Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on July 22, 2013
I liked reading this book in small increments. I was looking for a book that would help me understand the scriptures better. I need two bookmarks when I read. One to mark where I am reading and one to refer to the actual understanding of scripture by the author. It is very frustrating to flip back and forth but I am trying my best. Maybe I just went beyond my knowledge. How sad is that! Maybe I am just looking too hard. I find this book very hard to understand, but isn't everything about GOD that way? I am still struggling through it.
on May 29, 2015
Somewhat hard to follow. Will try it again though. Perhaps it's where one is in life.
on December 21, 2014
was not available after ordered No problem
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
I think this book might have been much better had I never read the bible before and didn't really know anything about the apparent progressive revelation contained therein. Hahn spends most of the book going over the stories in Genesis and Exodus, showing how God had a plan to save humanity from the time Adam sinned until Jesus, but with this being a Hahn book, the covenant actually progressed until it culminated with the Eucharist (an opinion which I don't accept but then again, I don't accept transubstantiation). With all of the Hahn books I've read this is geared more towards being as accessible as possible (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but, I'm hoping that his other covenant book Kinship by Covenant is deeper.

-- EDIT --
I still don't think this book is worth more than 3 stars, but in all honesty my first review was a little arrogant, in the culture we live in there isn't a lot of bible study going on and Hahn's book does do a good job of summarizing some of the early books of the bible. I wanted something deeper than this book, but I should have been aware of its intended audience. I also still don't agree that everything leading up to Christ's death was dealing with the Eucharist, but perhaps a Catholic might.
55 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse