Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2008 5:16:58 PM PDT
Including the old series, who were your favorite companions? I think mine would be:
Romana
Leela
Ace
Susan (only because she was related to the doctor and was the first companion)
Adric was cute
And no one could forget...K9. All of them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2008 2:25:46 PM PDT
Ken Fontenot says:
Although some might disagree, I really enjoyed Tegan and Nyssa. Sure, Sarah Jane Smith is probably the most beloved companion in Who-ville, but Tegan and Nyssa always stood out to me. It might be for the fact that Peter Davison is my favorite incarnation of the Doctor.

In order of adoration, here are my favorites: Tegan, Nyssa, Rose Tyler, Sarah Jane Smith, Wendy, and one fella, Jamie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2008 12:40:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2008 12:41:36 AM PDT
RonCharles says:
The new series has two of the best companions ever: Rose and Captain Jack. Simply due to her longevity on the show and her role as the first new companion, I would have to say that Rose is my favourite. If the writers and producers want to add a male companion to the show again, they ought to bring back the young guy who was featured in the first new Dalek episode.
From the old show my favourite companion by far was Leela. I loved the rapport between the Doctor and her, and I understood his fondness for her when he referred to her as a savage. Adric, also, made an impression on me at the end with his final departure from the show. And, of course, how could I ever leave out K-9?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 6:15:31 AM PDT
Jo and Sarah Jane

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 6:56:57 AM PDT
E. Baker says:
Sarah Jane Smith would be my favorite companion from the earlier series, but Donna is by far my favorite of the new ones. I'm probably in the minority, but Donna brought a lot to the series including comedy and a new perspetive, and it was a relief to see a companion that didn't spend most of their time trying to get the Doctor to be their boyfriend/lover.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2008 11:38:10 AM PDT
A. Pollema says:
Um ok...

Sarah Jane
Ace
Roman
Adric
Rose

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 11:30:14 AM PDT
Jo Grant
Nyssa
Leela
Romanna (Both Versions)
K-9 (Mark 1 & 2) -reserving option on mark III
Rose Tyler

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 2:42:24 PM PDT
What about the Brigadier? Although he never travelled with the Doctor, he was a true companion in the deepest sense of the word. He was always helping the Doctor, not to mention appearing with all but 2 of the classic series Doctors. He's my fav.

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 5:07:38 PM PDT
Heather says:
I never saw the old show (I know, I need to watch it), but my favorite out of the new show is most definately Rose Tyler. Her character was just so fun to watch and she had a chemistry with the Doctor that I just haven't seen since.

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 2:10:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2011 2:12:32 PM PDT
I don't know why but I always liked Dodo Chaplett, I think so much could've been done with her Character had the writers given her a chance.
Some of my other favorites would be
JAMIE(He lasted for a pretty long time)
Ian Chesterton
Romana I
K9(How couldn't you? IM LOOKIN AT YOU TOM)
Tegan
Rose
Donna
Amy

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:33:47 AM PDT
Leela (didn't need rescuing all that much)
Rose (same reason, really)
Adric (I love the gay ones)
Captain Jack Harkness (same reason)
Ace (because she was so good at blowing up things)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:35:57 AM PDT
The Brig is great and he did travel with the Doctor (twice) see THE THREE DOCTORS and MAWDRYN UNDEAD. It is sad that we lost both Nicholas Courtney (the Brigadier) and Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) just last year.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 17, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series
Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series by David Tennant (DVD)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (883)