Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Of course, getting your wishes fulfilled isn't always a good thing. Pretty soon, Fausto realizes he is in over his head. Things are getting--to say the least--creepy. How will he ever get out? How will he ever get rid of the Mephistophelean Santos Vela? Or, will he?
Thankfully, redemption is possible, and comes in a surprising but satisfying way--which, of course, I won't share with you. You'll have to watch this movie for yourself. I picked up the film to help with my Spanish, was thoroughly enchanted by it, watched it twice and loved it. Beautifully done, with great photography, sound, symbolism, over-the-top fantasies, and--of course--the unnaturally cheerful demon who is Santos Vela.
I recommend this one highly. Reviewed by Louis N. Gruber.
The story revolves around Dr. Fausto (a venerated doctor dealing in terminal medicine) and one of his past patients called Salles. Salles is an eccentric character, the kind of person who can get under your skin with his attitude and behavior. Salles is a demi genie and he helps (otherwise a very uptight and reserved) Dr. Fausto unveil his dark and hedonistic side. Salles encourages Fausto to be forceful with his wishes. Dr. Fausto had operated on a terminally ill Salles many years back (and allegedly removed his stomach). Salles recovered miraculously (because of wishful thinking) and maintained a grudge against Dr. Fausto for removing his stomach. His character is intriguing and you'll be confused if he is thankful or vengeful.
The transformation in Dr. Fausto's character is sudden and scary. The intriguing and somewhat confusing story is supplemented by dark ambient music, draped sets and psychedelic lighting. The end is sudden and will keep you guessing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This film is AWESOME. I watched it on Nexflix, had nothing to do one night so I watched this on my puter. And let me tell you people. Read morePublished on December 21, 2009 by Harris J. Swan
I watched this film a long time ago on tv and it still has this weird impact on me. So, i decided to purchase and i am still not dissappointed! Read morePublished on November 5, 2008 by Ben
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Horror > General