Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now HTL

on November 22, 2010
I purchased this 0-degree sleeping bag last week and received it yesterday. Shipping was pretty fast. I was skeptical on it's ability to keep you warm down to 10-15 degrees but I am going on a 5 day hiking/camping trip up in the Adirondacks in the beginning of January. What I was looking for was a warm sleeping bag that i could use in the dead of winter in upstate New York. If you are from around here, you know how cold it can get upstate. Yesterday I spent about an hour on my back porch in nothing but boxers and my sleeping bag. I had a mat underneath me, but that was it. it dropped to about 35 degrees F after the sun went down. I was toasty warm without even moving around. The only problem was that my feet got cold. Later that night i spent another hour outside at around 35 degrees again. This time i wore woolen socks, jeans, and a long sleeve shirt. I was more than warm enough. TOASTY INSIDE after the first 2-3 minutes. I am warm blooded so it doesn't take much for me to stay comfortable. I am 5'11", Male, & 175lbs. Of course I will use warmer clothes when I actually go camping, so I am not worried about drops down to even as low as 15 degrees. i don't plan on being outside when it gets down to 0 degrees (the company suggests SURVIVAL at their temperature rating, NOT COMFORT). I feel that it will more than suffice.

The best part about this bag other than it's insulating properties is it's size. It is synthetic, but only contains 1.7lbs fill which is incredibly light. It comes with a stuff sack that compresses it to about 14"x9". This is perfect for hanging off the bottom of your hiking pack, as I will, or if you have the extra space just to throw it in your pack altogether.
I would recommend this to anyone who is in need of a cheap, safe, and very warm sleeping bag for HIKING/CAMPING. For car camping Id recommend something a little bigger for the temperature since the size wont matter if you're not hiking, but this more than meets my demands.
on August 5, 2010
I used this bag for a 3 day trip in the Adirondacks. I cannot attest to the warmth in sub-freezing temperatures, because it was 50 out, and i was sleeping mostly on top of the bag, barely covered. However, the weight is what really got me. This was a very light bag, considering it is rated for 0 degrees. The other reviewer complained about the weight; but paid more than 2X as much for a bag rated for 40 to replace this one; user error, don't blame the bag. This bag comes with a heavy-duty stuff-sack with a lot of compression straps. I could fit it, along with all my cookware into the the backpack pocket on my pack.

The biggest problem I found with this pack is that some of the stitching seems... poor. It has a nice warming strip for your neck (when camping in very low temps, you tighten it, to keep your body head from escaping) and well, it didnt rip, or come undone or anything... It just looks kinda loose, and light it might come undone after a year of use.

However, for 50 dollars, the weight and warmth of this bag cannot be matched!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2011
I have owned this bag for over a year now and have used it several times... I believe the real problem here is in the advertizing. I find the bag to be about a 30 degree bag where comfort is concerned. It packs fairly small and isn't real heavy to carry. Remember, your not paying much here but "0 Degree" should not be in the title anywhere. If you are a minimalist, it works but who wants to sleep cold. If you are a summer camper, it will work great. The bag is of fair quailty and has good features. Use an insulating type matt under it performs ok. The company does state that the survivability rating is 0 degrees but by no means is that (important statement) in the "attention getting" title. My suggestion to Ledge, do a better job of advertizing. You have a good product, but represent it correctly.

I have used this bag for several years now and totally love it for an summer time bag. Great quality as you would expect from Ledge, just stay within the parameters of the intended use.
on July 5, 2011
Bullet points:

1. Great price, I paid less than $40 at Sportco in Fife, WA.
2. Comfortable and non constrictive. (I'm 5' 8" 155lbs).
3. Appears to be of decent quality.
4. Packs without issue into compression sack (included).
4. Would not recommend using in conditions under 20*.
5. Would not consider to be "Ultra Light", it weighs 3.8lbs.
6. It is small, but not "Ultra Compact", compressed size is about 12" long and 6" wide.

Great for those on a budget, but still want a bag for most conditions.

Just finished using this bag for 10 months straight. Slept in it every night under various conditions. It's still holding up with no problems or signs of deterioration. I was quite pleased of the performance of this bag. I was always warm and cozy. It was quite roomy, although I am not a very big guy. I do not like sleeping on my back and this bag is big enough for me to sleep on my side. I like the material, it doesn't fell like plastic and it breathes quite well. I do recommend using a good sleeping pad though, without it I could feel everything underneath me.

I enjoyed sleeping in this bag, but I am quite relieved to be sleeping in an actual bed.
on November 17, 2010
My husband went hiking last weekend. It got down to 30 degrees and he thought that his feet would freeze off. He had on 2 pairs of hiking socks but still was cold. This sleeping bag claims to be +0 but I don't think so !
on January 4, 2011
These worked well for the two boys using them. They were comfortable during fall camping and chilly night time temperatures of about 30 degrees.
on October 12, 2011
This sleeping bag is great for the price. It compresses down very well and is light weight. It is more of a +20 rating though.
on October 19, 2011
I bought this bag specifically for backpacking. It is about half the weight of the bag I take car camping so it was a vast improvement. It kept me plenty warm during the nights of high 40's and low 50's. I only wore shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in and was actually a little too warm. So, I cannot attest to it's 0 rating. I don't really want to camp in 0 degree weather. It rolls up tight and the compression bag works very well. Really my only complaints are that it seems a little snug in the shoulders and the zipper is only on the outside and is a locking zipper. I realized that I am a little bit claustrophobic after I zipped myself in and pulled the drawstrings tight on the neck and hood. It is impossible to unzip from the inside.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
Dare I say it without offending you, but I got into one of these for $40 and I couldn't possibly be happier! The bag is super lightweight, super small, and super soft. I was worried about there not being enough stuffing, but after many sub-zero nights in my boxers I can vouch for this bag hands down. I haven't even used the bungees for the mummification yet. Basically, it's been 0degC and I've been in my trunks with the zipper open at the top. I think this bag could take me down to about -10 comfortably.

Not for you if you are a concrete camper though, as it doesn't add comfort to a rough surface and is not roomy. It is snug and light on the stuffing.
on August 23, 2012
IT's true its a very light bag. That also means it will not work to as low as it says. I slept in 8 degree weather in the middle of winter in Nevada and Utah. I froze my butt off. I also have slept in 40 farenheit and my feet got cold without socks. It just doesn't compare to other bags, In no way is it a 0 degree bag. Take a look at a zero degree bag from Marmot and yo will see the difference. The price is cheap though, I would save your money if you actually need a zero degree bag however.