Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2008 10:31:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2008 10:45:37 AM PDT
Comment: I'm a 61-year-old guy who loved the series. It had one of my two favorite lines in all of television: the family is having major disagreements as to whether they're going to attend midnight Mass together. Just as the argument reaches a white hot pitch, the younger daughter pipes up, plaintively: do we HAVE to talk about religion? It's CHRISTMAS!

Question: is all the music there; or, like "Northern Exposure," do we get cheated? I'm sure I'm not the first to say so, but shouldn't companies who put DVDs together be required to let you know, up front, if the music is all there? Luckily, I found out from the reviews of others, on "Exposure," and haven't bought any of the series, for now. I wasn't so lucky with "Wiseguy." Major disappointment when "Nights in White Satin," was deleted from the final episode of the Sonny Steelgrave story line,
In any case, MSCL had one of Julianna Hatfield's most touching songs in it---though I don't remember the title. If that's been deleted, it would be a cannonball hole in the show for me.

Finally---and I know it's irrelevant, here---my other favorite TV line is from another short-lived TV show, on FOX, called "Class of '94 (?, Class-of-Some-Year-Or-Other, anyhow)."
Guy from the big city gets accepted at a well-to-do preppy college. One week-end his girlfriend, a waitress at a diner, I believe) visits him, unexpectedly.
City guy is thrilled, at first; but he ends up taking girlfriend to a college bar. The two are sitting with a group in a booth and, not too far into the discussion, he realizes that she's not keeping up at all. Apparently she realizes it too, gets up and goes over to play the table ten-pin game.
Group of snotty sorority girls at another table note her low-rent attire and her obvious talent for the low-brow table game. One of them gets up, walks over to her and asks, dripping with sarcasm: So, how are things at Vassar?
Girlfriend drops her hands to her sides, turns on her heels to face the snob, and says to her, point blank: Next time, If you wanna insult me, ask me about some place I've heard of.
I'm way too old to know how realistically the show treats of teen/high school angst. But I believe I do recognize a classic line when I hear one. "My So-Called Life" had an enviable number of them>
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 16, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My So-Called Life: Complete Series
My So-Called Life: Complete Series by Bess Armstrong (DVD - 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars (354)