Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fca 35 Tour: An Evening With Peter Frampton
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon November 18, 2012
If you are a fan of Peter Frampton this is absolutely a 5 star release...
if you aren't then it may not convert you or be 5 stars....but this is why I rate it thus.
1) Its a tremendous value... not only is the first set the entire reproduction of the classic (and in this case that word is not hyperbole) Frampton Comes Alive album...but the performance is terrific , Frampton's guitar playing is wonderful and the sound and picture are first rate!
2) you get basically a second set of almost full concert length of more recent and also high quality songs!
3) there is a terrific 20 minute doc on Frampton's classic Black Les Paul ...(I will not spoil the fun story)
so you have hours of fun and great music for a very light $15 on Blu Ray..

The songs are first rate, the playing is superior, the quality of the production is spot on and instead of a truncated hour plus like so many of these we get 3 hours of music and fun... its just a terrific value and 5 stars for me without question.

If you are a fan who didn't see this tour... get this and you will be sad you didn't ...I am !
on November 14, 2012
We went to the Show that Peter performed at the Pabst Theater. The band was great, he was great, and it was wonderful to hear his recently found (after so many years) guitar. This disc captures the spirit of the Show completely. Frampton is a great guitarist, and a wonderful guy. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
on November 14, 2012
At Frampton's Paramount Theater show , this past March , my wife and I were both amazed & inspired ! It is simply one of the best concerts we have attended !!! The DVDs are incredible sounding , and visually sharp - a wonderful reminder of why we loved the show !!!
on June 16, 2013
I bought the DVD edition but couldn't resist and ordered my Blu-Ray version. The mixing is much better, sounding clear and loud like all my Top Ten concert discs. Peter has a wonderful charisma, smiling all the time; you can see the guy and his band are enjoying every minute of the concert. For Peter Frampton's fans and guitar lovers it is a must. Buy it, now!
on December 9, 2012
In short and I have watched both......Peter Frampton's FCA 35 Tour DVD blows Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day DVD out of the water!!!
on July 18, 2015
I have had the pleasure to have seen Peter Frampton 5 times dating back to the late 1970's. It is hard to imagine, but his guitar playing is getting better. This is a great showcase of his fantastic Frampton Comes Alive album. It is cool that he has his bass player from that album in the band. His band is tight and really gives the tunes an updated sound. The cool thing is that Peter is having a blast playing these songs. The second half of the show features other Peter Frampton songs and a few cool covers as well, most notably While My Guitar gently Weeps.

I've never been a huge fan of the bonus interviews and things of that nature on DVD's, however this one has a must see. You have to see the piece on how Peter got his black Les Paul custom back after thinking it has been destroyed for over 30 years.
on November 22, 2012
I was at the NYC Beacon Theatre show... It was-- in a word-- fantastic ! I was in High School when FCA came out, so hearing songs from that album triggers many fond memories for me.
Frampton is given MAJOR props for being a stellar guitarist, and sometimes I think the great songs he has released (the Hits) overshadow his guitar talent.
Listening to what is played on the radio does NOT do this man JUSTICE.... Seeing him LIVE, will blow you away....
He was WAY more than what I expected ... It was a GREAT show and I think this DVD will really reveal the fact that he is undoubtedly one of the most highly under rated guitarists of our time.
If you have been deciding on whether to purchase this DVD, take a leap of faith, I do not think that Peter will disappoint.
I'm looking forward to seeing the show again !!
on January 31, 2013
My wife has been a Peter Frampton fan since day one. This was bought as a Christmas gift to her to celebrate the 35(!) years since the FCA album and it does not disappoint. As hard rockers from the 70's, this will prove to be a valuable asset to any true rock enthusiast. Peter Frampton is one of the timeless classic performers who never gets older, just better with time. I have seen him live through out the United States on numerous occasions and even though it's mostly the same songs we grew up with, his live performances never get old. Add some of his new material (Thank You, Mr. Churchill, which is not on here), and it's always the best sound from one of rock's greatest. Needless to say, my wife loves this DVD/BD. You will NOT be disappointed.
on November 20, 2012
My how time flys! Seems like yesterday I was watching a much younger Peter Frampton doing his live show at the "Day on the Green" concert held at the Oakland Coliseum back in 1976. About the only thing that has changed is the length of his hair. His guitar playing has only improved over the years.

The first part of this concert is a complete run-through of his historic "Frampton Comes Alive" album that in essence captapulted Peter into instant super-stardom back in 1976. Many memorable tunes here all done with an energy and love that shows Peter still enjoys playing this stuff. His self-deprecating sense of humor(lack of hair, etc.) shows his personable side and keeps you entertained. The band is solid and the keyboardist really cranks it up a notch on "Do You Feel Like I Do".

The second half of the show is, I assume, Peter's more recent works. To put it bluntly, Peter smokes like I've never seen him play before. This guy hasn't missed a beat in all these years and his chops are smokin hot. Lots of extended guitar solos and the band does a great job keepin up with Mr. Frampton. He even has his son Julian come out and sing a couple........VERY touching and he's actually quite the talent himself. It's obvious that Peter is a VERY proud papa.

As far as the video and sound quality goes..... it's top notch, first rate. The audio is especially well mixed, clean and full sounding and nothing seems to overpower or seems missing in this high-def blu-ray mix. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon May 16, 2014
I wasn't actually a huge Frampton fan back in his heyday, but I've rediscovered him in recent years and come to really appreciate him. In this DVD, he looks like a balding and hunched old man, but his guitar playing is still full of chops, creativity, and soul, and his singing is quite good too. This is in the context of good songs from start to finish, and a backing band which is tight and solid. Another nice aspect is that, being an established senior musician, Frampton doesn't take himself too seriously and jokes around quite a bit.

I've enjoyed this DVD and can recommend it, without reservations, to fans of Frampton, guitar, and/or classic rock.