5.0 out of 5 stars Up-to-date and highly useful, February 6, 2009
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
Rarely do these monster distro tomes separate themselves from the pack. Much of their content tends to be a feature dump. However, this Fedora 10 title is different because it anticipates virtually everything that is coming in Fedora 11. Specific distro numbers do not always translate to the book's utility since Linux knowledge carries over and forward. But this is one book to have in your library. Newbies can load up on getting to know their way around, while the pros can beef up their command line and networking skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect First Book, April 8, 2009
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
We are developing a software product that runs on teh LAMP stack. I needed to get a Linux machine up and running quickly; it needed to be both a client and a server. Linux was new to me, so I needed both a distribution and a "Getting Started" Guide. This book was exactly what I needed.

I used the DVD to create a Linux partition on a 5 year old Windows XP desktop. Before I started, I was able to test my machine's compatibility with the Linux Live CD that came with the book, as well. Everything installed wonderfully. Even the audio worked "out of the box," a known Fedora 10 "issue".

The book had the material I needed to get started both with GNOME and Linux as a server. Be aware, Fedora and Linux are not for people who aren't comfortable with command lines, inconsistent interfaces and experimenting a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, January 4, 2012
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
This book was required for my Linux class, and it serve me well, I was able to learn how this OS works and all of its features, how to use them. I kept this book with me, because it helps me whenever I have to work with Linux, it teaches me how to do programming, and how to use this as I would use a regular OS such as Windows, or Mac.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
I was surprised to find out that I could save thousands in cost for books. I am very excited about this product as it was exactly what I needed. I will continue to shop Amazon and purchasing quality products like this. It was complete with CD in book and all pages where like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 18, 2010
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
This book has most if not all the information that you need in a great, readable format. Would recommend to anyone interested in Fedora Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlike most Linux books- this one is useful, July 13, 2009
This review is from: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible (Paperback)
Most Linux books I've seen are really just regurgitations of man pages or stuff ripped off the web. These books have been around a while, are pretty up to date and actually contain useful examples. I use this as the text for a Linux based class I teach and have had the best luck with it of the four or five other books I've tried.

Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible
Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible by Chris Negus (Paperback - January 27, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.93