Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zad Women's Feather & Mesh Fascinator Hair Clip Cocktail Party Hat
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2014
review image
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
First - this is NOT mounted on a clip. Its a comb. Probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was on a comb. The teeth of my comb were pointing towards the point of the hat, which is the front. So when you put in in your hair it going AGAINST the grain of your hair. Not a huge deal if you are wearing your hair down. HOWEVER if you plan on wearing your hair up with piece, you get one shot at putting it in. When you pull it out - since its against the grain - you are going to mess up your hair. I highly recommend snipping the two stitches on the comb and breaking the comb's hot glue bond and gluing it back on with the teeth of comb pointing to the rounded back of the piece. You will want to glue the comb closer to the point (but still within the hat so it doesn't show) and with the teeth slightly elevated. This way you can place and replace the piece without wrecking your hair. Other than that annoyance, it pretty much looks exactly like the picture and arrive fast with PRIME shipping.
on June 24, 2011
I recently had to attend the wedding of my sister in law in France, and as is the custom in Europe hats are a must! Being American myself I was a bit hesitant of the type of hats European weddings encourage(especially after the photos from the recent nuptials of the royal couple, yikes.). I also felt that hats were for a more "mature" crowd, so I had planned to nix tradition and attend as a "plus one minus hat". That was until my in laws enquired about "le chapeau pour le mariage" and were aghast by my revelation of attending sans chapeau. Normally I would have stuck to my guns on my decision but when someone added "Les américains,pas en la mode" I now had my country's reputation to defend!! Americans don't have style?!! I'll show them! And I did, with this little number! I wowed the crowd with it! It really was perfect (although I did use bobby pins to tame the feathers down a bit)and it stayed on for the whole ceremony wiyhout concern. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to make a sophisticated splash or to add a crowning touch to your LBD. I think the one of the best parts about this accesory was when I was questioned over and over about how I said I wasn't going to wear a hat I was able to answer honestly that I didn't..."C'est une fascinator". Ooh la la!
on September 14, 2013
On the plus side, this "hat"/fasinator IS adorable. As a girlie girl who adores glam and feathers, I do wear it out. BUT...
1) I'd prefer if the Amazon ad featured a model: I can see it being a little confusing whether intended to wear forward, backward, or cocked to one side. Creative license, right? Technically, the front is the point so the net covers one or both eyes. Other posters have commented that the clip (actually a comb) is backwards, but unless you are sporting an updo this really does give better grip. A bobbypin or two helps as well.
2) At least on mine, the feathers lie flat. This leads to a more understated vs look-at-me styling. Perfect for a mature woman, religious event, or classic retro look. In an abstract view, it kinda looks like a big hairy spider chasing bugs on the netting :p
3) I love that it's shipped so fast (Isn't Amazon AH-MAZING?!) but if it could be cost-effectively packed in tissue not in a plastic bag it wouldn't arrive looking a little squished. Easily remedied with a blowdryer though.
4) The fuzzy spots on the netting are rather large. Pinky nail sized? Nitpicking here, but I'd have liked a little bit smaller and the netting just a smidge longer.
Overall, I think it is a fun, yet chic statement piece at a very affordable price!
on March 12, 2013
This fascinator was very pretty. Can be both formal or funeral. Just make sure you have a day or so to readjust the netting before wearing it as it comes folded and won't sit how you want it.
on March 11, 2013
This works great if you use the hairdryer and warm it up and adjust the veil. The comb is attached in a way that I wouldn't expect, but it doesn't really matter. You just push it into your hair the way the comb is. I do like it, it is perfect for my 1040's Birthday party!!
on September 19, 2015
Attended the "Opening Day" at the Del Mar race track. It's near impossible to find department stores with a good selection of hats....this one did not look cheap as I I thought it might. Very classy and adorable and comfortable too.
on February 27, 2015
This was an awesome cocktail hat, I admit, i did remove the lace, because I was creating another hat and thought the lace would look better on that, but in the end, my best friend, nor I used the mesh lace at all, and it still was cute. Also the hat is really RED, I was skeptical before I purchased, because it looked a tab bit orange...
review image review image
on February 2, 2015
It's super cute, worked perfectly.
on May 22, 2013
Really cute headpiece. I bought it for a dance performance and had to bobby pin it in to make sure it stayed, but other than that, it looked great and has lasted through a lot of dancing.