Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 6, 2009
Rarely do these monster distro tomes separate themselves from the pack. Much of their content tends to be a feature dump. However, this Fedora 10 title is different because it anticipates virtually everything that is coming in Fedora 11. Specific distro numbers do not always translate to the book's utility since Linux knowledge carries over and forward. But this is one book to have in your library. Newbies can load up on getting to know their way around, while the pros can beef up their command line and networking skills.
on November 27, 2010
I was surprised to find out that I could save thousands in cost for books. I am very excited about this product as it was exactly what I needed. I will continue to shop Amazon and purchasing quality products like this. It was complete with CD in book and all pages where like new.
on April 8, 2009
We are developing a software product that runs on teh LAMP stack. I needed to get a Linux machine up and running quickly; it needed to be both a client and a server. Linux was new to me, so I needed both a distribution and a "Getting Started" Guide. This book was exactly what I needed.

I used the DVD to create a Linux partition on a 5 year old Windows XP desktop. Before I started, I was able to test my machine's compatibility with the Linux Live CD that came with the book, as well. Everything installed wonderfully. Even the audio worked "out of the box," a known Fedora 10 "issue".

The book had the material I needed to get started both with GNOME and Linux as a server. Be aware, Fedora and Linux are not for people who aren't comfortable with command lines, inconsistent interfaces and experimenting a bit.
on November 18, 2010
This book has most if not all the information that you need in a great, readable format. Would recommend to anyone interested in Fedora Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
on July 13, 2009
Most Linux books I've seen are really just regurgitations of man pages or stuff ripped off the web. These books have been around a while, are pretty up to date and actually contain useful examples. I use this as the text for a Linux based class I teach and have had the best luck with it of the four or five other books I've tried.
on January 4, 2012
This book was required for my Linux class, and it serve me well, I was able to learn how this OS works and all of its features, how to use them. I kept this book with me, because it helps me whenever I have to work with Linux, it teaches me how to do programming, and how to use this as I would use a regular OS such as Windows, or Mac.