5.0 out of 5 stars To try or not to try?
First let me say that if you were like me, you are eager but afraid to try these blades out. I am not going to get into whether or not these are the sharpest blades around that is sort of a given, nobody seems to contest that, the good and bad reviews alike.

Published on January 31, 2012 by Gerald

2.0 out of 5 stars Just don't work for me
Published on January 25, 2011 by D. Jefferys

5.0 out of 5 stars To try or not to try?, January 31, 2012
Gerald (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)

I would like to begin reviewing this item by saying, "if you are sampling blades to find the one that gives the most comfortable shave, I do believe you need to try these." I would wait however (if you are new to DE shaving) until you have practiced with a few others first (where you rarely nick yourself). You really should have your technique down for ANY of the really sharp blades. I have read many of the reviews on these blades both positive and negative, the negatives made me hesitate for a bit before trying them, it was actually the overwhelming number of positive reviews that finally got me to make the attempt.

I have to say there is a reason for the number of reviews on these blades. They are amazing!!! I have never had a smoother shave, not just in how it cuts but how the blade glides over the skin. If it wasn't for the fact that I could hear the blade cutting hair I couldn't tell that blade was actually shaving (in some areas). I believe that I have pretty good shaving technique and I have yet to suffer a nick with this blade (knock on wood). Even the slight mole on my neck, which I have resigned to just get nicked when I shave has come through unscathed. My face feels great, minimal to no burn (I will admit the minimal burn is from where I have shaved against the grain on my neck which I don't even dare to do with other blades. This is now my go to blade. My search for my best blade has ended here. Of course everyone's best blade may be different I do believe this is a blade to try.

I also feel it is necessary to say that many of the negative reviews address different issues, that may or may not apply to every user.

1. Price. While in relation to other DE blades feathers are indeed costlier, in relation to Cartridges, they are incredibly inexpensive. I just saw a pack of 8 fusion cartridges at a popular discount retail chain for about $28. My feeling on this is just a matter of priority. If you are looking for the best shave possible, this may be the blade for you. Keep in mind, some of the reviewers who discuss the price of the blade will often brag how they can get another brand blade to last 3 weeks or more. I think that speaks for itself, I have never had any blade that was good for more than a week, and pushing it at that.

2. Butchering the face while shaving. Like I mentioned earlier in the review, you really need to have your DE shaving technique down for any really sharp blades. To much pressure or a bad angle and I can see these blades doing some damage. On the other hand I find really sharp blades to be very forgiving, because they require no pressure, they will cut the hair, all you must do is guide. Also remember that different razors may have different cutting angles, guards/combs etc, and trying a new razor with a new blade may mean relearning your shaving angles. Shave preparation is also very important in getting a clean, close comfortable shave so please keep that in mind as well. It is also possible (as with any brand) that you have just gotten a bad blade. So if you find the shave unbearable try again later with a new blade and see if it is the same.

Here is a list of what I am using at the time of this review.

1. The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, for All Skin Types, 2 fl oz (60 ml) (I find this oil to be a bit thick, and am currently just using it up)
2. Edwin Jagger Natural Hydrating Pre-shave Lotion
3. Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon - Lime Shaving Cream Jar, 5.3-Ounce
4. Edwin Jagger De89bl Double Edge Safety Razor Chrome Plated
5. Bloc Osma Natural Alum Block
6. Edwin Jagger 99.9% Natural Moisturising Aftershave Lotion - Sea Buckthorn, 3.4-Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Get these blades!!!, March 16, 2010
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
I was a little skeptical about the Feather blades at first. I've heard how good they are and how sharp they are. I thought it was more myth than fact. Was I wrong. These are the most fantastic blades I've tried to date. They are MUCH more sharp than any other brand. And that's good because like a dull knife can be dangerous in the kitchen; a dull DE razor can be deadly to your face. These blades just glide across the skin and whack off anything in it's way easily. The first time I used them I had the best shave of my life. No nicks or cuts. I splashed a little alcohol on the face to gauge how bad the razor burn was, and to my amazement, I felt nothing. I got a baby's bottom smooth shave with NO cuts or abrasions. Amazing. I will never use any other brand of blades except Feather from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE HATTORI HANZOs OF SHAVING, January 11, 2012
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
Shaving with a traditional Double Edge safety razor is an art neglected by most. There is something atavistic in putting raw blade to your face every morning. And when it comes to making blades, the Japanese are still unsurpassed.

