Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2009 2:20:25 PM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
I heart Eric in a serious way. At first, he scared the crap out of me and I thought he was going to some serious stuff to Sookie, but by the time I got through book 8 I was totally loving the guy. Here are 5 of my favorite Eric moments in no particular order:

1. Eric showing up at Sookie's dressed up in pink spandex and wearing it confidently

2. Eric saying to Sookie in book 5 (and I don't know the exact words at this moment) "Did you finally yield to me, Sookie?" The fact that he speaks so old world sometimes - love it.

3. Eric asking how Sookie is feeling about something in book 5 not knowing why exactly he even cares.

4. The blood bond exchange at the vampire summit - that whole scene was just hot!!

5. confronting Sookie in book 6 about "shaking her assets" like he was appalled - and jealous

I just love that undead man . . . became my favorite character by far!! Kinda sad how Bill got put on the backburner as a character.

How about yours?

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 3:25:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2009 3:26:05 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
him apolozing to sookie in book two. it was freakin funny. so sarcastic.

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 7:03:46 AM PDT
NYCPickyMom says:
I loved Bill from watching the series and was so disappointed when they broke up in the books but now I am all for Eric. He is her knight in shining armor and most like guys I know. He is very reluctant to admit his feeling which makes them more intense when he shows them. I'm for Sookie and Eric all the way and Ihope Bill can't handle it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2009 9:47:55 AM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
I was totally a Bill fan up until the end of the third book. I even thought Bill and Sookie might reconcile at the end of Club Dead but they didn't. And then I read book 4 and still no reconciliation with Bill and here Eric was living with Sookie for that week and that just started the mess of what exactly their undefined relationship is. I wonder if CH always intended for Sookie to have this relationship with Eric and not Bill. And in the end I have a feeling that I'm going to be sad that Sooks doesn't pick Eric or even Bill for that matter.

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 12:23:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2009 12:54:52 PM PDT
Natasha874 says:
Wow I hve so many favorite Eric Moments:

CLUB DEAD Book #3
"It's me," said a familiar voice.
"Eric, what are you doing here?"
"Snuggling."
"You son of a b@$ch! I thought you were bill! I thought he was back!"
"Sookie, You need a shower."
"What?"
Your hair is dirty, and your breath could knock down a horse."

FROM DEAD TO THE WORLD Book #8
Sookie: "Snap out of it"
Eric: "When you smell like that, I just want to f*** you and bite you and rub myself all over you"

"Sitting here on your bed, smelling your scent," he said in a voice so low I had to strain to hear it.
"Sookie . . . I remember everything."
"I can't believe I-"
"Yeah, yeah, I know, loved a mere human, made all those promises, was as sweet as pie and wanted to stay with me forever," I muttered. Surely there was a shortcut we could take through this scene.
"I can't believe I felt something so strongly and was so happy for the first time in hundreds of years," Eric said with some dignity. "Give me some credit for that, too."

DEAD AS A DOORNAIL Book# 5:
Eric: "Did we have sex?" he asked directly.
Sookie: For about two minutes this might actually be fun. "Eric" I said, "we had sex in every position I could imagine, and some I couldn't. We had sex in every room in my house, and we had sex outdoors. You told me it was the best you'd ever had." (At this time he couldn't recall all the sex he'd ever had. But he'd paid me a compliment.) "Too bad you can't remember it", I concluded with a modest smile.

Eric: Sookie, Sookie. My bullsh** meter is reading that as a `false.'

LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS Book #2:
"Sookie, my little bullet-sucker," he said, sounding fond and warm.
"Eric, my big bullsh***er"

ALL TOGETHER DEAD BOOK#7
Eric: "This woman has been mine and she will be mine," he said in tones so definite I thought about checking my rear end for a brand.
Quinn shifted his gaze to me. "Babe, are you his or not?" he asked.
"Not" I said
"Then let's go enjoy the show," Quinn said

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 12:58:06 PM PDT
Natasha874 says:
Ohh forget to mention I also like the dance with Sookie and Eric at the ball in book 7.
I hope they end up together I'm a big fan of Eric I'm so in love with him :P

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 1:09:24 PM PDT
Tyrannis says:
I love that he always takes care of her, especially since she doesn't really voluntarily let him take care of her. He had her driveway re-done and her door replaced, replaced her coat that had blood all over it, replaced her cell phone and paid the bill, overpaid her for taking him in....he just does it. If Bill had done that, I'd have liked Bill a lot better but instead he took care of some relatives he didn't even really like and who will never accept him. Dork.
:)

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 7:25:47 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
eric paid for all those things because it was his fault they were broken to begin with. =)

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 2:01:49 PM PDT
Tyrannis says:
Not all of it was his fault! And he didn't break her door or her driveway. He didn't have to pay her cell phone in advance for 6 months and the coat was all Debbie Who Will Not Die. He's thoughtful towards her and generous. That's cool.
Plus, he never used the power of Debbie over her. I kept waiting for him to do it, but he didn't.
If he does it in the next book I will not find that funny!

