4.0 out of 5 stars short and sweet
Nice little booklet. I don't have many problems with my pair of dogs, but I like to think I can spot new issues and head them off pretty quickly - she gave me more signals to watch and more tools for dealing with the issues.
She has interesting ideas about group naming and group commands. Good advice for when another dog is being added to an already extant group of...
Published on November 25, 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
I have to say that I was disappointed with this booklet. I think I should have read the description better as I was expecting a book and got a 38 page booklet.
I didn't find the information all that helpful in dealing with my three-dog household. I felt most of it was in umbrella terms and there were very few specifics. Also many topics on things to do with your...
Published on April 3, 2003 by Christine

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered no more, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage and Enjoy Your Multi-Dog Household. (Paperback)
I found this book to be easy to read and easy to follow. Having three Golden Retrievers, life can get hectic, but following this book has made things around here calmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Book, August 6, 2013
I started reading it and set it aside. but now that I see this review I am going to pick it up again. It has great tips on effective use of body language.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too short but nice tips, July 15, 2013
I liked this booklet. My only critique is that, contrary to other McConnell's books, I felt it was too short. Some stuff needed to be addressed more extensively. It's a good place to start, and it has a few nice tips, but if you want an in-depth book, it's not for you. This particular subject needs a more extensive treatment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great booklet, July 7, 2013
Stringy (Carlisle, WA Australia) - See all my reviews
How to train your dogs individually in a way you can then advance to group commands. Also how to tell if play fighting is escalating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing, June 10, 2013
If you are having difficulty with your multi-dog household, this book could offer some helpful tips for controlling them. As my giant breed puppy grew up, my hound started feeling insecure and attacking him. I read this book to see if there was something additional I could do stop the fights. I found some helpful hints but if you are an experienced dog person, this book is probably not going to tell you much you didn't already know or think of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Help for multi-dog homes, March 2, 2013
Good tips. Especially like the sections on "staying away from trouble" and "signs tha may indicate a serious problem". Basic info on training is also good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling outnumber?, January 19, 2013
Yes! We have five canines in the household so life can become very chaotic. The book offers many great suggestions (for example, how to keep your dogs waiting respectfully at the door for guest) and how to keep your sanity under trying conditions. I recommend this book for any family one have more than one canine living in their house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book - short & to the point, April 15, 2010
Book Hound (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this book since I am considering adding a second dog to the household. I follow Dr McConnell's blog and have read a couple of her other books. This one is short & sweet and gets right to the point. It has lots of information packed in a small booklet. Why read 100 pages when 55 will do? A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars more than 1 dog, November 5, 2012
This book is helping me feel in charge of the 3 dogs in our house. I am learning how to control them from this book. Very glad I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good preview for efficiently handling a multi-dog household, June 6, 2012
If you have more than one dog, or are planning to add another dog to your household, this is a great resource. If you feel a bit overwhelmed by multiple dogs, this book will show you how to better handle all those dogs. Once again, Patricia McConnell (and Karen London) give very clear, easy instructions and guidance. There are not a lot of extra details and explanations to sort through. Her books are all very easy to follow and don't take long to read. That way you can spend more time dealing with your beloved dogs!

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage and Enjoy Your Multi-Dog Household.
Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage and Enjoy Your Multi-Dog Household. by Patricia B. McConnell (Paperback - August 1, 2001)
$9.95 $7.95