Fearless Planet 1 Season 2007
Amazon Instant Video
1. Grand Canyon The life story of the Grand Canyon, from the moment of its birth, through a painstaking period of growth over several billion years, through to the dramatic events that gouged this massive and breathtaking scar into the earth.
2. Earth Story 4.56 billion years ago, a planet the size of Mars collided with our Earth. It set off a chain of events that would transform the Earth from a lifeless wasteland into the fertile, blue planet we know today. This is that story.
3. Great Barrier Reef The Great Barrier Reef abounds with life. But it is under attack from above and below the water. A team of marine biologists and geologists investigate the clues of how the reef was born, what makes it thrive and how it may disappear within our lifetime.
4. Sahara Desert A network of dry river beds lies beneath the Sahara Desert; one that science has only recently discovered. A team of geologists, sand boarders and adventurers cross the desert to look for clues on how a lush savanna became one of earth's driest places.
5. Hawaii The story of Hawaii, perched on the edge of a tectonic plate, is precarious and violent. Hawaii's big island is the youngest in the island chain, but bubbling deep in the earth under it is a new island, destined to emerge in a mere 10,000 years.
6. Alaska Alaska is a vast, frozen wilderness that for 125 million years has played silent witness to the greatest lightshow on earth. Her secrets are about to be revealed to those who dare to look.
really, the narrator blows this for me. He just doesn't have the right voice to keep me listening. You can tell he's reading and trying really hard. Possibly too hard. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Ticksick
Enjoyed this presentation which gives a clear explanation of the development of the Hawaiian Islands. Graphics and illustrations are excellent!Published 11 months ago by Yvonne
I watched 3 or 4 of these episodes and they all share a pretty significant chunk of content. I love the topic though, so even the old school kinda cheezy animation/dramatizations... Read morePublished 11 months ago by nyczombie
So you're trying to tell me that the rock climber HAS to do this climb without ropes and that any slip means certain death? Read morePublished 13 months ago by Tbc