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 2:46:46 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
I HATE BILL!!! =) sorry. just had to say that, i feel better now.

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 3:34:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2009 3:34:25 PM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
I never ever expected to LOVE Eric. I thought he was going to be the same scary Eric he was from book 1 and now I'll just die if Sookie ends up with Bill again. Please let all my dreams come true and make Eric and Sookie together!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 7:43:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2009 8:53:31 AM PDT
Natasha874 says:
Brittany & B. Murphy, I so agree with you !!!
First I started watching True Blood and I loved Bill but then I started reading the books and now I'm so OBSESSED with Eric I wish Bill would just go away lol. I really do hope Sookie & Eric end up together and I can't wait of ''Dead and Gone'' to find out if they had there ''talk''.

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 12:27:42 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
ONE MONTH!!!!! SO CLOSEEEE

Posted on Apr 2, 2009 12:29:21 PM PDT
Tyrannis says:
Actually, I have to add to my favorite Eric moments. The short story about Dracula's birthday party. That was the best! He's all excited and Pam keeps comparing him to Linus in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". That was classic Eric at his joyful best. That story cracked me up so much! Eric was all nervous and running around hopeful. It was very human of him.

Posted on Apr 2, 2009 4:29:36 PM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
How funny that you bring up the Dracula story because I just read that the other night for the first time and it was super funny. I love how Eric just grabbed Sookie when he threw open the door and just laid a big one on her. Then how after he realized that it wasn't the real Dracula that stepped forth and he smiled up to Sookie saying maybe it would happen next year. It was like he was a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 9:34:10 AM PDT
Natasha874 says:
Hey got a question:
When Sookie says Eric made love "like a train thundering through a tunnel" What does she mean by that phrase?

Sorry I'm a little slow today I didn't have my morning coffee?

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 4:47:53 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
put your mind 'in the gutter'.... im sure you can figure it out

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 2:56:40 PM PDT
"Dead to the world"
starting from pg32

Jason: " you going to introduce me?'
I took a deep breath. It would have been so much better if Jason hadn't seen Eric. "Better not" I said. They both took that badly. Jason looked wounded, and the vampire looked offened.
"Eric", he said, and stuck out a hand to Jason
"Jason Stackhouse, this rude lady's brother,"jason said
They shook, and I felt like wringing both their necks.

"Are you in danger?" Jason asked me directly.
"not yet." i said
"If you do somethingthat gets my sister hurt, you'll bein a world of trouble." Jason told Eric the vampire.
"I would expect nothing less," Eric said. "But since you are being blunt with me I'll be blunt with you. I think you should support her and take her into your household, so she would be better protected."
Jasons mouth fell open again, and I had to cover my own so I wouldn't laugh out loud.

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 4:15:23 PM PDT
Natasha874 says:
ohh !.....lol

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 7:41:13 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
lol. i knew ud get it.

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 4:57:33 PM PDT
Book 1 Eric was stand-offish and rude (and Eric in True Blood is a GREAT actor to pull off the looks and cool demeanor). But seeing him so vulnerable when he lost his memory really made me look at Eric in a completely different way. While he may have returned to "business Eric' when the witch died, it seems he had changed his mind about Sookie. She was no linger at his "beck and call", she had become a useful tool, someone helpful. He looked at her in a whole new light. With his change of attitude, he has quickly become my favorite and I hope he and Sookie end up together. I hate Bill for what he did to her, and while I do believe that he does love her now, the hurt runs too deep to go back to him. Gotta love this series!

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 7:32:09 PM PDT
B. Murphy says:
lol. did anyone mention him dressing up as the gay guy?

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 11:42:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2009 1:01:48 PM PDT
Mariella says:
I fell in love with Eric (much like Natasha: I was a bit freaked out with him in "True Blood" but became a Team Eric in the books). It was hilarious when he sent Sookie the "peculiar red blossom...that looke almost obscene, like a lady's part," and I realized this character is my favorite. Each book added more depth of Eric with fun and excitement. I will add some of his best phrases, IMO (although there just so many):
Dead as a Doornail
"Sookie, you have to understand that for hundreds, thousands, of years we have considered ourselves better than humans, separate from humans." He thought for a second. "Very much in the same relationship to humans as humans have to, say, cows. Edible like cows, but cute, too."
Also in DAAD, Eric speaks to Sookie:
"Why were you there? Was that blasted Alcide trying to use you for for some purpose in the contest?"
"You should talk about using"
"Yes, but I'm straightforward about it," Eric said, his blue eyes wide and guileless.

Totally Eric! And remember when he dances with Sookie, who needs to "have a long, cold drink. Lots of ice." after that in "Dracula Night"? Gotta love that vamp.

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 12:15:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2009 12:15:49 PM PDT
B.E. Reader says:
What book does he give her that flower in? I don't remember that. That is freakin' hilarious!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2009 12:27:17 PM PDT
Louise says:
DITTO
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2009
Latest post:  May 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
From Dead to Worse (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 8)
From Dead to Worse (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 8) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 6, 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (626)