Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2012 8:00:04 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
I had a few lines that just made me "LOL". And even though this book had some "heavy" thoughts going on...there was some of that old humor that CH adds.

Pam (of course..the queen of quotable quotes)
"I'll bet you a demon's d**k that she had a bit of fairy blood in it," Pam said.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 8:09:02 PM PDT
Karen says:
@GG -
Loved that one. I want a Pam, although Danderson may come close.
My daughter is reading my copy away for right now, lying on the couch. I keep aggravating her, asking what page she's on. (They interrupted my reading earlier - against instructions laid down yesterday).
I'll post my quote later, when she goes to bed.

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:14:23 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
must be a female vamp thing...because this one is from Freyda.
"When Appius Livius Ocella came through Oklahoma with his bumboy, ...."

I was like..."did she just say what I thought she said?" yep....
hmmmm...I know Eric and Freyda have some things in "common", but so do Pam and Freyda.....

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:21:41 PM PDT
Karen says:
@GG - You're right, some of those vamp girls have a wicked turn of phrase.

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:32:02 PM PDT
Karen says:
@GG -
one of my favorites, already been a spoiler, but I love this one.
"Next people will be asking me to be a surrogate mom for their babies, cause it would be 'inconvenient for' them to carry their own."

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 8:40:35 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
@Karen
good point about our Danderson...she's our "Pam" of the group. You don't know what she's going to say...but it sure is funny whatever it is.

I loved how Pam takes care of Sookie in DL. what a great friendship CH has created between the two of them.

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:03:14 AM PDT
J. Collier says:
This has been posted before, but it's my favorite LOL quote:

"'We came to wish you a happy day,' Eric said. 'And I suppose, as usual, Bill will want to express his undying love that surpasses my love, as he'll tell you−and Pam will want to say something sarcastic and nearly painful, while reminding you that she loves you, too.'"

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:07:21 AM PDT
krtmd says:
When Jannalynn comes in to find Sam and Sookie using the computer together at Merlotte's, and she's radiating tension, Sookie says:

"What?" I asked again, alarmed. "Are we being attacked?"

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:25:14 AM PDT
YogiD says:
good point about our Danderson...she's our "Pam" of the group. You don't know what she's going to say...but it sure is funny whatever it is.

I have no clue what you're talking about..............I'm an angel in the manger. And when I say that.........it means lots of people worship me. LMAO! Oh man, it's too early to be cracking myself up!

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:28:29 AM PDT
YogiD says:
You girl got some good ones! This book was funny.......

One of the funny dark moment was when the guy from the shop was killed by Mr. C. (Well there were several). I thought it was funny that in between all of the murder and mayhem, there were descriptions on the sweet potatoes. It was like this was just a regular ol' day in Sookieverse.

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:34:17 AM PDT
How about in that same scene after the guy was killed and Sookie was talking to Mr. C and she nonchalantly steps over the body. I thought that was great but dark. Definitely argues in favor of Sookie acting more like a vamp.

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:34:25 AM PDT
YogiD says:
Oh christ I can't stop..............

I loved the whole conversation between Sookie and The Qu33f, and I loved how Sookie wasn't cowed by that B. Sookie actually started losing her temper.............with a vampire! Slapping my knee and laughing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 6:35:20 AM PDT
J. Collier says:
That was probably my favorite scene, Dandy . . . Sookie's preemptive strike . . . the sweet potatoes . . . Sookie stepping over the body to get Mr. C. a glass of water . . . Diantha's special ability. So good. :D

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:37:43 AM PDT
YogiD says:
Mrs. Soble - Just another day in the life! If these books span approx. 2 years and she's come this far after everything that she's been through? I say hats off to you Ms. Stackhouse!

