each.

4. Tickle her, play with her, give her piggyback rides. She's not breakable.

5. Realize that as you shape her, she will shape you.

6. Read to her often. Very soon, she'll be reading to you.

7. Talk to her about what she wants to be when she grows up.

Continally reinforce the idea that anything is possible.

8. When she's old enough, sign her up for karate lessons. This is more for your sake than hers.

9. Think before you speak. Even when you don't mean to, you can end up hurting her feelings.

10. Take her out of town to somewhere she's never been at least once a year. This will develop her sense of wonder.

11. Remember, teenage girls spend hours in their room doing something. No man has ever really figured out what that something is.

12. There will be days when you think you've raised an alien. Those are the same days she feels she's being raised by one.

13. Remember, it's a good thing if the boys in her life think you are slightly unstable.

Frankly, I never would have bought this for myself. It's a very small, 'cutesy' looking book. It's just not the type of thing that attracts my attention. Fortunately, my wife saw it and bought it for me. It is a real little treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Book, June 16, 2006
S Bailey (Centennial, CO) - See all my reviews
At first, I thought this was a silly gift my husband received when I was pregnant with our daughter. I decided to take a look at it, and its such a beautiful book. It has very simple ideas and advice, but very important life lessons.

The whole book is full of common sense ideas, but they are things that get overlooked and forgotten. Every dad should be forced to read this as part of soon-to-be-daddy training.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift idea!!!, March 25, 2004
Suzanne "srrn74" (Potomac, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I just happened to pick this up in a book store one day and loved it from the first page. It is a wonderful book filled with a short paragraph or even just one sentence on each page. Some make you laugh, some make you think and some make you cry. A perfect gift to get for a husband, son, uncle, brother, friend whatever. Will make the Daddy and Daddy's little girl bond even stronger!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for Daddies and Daddies-To-Be, May 31, 2004
E.J. McIlwaine (Tucker, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is absolutely fantastic. I am a father of two daughters, with a new baby on the way. This book touched me, motivated me, made me think, made me change, and brought tears to my eyes at times.
I am sending a copy to all my "father of daughters" friends.
A must have for Daddies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of Fun-Low on content, December 16, 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing! Don't expect much here., August 12, 2004
J. Pace "Darrell Pace" (Tuscumbia, AL United States) - See all my reviews
I am sorry but I cannot give this book a good rating. It claims to have life lessons on raising a girl and all I found was a collection of sayings. Some of them were good suggestions, but most were just sentimental "warm fuzzies." Maybe this is all that some guys need to help them raise their daughter, but I have four and I need much more help than this book was able to deliver. Also, before you buy check the dimensions of the book. It is really small and each page contains about a sentence. It is really not worth the money you will spend on it. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little book for fathers-to-be, January 1, 2007
David W. Southworth (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I received this book in the mail recently and read it in about 20 minutes. It is about 300 or so short pieces of advice for fathers of girls in various stages of development. The quotes are variously witty, funny, instructive, and serious on the challenge men face in raising healthy girls to be self-assured young women. Two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Father to Daughter, June 20, 2004
By A Customer
I'm a 46 year old man's man. I have two daughters, 9 and 15. Every page contains good advice. I wish I had it to use 15 years ago.
For all you old dad's; be careful, it will make you cry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, but a "LITTLE" disappointing, June 20, 2012
This is book is full of great meaning tips/advice that correspond with the different milestones of a girl's life. However, this book fits in the palm of my hand. Maybe I didn't read the dimensions, but who does?? Either way, I didn't like that it was so small, but still good information.

5.0 out of 5 stars dad book, April 5, 2009
I gave this as part of a baby shower gift for the "dad to be". he was so happy to be included in the celebration. Great book.

Father to Daughter: Life Lessons on Raising a Girl
Father to Daughter: Life Lessons on Raising a Girl by Harry H. Harrison (Paperback - March 15, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.01