5.0 out of 5 stars I have learned a lot about Greek mythology from this book.
Whenever my mom asks me a question about Greek mythology,the answer comes pouring out of my mouth,like Odysseus and his men came pouring out of the Trojan horse. This book is great for someone who has never read Greek myths before. I have enjoyed it and learned a lot.
Published on September 7, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
Published on September 13, 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I have learned a lot about Greek mythology from this book., September 7, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Favorite Greek Myths (Dover Children's Thrift Classics) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain, January 26, 2002
Wow[...] a nice little (87 pages) book that covers Gods & Titans, Hercules, Heroes and Monsters, the Argonauts, the Trojan War and the Odyssey. Only six line drawings illustrate the text, but still this is a very good introduction at a truly affordable price. Readable by a 4th grader with good reading skills or an older student or adult, but with some difficult names.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, September 13, 2006
A Kid's Review
I read this book and I am a 6th grader. I read it be because it was a book that the whole class had to read. I will tell you I get straight a's and even though I get a's it seriously was a very hard book. I mean there is all these names like Prometheus, Odysseus, Eurytheus, Medusa, Jason, Polydectes, Zeus, Hercules, and many, many more characters than that. I wouldn't recommend this book to someone who gets stressed on things when you don't get something or somebody who is younger.

3.0 out of 5 stars Half-Hearted Attempt at Greek Myths: Completely Devoid of Passion, August 30, 2013
This book does not contain enough details about any of the myths to be interesting. By reading it you can get a feel for what the real story was about, but that's about it--no story line, just words linking one point plot to the next. I have only read about half of the stories, but do not think any of them would hold the attention of my daughters. I am not convinced that the author has any feelings about the characters in the book.

I do not recommend this book for any age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading!, November 24, 2012
Constance (CHICAGO, Israel) - See all my reviews
Great to introduce to children. Nice illustrations! I enjoyed reading this in simple language as well! I purchased because I needed to refresh my knowlege on mythology for a graduate-level homework assignment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for a Precocious Child, March 2, 2013
Michael Burk (Kirkland, WA United States) - See all my reviews
My son is an avid first grade reader. He wanted to learn about Medusa and this book was a fantastic introduction. It is not trivial from a vocabulary perspective (get the sample first if you aren't sure), but the stories themselves are true enough to the originals while skipping over some of the harsher parts of mythology. Hercules, for instance, starts with the labors because of Hera, but it politely avoids telling you what he did that caused that. This book proved to be a fantastic introduction to mythology for my son.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, June 17, 2014
Easy to read, as advertised. Also a good value. Color illustrations might have made the book more attractive to young readers. Overall, as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveiw, June 16, 2014
Glenna Shen (Thousand Oaks, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Greek Mythology. It gives short, descriptive stories and pictures anyone could like.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10 year old loved it., May 14, 2014
We read a chapter every evening and she never got distracted, it is a very nice book to read with them and explain how these myths have evolved so far.
Highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super classic, March 2, 2014
This a a great little read of the classics on greek myths. Highly recommend for classically educating families or kids interested in greek mythology. Good stuff.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Favorite Greek Myths (Dover Children's Thrift Classics)
Favorite Greek Myths (Dover Children's Thrift Classics) by Bob Blaisdell (Paperback - December 1, 1995)
$3.00 $2.70