Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Favorite Love Songs
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 24, 1999
Michael Crawford is my favorite singer, and I love this CD. It has all of my favorite songs on it. Especially the "Power of Love." I have to listen to it about three or four times before i listen to the rest of the CD. I especially like how the base drum is used on the line, "The sound of your heart beating," to simulate the beating of someone's heart in the song, "Power of love." Ya gotta get the CD.
on September 5, 1999
I hve been a fan of Michael Crawford ever since I first heard "Music of the Night". This man has one of the most beautiful voices of any singer I know. I have all of his CD's and listen to them on a daily basis. I truly believe that anyone who can apreciate his music has an apreciation for all. He has a way to open hearts through his music, just like he has opened mine.
on June 23, 2002
What I loved best about this album(and what makes it stand out from other albums of the same genre)is the GENUINE feeling that is heard in Michael's voice. He does not simply SING a lyric, but rather PERFORMS it, as an actor would not simply SPEAK a line but instead BECOMES that character he is playing.
Like all GREAT singers, Crawford has the gift to make you FEEL his emotions, and experience WITH him what he is describing in song. His vocal performance is made all the more powerful by his technical prowess: he has TREMENDOUS control over his voice and can effortlessly soar up and down the musical scale, holding a high note and/or bending it WELL BEYOND the capabilities of most singers nowadays.
I loved his beautifully effective interpretations here of old standards, but what REALLY delighted me was his performance here of "The Music Of The Night". I think THIS version easily outshines the ORIGINAL, for two reasons:1.the musical arrangement HERE is more delicate, so Michael's voice comes across more clearly; 2.Michael paces his voice more slowly and deliberately, allowing the listener to really FEEL the wealth of emotion to be found in that GLORIOUS voice of his!
I would highly recommend this album to any fan of Michael Crawford, and ESPECIALLY to anyone who says that there are NO current theatre actors whose voice offers anything MORE than mere technical skill. To THEM I'd say "Do yourself a FAVOR, check out MICHAEL CRAWFORD!"
on July 19, 1999
I am embarrased to say, but I had never heard of Michael Crawford until I heard this album in a store lately and I had to get some information on his cd, as I had to have it. I can't think of any music that has moved me as much as this one.
on December 8, 2001
I have been a big fan of Michael Crawford's for many years, and have all of his albums. This is one of my favorites. He sings each song with such warmth, tenderness, and emotion. He truly takes people on a journey through all of his songs. I very highly recommend this album and would give it 100 stars if I could. He really puts his whole heart and soul into each and every song that he sings. His voice is truly divine. This is a must have album.
on August 31, 2002
Michael Crawford is a fabulous singer - his voice range is stupendous! How does he hit those sweet top notes and hold them for so long! When you listen to him singing a song, you don't just hear words but he takes you into it with him and you live it! What expression he puts into a song.....what an artist! Why isn't he more widely known in the musical circles?
on November 8, 2004
Michael has been on the top of my list for over a decade. I love his music enough to upgrade all the cassettes I own to CD. This is certainly one of my favourite albums, such a wonderful mix of songs and emotions. He has a way of bringing out a variety of emotions. He reaches down into the core. This album is absolutely wonderful to fall asleep and awaken to. My favorite song from this album? Way too difficult to decide...
on February 24, 2000
By far one of the best. This CD was a gift (I am a big fan of Phantom of the Opera) and it has become one of my favorites along with those of Sara Brightman. "The Story of my Life" has special meaning to me, however, all the songs are wonderful. I have not found a CD to replace this one.
on December 8, 1998
Michael Crawford has the most captivating voice in the world. I have all his CDs, but I like this one the best. He seems to really feel the words he is saying. You have to hear it for yourself to truly understand. I recemond this CD if you want to hear his softer sadder side.
on April 17, 2000
If there was ANY "Best Of"-type compilation album recorded by Michael, this is IT! That's all I gotta say, being a long-time Michael "Phan."