1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Fedora Linux Servers with Systemd (Paperback)
Getting help with each version of Fedora is very difficult. The OS changes dramatically with every release and since Version 14 has been very difficult to use. This book brings some order to the chaos. It's not the first book by the author, and his writing has evolved considerably along the way. I was able to get each of the servers up and running quickly. The web is not much help with Fedora because there are so many versions out there. One search will bring you great help for Fedora 12, but it's useless for Fedora 20. I'm giving it 4 stars because of the price. If you want to speed up your network with a local caching DNS server, a Squid Proxy Server, and protect your network with a firewall, this book will get you there. I got all of these running and more in one evening with this book. It would be nice if there was a companion book for web based applications on Fedora. I use Mate as my desktop and had no issues. I caught a few typos but they were inconsequential.

Fedora Linux Servers with Systemd
Fedora Linux Servers with Systemd by Richard Leland Petersen (Paperback - May 6, 2014)
$42.00 $32.06