Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on May 9, 2000
As a Londoner, who learnt to appreciate American football at 21, I wanted background reading to enhance my enjoyment. I started by looking into favourite players of mine, so came this book!
I wanted to understand what goes on in players mind before a big game. How they react to the coach barking orders. How they conduct themselves on and off the field. This book helped me to do all these things and more. Favre is not a roboback, he is an individual with flair and creativity, which is why this book is so entertaining.
I seem to be able to climb right on into Brett's head, and into his personal life through the pages in this book, which is enlightening to say the least. We hear about his highs and lows, and he is frank about his addiction to Vicodin, and his relationships with players and coaches alike.
I think this book is for American Football fans only, which explains why this was my first Amazon purchase, (This book isn't in print in the UK) but for a fan of the Packers, or just a Football fan in general, you can do no wrong in buying this, which will no doubt increase your respect for the stress players endure every game.
on October 25, 1999
It contains everything you'd ever want to know about painkillers. He tells the harsh facts about vicodin and other addictive drugs and the troubles he had in breaking the habit. Favre tells of a car wreck that almost ended his playing days. A truly great book for the football fan- or if you're a fan of life.
on March 28, 2004
First I want to say something about the book. It's great!! If your a true fan of the Packers and want to know about one of the teams, and NFLs greatest players, buy this book. It shows you the kind of person Favre is on and off the field. He takes you through the ups and downs of his life and career that have made him the person and player he is today.Now, for the other reviews I read before writing this one. What promted some numbnuts to write about the packers loss to St. Louis in the playoffs in a book review?? They must be a Bears fan! Another one decided to write that Brett and his family were (...) That's intelligent. I know when I go to read a review about a book that interests me, I want to have to wade through the garbage that idiots like that jerk take up space with.For those of you with a brain in your head, trust me, Farve: For The Record is a great read!!
on October 21, 2014
Ok, but dates don't add up, especially talking about his addiction. The book said he became upset when he would not be released from rehab to visit his mother on mothers day. Mothers day in 1996 was May 12, 1996. Brett did not even admit his addiction until May 15, 1996 press conference. He was then shuttled of to rehab after the press conference. The Espy awards were held on February 12, 1996. The book stated he was taking pills then and afterward went back home with 150 pills and finished them and quit a few days before Valentines day which was February 14,1996. He finished 150 pills in less than 2 days? Never checked the other dates in the book but it is obvious these date references make no sense are incorrect for some reason.
on February 9, 1999
What else can you say but excellent. I was very impressed by the book. Brett tells of his life's ups and downs in a down to earth sort of way. I am a fan of Brett's, not only because he is from the South and is an excellent player, because he has lots of fun playing the game. And that's what its all about.
on November 24, 2015
I read this book when I was in middle school to learn more about the off-field charisma and crisis of Brett Favre. Growing up a Dallas Cowboys fan and watching a rivalry with the Packers amongst future hall of famers on both teams, Favre was the most interesting player on field. You could never count him out, and you could see him as a leader of stronger men. As a young person, I remember learning about his addiction with pain-killers and while knowing his troubles outside the superstar spotlight each and every game, crisis and courage made him human. He later held the streak of most consecutive games played and in some of those games, he would have not been cleared to play in today's game.
on December 29, 1997
This book is really very charming. Through the course of it, I felt like Favre was talking to me personally. The tone is very conversational and open. Favre's thoughts and opinions are very honest, especially when he remembers his battle with pain-killers. This book is not just for the Packer fan -- any football fan will enjoy this book a great deal. I recommend this book over any biography because Favre's tone conveys his feelings better than any author ever could.
on November 13, 1997
This book was great. Brett doesn't tip-toe around any the issues he has dealt with in his life. He discusses his Vicodin addiction openly, and what it is like growing up in the NFL. I'm a Detroit Lions fan and I still enjoyed the book very much. I've read Charles Haley's book, and Tim Green's as well. I think I liked Favre's the best.
on October 8, 1997
The new autobiography by Brett Farve "Farve:For the record" is one of the best works for understanding the 1996 Green Bay Packers. Whether it is the challenge of Vidocon--which Brett faced before the season or the Road ro Titletown which was the 1996 season. A must read for Packer fans.
on October 16, 1997
This book is great! It clears up many of the rumors surrounding Brett and his addiction, as well as telling of Brett's fascinating childhood and young adulthood. I am a lifelong Packer fan and this book was a great addition to my collection.