Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fear Agent, Vol. 2: My War
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 28, 2015
One of the best comics/graphic novels of all time, for me. Retro-futuristic at it's best. Of course, you can't go wrong with using a rogue-like, morally ambiguous, slightly misogynistic protagonist (like Han Solo basically), but the entire comic doesn't take itself seriously and neither should the reader.

Art work is beautiful, especially in the larger format books. Really lets the art breathe.

A must read for any comic book fan.
on May 11, 2016
Rick Remender really started something here. While the reader can figure it out long before the end of the story, the journey is not necessarily predictable and it is completely enjoyable. While the end of predictable, what happens along the way is not. So glad the time was taken to write these volumes, I can see so much of Fear Agent in other graphic Sci-Fi and Fantasy publications out now. I enjoyed every volume. Because of the ending there were no loose strings or plot lines left unexplained. The art work really set a standard for this type of graphic novel storytelling as well. Like the bar that says you must be this tall to ride, the artwork of other graphic stories must meet the Fear Agent level. I say this because the artwork truly adds so much to the storyline.
on April 5, 2016
I really liked the first volume of this series and this continuation is very well done.
The story is easy to follow, even though it has a lot of parts to it so far and has a ton of action and humor in it. The artwork is perfect for the story and matches the tone throughout. The story itself is fun and action packed while having serious moments and sad ones. The description on the page is accurate and giving away any more would spoil it. But I would definitely recommend this series to a friend or a well read pug.
on August 31, 2012
This series of books mixes good old fashioned Flash Gordon sci-fi fun, with hard-knosed, good old fashioned pulp-noir characterization, and you get what a modern EC style sci-fi adventure comic series might have been like. And the artist was one of the creators of the hugely popular Walking Dead comic which is now a hugely popular TV show on AMC. Fear Agent is better! It's got the same great artist and a much better writer. I love this series of books! Great Fun!
on July 26, 2016
I really enjoy hard back comics and this does not disappoint. All of the extra art work is awesome. For all of the hero movies being made I think this series could be one of the best film adaptations.
on October 12, 2014
Great conclusion to the series. Rick Remender keeps you guessing till the end. Bravo Rick for righting a superb rollorcoaster of action adventure, mystery, sci fi, humor, and drama. I litterally cried my eyes out in the last few pages of this book.
on February 26, 2016
Shipping was incredibly fast, though the packaging was lack luster. The book wasn't secure, leaving for a lot of freedom and bumps and nicks upon arrival. Not the kind of condition you are expecting for a brand new, deluxe hardcover. -1 star.

Into the content! Everything is perfect for the actual book - a sewn binding, thick absolute sized pages, great content, plenty of special features. 5/5 stars here.
on May 4, 2014
Remender is a great writer and this collection validates his climbing importance in the comic industry. He isn't afraid to write some hard-hitting old school sci-fi. He does a great job writing the anti-hero and pulling the entire series together. Awesome overarching plot lines and character deconstruction. You should read volume 1 before you pick up this one though, or you will be lost.
on February 2, 2015
Originally, I thought Rick could not out-do his work on Uncanny X-Force. I bought this since his twitter feed was blowing up about it. After reading it for maybe 5 minutes, I found myself hooked. Those 5 minutes then became 5 hours (not kidding) and I was less than half way through it. This is a HUGE book. (larger than my Hellboy Library collection). I love everything about it. This is the BEST quality book I own in my collection. The paper is not cheap, and is thick. The art on it is clear, vivid, and beautiful. Unfortunately, my books came a little dinged up due to shipping, but still all is well.

Overall, I have only read half way through the first volume, but I am hooked.
on August 25, 2014
Great story from Remender but this is a review of the book itself. Its nice and oversized with heavy paper stock and sewed binding. I'm my opinion its nicer then most of the DC Absolutes I own. It contains the seconds half of the Fear Agent saga as well as some Tales of the Fear Agent stories. It also has some pinups and sketches from the artist. Not sure how they are covering the cost of the book with a list price of only $50.