5.0 out of 5 stars Kris's Feeling Mortal
Published 22 months ago by Charlene Leverette

3.0 out of 5 stars Kris still has it.
Still singing well if not quite to his early days. A nice addition to the combination of raw emotion and easy listening which is synonomous with his music.
Published 20 months ago by Susanna Sierra-morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Kris's Feeling Mortal, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
This could well be Kris's last album, but I pray not. His feeling mortal and the loss of my husband of forty-six years have me feeling very mortal too. He has always been so great in song-writing, singing, acting, etc. If you are a fan of Kris's, you must get this most recent CD. To those silly, immature people who try to compare/contrast him to such beginners as Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood will never know the true beauty of music!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hour with the K-Man., January 30, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
More of a group record than Kristofferson' s previous two albums, & all the more better for it, given the music a lot more depth & colour.
Subject matter is similar to the other Don Was albums, dealing with his impending demise,the death of his blind mother (!),& what lessons he's leant throughout his life, you know the score. But with Kristofferson's world weary voice, the subjects he sings about take on a much more personnel & intimate feel.
It's also nice that Kristofferson doesn't sing songs complaining how rubbish the modern world is (like some of his contemporises).
I think this also an album that would not have been improved by being produced by Rick Rubin, which cannot be said about the previous two records.
Ten Tracks & a running time of thirty minutes works very well, never outstaying its welcome.
So if this is Kris's swan song, it's good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than genre....like the wind or a first kiss!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
I could write all day long comparing and contrasting Kris' efforts from albums like Spooky Ladies Sideshow, Moment of Forever, Easter Island, Feeling Mortal, but I'd be wasting, as Kris would probably say, "precious holy time." What I will say is "Feeling Mortal" is a work of art, something to crank up loud by a dark river by yourself or in a lonesome room with the last splinters of daylight criss-crossing the floor through the windows. I've seen Kris in concert several times since 1993 and I own all of his albums, and no live show or album is anything short of amazing and holy, in a raw, shake your head without eye contact, unholy manner. Kris is in a very small category of voices that should never be critiqued. He's like the wind or the haunting lonely sound of a campfire. God blessed us all with his words and songs. Take this album and create a scene. Make your own memories. Sail on the sea and silently scream at the waves with Kris.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gonzales, January 24, 2013
arthur gonzales (Three Rivers, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (MP3 Music)
Great music of course i'm long time Kristofferson fan. He continues to put out great music. I like the simplicity of music continue to show why he is a great songwriter. His music is so meaningful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm feeling Mortal too., February 6, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
I love this album. I sure understand it as I'm a year and 5 days older than Kris. The first time I played " Feeling Mortal", I cried. All you young people listen up. Your time is coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing But The Best From Kris, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
I have been a life long fan of Kris. I think I own every album, cassette, and CD he ever recorded. I first saw him perform live with Rita back in 1971, and have attended many concerts since. The depth of feeling and meaning he brings to every song qualifies him as the greatest songwriter and singer of my generation. Although some have rumored that "Feeling Mortal" may be his final CD, I hope they are wrong. I refuse to believe that a songwriter as great as Kris does not have a few more stories to sing. As for this CD--Feeling Mortal--I enjoyed every song and feel he's just getting better with age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kris taking it one step further., May 22, 2013
Violet (PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
Great lyrics and music. An invitation to reflect on where we've been and our own mortality. Recommend this to all the Kris fans out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling Mortal, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
Kris Kristofferson hits home with this CD ! It brought back thoughts of times gone by and the time to come !

4.0 out of 5 stars Kristofferson for Poet Laureat, April 7, 2013
Janet S. Petersen (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
I've been a fan since Rita Coolege days and have the 78s, 8 tracks, cassettes as proof. Kris continues to string words together that delight the mind and spirit. He always makes me look at the world a little more closely. I hope he continues to ..."keep on talking hoping someones gonna hear...". Thanks Kris

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome cd, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Mortal (Audio CD)
this is an awesome cd his voice and the subject matter meld together in one of the best cds in the last 6 months. this dude is a legend. an outlaw groing older and more leary as times slow march overtakes everyone. recomended for all.

Feeling Mortal
Feeling Mortal by Kris Kristofferson (Audio CD - 2013)