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:58:03 AM PDT
Karen says:
@Danderson - ITA. Sookie has really dealt with all the upheavals in her life very well. I mean really, what all she's been through in 2 or so years!
One of my favorite understatements :
"Claude Crane,you are just being a A number one a***ole,"
I loved her spouting off to the very powerful fairy with no weapon in hand and Dermot weaponless also.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:31:33 AM PDT
YogiD says:
Oh man! So I'm doing my third pass through DL. I'm at the beginning and the girls are at the strip club. Sookie is having inner dialogue about Bellenos unrestricted diet and "hoping Claude is keeping a close watch o the mixed bag of fae he'd accumulated here at Hooligans". Next paragraph "Meanwhile, Tara was complaining that her hair has lost all it's body during her pregnancy....." LMAO...............Meanwhile! How funny! Such a strange and funny world Sookie has become accustomed to.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 12:05:54 PM PDT
Karen says:
@D -
Still on my 2nd read.
At the meeting at Eric's, before the body found:
All four vampires looked at me as if I'd offered them a bucket of pig guts.

Sookie sure has descriptive thoughts.

At the first interview with police detectives:
Pam gave me a very level look in reply. I could imagine her looking at dead kittens that way.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:38:06 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
I can't find it...didn't pause long enough to highlight it on my kindle...but CH's choice of words causes me to shake my head...piggedly wiggedly? something like that? got to find it.

here's one:
Sookie thinking..."There weren't many granola Weres." hehehe

And then when she's sort of freaking out and Bill's telling her to breathe:
"What are you, Zen Master Fang?"

Sookie was more sarcastic and CH didn't actually have her saying a lot of cuss words...but noted that a few times she had her saying a slew of obscenities.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 12:51:46 PM PDT
Karen says:
@GG -
Don't remember where it was (I have HB) but a Piggly Wiggly is a chain of grocery stores. We used to have one here.
Loved the granola weres.
Zen Master Fang was a good one.
She called two guys, Eric and Claude, a**h**es, and I gotta say it was perfectly deserved.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:59:54 PM PDT
YogiD says:
I noticed Sookie's foul language, which is very unlike her. However, her calling Eric and Claude A holes was perfect! Also, when Sookie finds out Claude is a bad guy and Sookie hopes Dermot isn't involved. She says something to the effect of "it would hurt her and she would cut off his head.". I actually pictured her standing over Dermots body with a large iron sword in her hand.

I loved that Kennedy made fun of Tara for not having a lap when they were at the Hooligan's.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:06:04 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
@Karen
I know what a Piggly Wiggly is too. I live in GA and grew up in NW Florida where there were a bunch of PW's. But it wasn't referring to that grocery store...it was something like that. made me laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:06:32 PM PDT
Karen says:
@D -
Kennedy was pretty snarky to Tara all night, wasn't she?
I agree Sookie seemed to use more foul language than normal, or else she just couldn't find anything to say that was as descriptive in those circumstances.
She did seem to want to cut off heads, and was grateful that she didn't have a stake at the party.
Maybe she's sick of holding her feelings inside and we're getting the benefit of her thoughts, just too entertaining for me!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:08:48 PM PDT
Karen says:
@GG -
Sorry, didn't know if they were in those states. We have SunDrop and have for years, now we can get them in other states, but when we used to go to FL to the beach we'd always carry some with us.
I'll look for that phrase on my re-read.

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:10:43 PM PDT
YogiD says:
Sookie telling Niall that she's an American was pretty funny. She chides him like a child instead of a 700-900 (I can't remember) fairy prince.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:16:17 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
@Karen
no need to apologize...I wish I could remember what it was...I'll look as I reread too.

Yay FL!!! loved living there...love the beach.

Here's another:
Sookie eavesdropping on Dermot and Bellenos discussing Two and a Half Men.
Because the two brothers are grown and the son isn't. "I think so, " Dermot said. "Don't you think the son is useless?" "The half? Yes. At home, we'd eat him," Bellenos said.
no wonder these "fae" have low numbers....if you keep eating the "half-lings/children", what do you expect?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  May 1, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (1,755)