Shopping around you will probably hear that these Platinum coated FEATHER blades are extremely sharp. Yes they are. They are the sharpest. By far. And that is a very good thing.
When shaving with a Double Edge Razor one is supposed to let the weight of the razor do most of the work. Thus, the sharpest the blade the less pressure it will take to achieve that close shave - and the less chance of getting nicked.

It depends on one's bristles but I do not feel the need to change the blade more often than every second week or so. This is a single package of 10 blades. I bought the 3-pack. Thus, these 30 blades will probably last me well over 6 months. Now, compare that to the cost of shaving with those flashy and overhyped Gillettes.

It does have an adjustment curve (especially when one comes from those supermarket multi-bladed contraptions) and it will require both a good shaving soap such as the Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna and a top Double Blade safety razor such as the Feather; however, the end result is well worth it. And in no time you will be shaving as fast as before only deeper and more satisfying.

Treat yourself to the best.

WITH MY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATIONS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect blades, April 11, 2010
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
If you use a shaving system that requires double edge blades, the Feather blades are exactly what you need. They stay sharp for extended periods of time (I replace based on the feel of the blade rather than number of shaves or time in use). Always a close shave!

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite, July 20, 2010
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
These are my favorite blades. Be sure to shop around for the best price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply incredible, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
I bought these blades after hearing nothing but glowing reviews on them. I figured, what the heck, might as well see what all the hype is about. I literally just got done with my first shave using these blades and WOW! I previously used Derby DE blades, but this will now be my one and only blade that I use. The difference is beyond description. These blades are seriously, almost scary, sharp. When I began shaving, I couldn't even feel it cutting my stubble, it just glided through it. I'm usually a three pass kind of guy. Just to make sure I get all the angles and everything. After my second pass with these, there was no reason for a third. My face is baby's butt smooth.

To sum these up, all I can say is, you owe it to yourself to at least try them. I promise you will not be disappointed and will be buying more. Simply incredible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blades -- sharp and effortless..., November 5, 2011
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
Highly regarded and recommended elsewhere for good reason...! Until trying these, Derbys were my favorite blades. My experience with Merkur and Personna has been hit or miss. Dorcos have been mostly miss. I have relatively coarse hair, and sensitive skin, so shaving has always been a bit of an uphill battle for me, everything that improves the process is a great boon, which brings us back to the Feather blades. The first really big improvement to my shave was moving to a double-edged wet shave process. The next biggest step has probably been these blades. They're as sharp as everyone says they are, and they make for a truly effortless shave. I typically do two passes, one with a cream and one with a gel... But there are plenty of lazy days out there where that doesn't happen, and I'm getting a much better shave in a single pass than I did with Derbys. I'm also experiencing a cleaner shave with less irritation, and the QC has been excellent so far, with every blade as good as the one before. Cannot recommend enough...!

5.0 out of 5 stars great blades, October 21, 2009
Thor (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
I picked some of these up along with a cheap double edge razor from Feather, and find I get a much closer shave with lesser irritation than with any of the Mach 3's or Fusions of the world. Those products seem to promote a rushed and careless shave, while this seems to harken back to the day where a man took a little more time to do things right.

Before you shave, take a hot shower, use a pre-shave like Sharps Barber and Shop Kid Glove Oil-Free Pre-Shave Stick and a substantive shave cream like the one made by Aveda. You'll like the result.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just don't work for me, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
Since switching to the world of safety razor shaving, I've been testing various products to see what works best for me. One thing I've learned is that everyone is different, and products that work for one person might not be at all good for another. I'm stuck with a tough beard and tender skin, and I've learned that the really sharp blades, like these Feathers, cut me up like crazy. These are definitely well made and as sharp as a surgeon's scalpel. But super sharp blades are not necessarily the best for some folks, and I'm one of them. I had to stop using them after only a few shaves. Other blades are not as sharp as these, yet still shave well without cutting my face. Your experience may be totally different; certainly the Feathers are a favorite among other users. But razor blades are very personal and you just have to try a number of brands to find what works best for your face. I've had good luck with the Korean Dorcos, the Russian Gillettes, and the French Bics. Unfortunately, these were definitely not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blade, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct (Health and Beauty)
I have tried the variety pack of DE blades and have found Feather and BIC to be very sharp blades. I can use the Feather for at least five shaves. My only problem is that it took a month to get it from some Asian country. So if you order get the 30 or better count.

Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct
$8.75
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies