Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 26, 2013
My wife leaves the lights on in the dining room all the time, which was driving me crazy. I figured, to salvage this marriage, I'd pony up for some energy efficient bulbs and tell her to leave em on till the end of time. At the store, there were no CFLs for candelabras. I'm not a fan of CFLs anyway - they take forever to brighten, don't last nearly as long as advertised, and mercury.

So this was my first foray into the world of LED bulbs for home lighting. The prices are so high this FEIT set of 3 seemed to be the best buy.

All 3 bulbs are working, so I had no issues with a dead bulb.

My wife and I assumed we wouldn't like the warmth of the bulbs but we are pleasantly surprised. It's no glowing tungsten, but it's really not that bad. So those two things along with a reasonable price have motivated me to give this 5 stars and perhaps leave potential buyers at ease.

At ~6 a bulb, given the amount of usage it will receive, I expect each bulb to pay for itself in energy costs after about 1 year.

Another reason I wanted these or CFLs was how much heat the 60w bulbs were creating inside the chandelier. Somewhat surprising to me is how hot the white base of these LEDs gets. You don't want to touch it for too long. However the bulb is cool to the touch. If I had a current meter I'd check to see how much energy these are actually using. Seems like too much heat is being dissipated for these to only draw a few watts.

At any rate - I'm going to order 3 more to finish off my chandelier. Then it's going to be blinding in here. The way my wife has to have it - even at midday.

Update (July 2014) - after a few months one of the bulbs (I now have a full 6 populating the chandelier) would turn on and off (toggling somewhat randomly but in no shorter than 5 minute intervals). As of last week it is dead. So one out of the six did not live up to its billing. If another goes out I may have to downgrade to 4 stars. Overall, still satisfied with the quality given the price.
Update (October 2015) - So it's more than a year later. The 5 of 6 that were working in July 2014 (one went out pretty early on) are still working. They've gotten a lot of use. If we are awake, our dining room chandelier is most-likely on. It was a good purchase at ~$6/bulb

I think I'm going to rig up something and test the current draw. The amount of heating coming off the base just seems to indicate it could be higher than advertised.
1515 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
We put these in the chandelier in our dining room. The bulbs all worked and dimmed well without buzzing. I knew that the lumens were 20% less than an incandescent 40W light bulb for which these are intended to be a substitute. However, most of the light is projected to the sides and up but not down. In effect, there was more than a 20% decrease in light on the dining room table. Even with six bulbs at full power the room was not bright. Also, the color of the light is way too blue and there is a blue cast on everything in the room which created all almost dusk-like feel to the dining room. We use Feit LED bulbs for all our outdoor lighting and they are terrific. We were disappointed by their performance in our indoor lighting application. In time, the color of the light will be more yellow to white and the lumens will increase. But for now, we'll unfortunately go back to using 40W incandescent bulbs for the dining room.
1313 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2013
I have puchased 15 of these bulbs from Costco. (5 packs of 3). I have had to return 6 of the bulbs (2 packs) within 6 months of purchase (that's a 40% failure rate). the bulbs that work, work great, but a 40% falure rate is a difficult pill to swallow. Fortunately, Costco has a great return policy. I have tried to contact Feit Electric customer service, but have received no response.
55 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
Received what I ordered, as described, but for LED bulbs that are to last years, lasted days.
One of three worked for a few days and then quit. This is the second time with this manufacturer - no more Feit for me.
on September 19, 2013
These bulbs are great. They are 3000k so a bit whiter than incandescent but not too white. The output is great too and is about a 40w equivalent. They dim very well with a standard dimmer. These amazon resellers are ripping you off. These are available at the big warehouse store (you know the one that requires a membership fee....Costco) for only 19.99 and is sometimes on sale for less.
on July 7, 2014
The 3 Feit 4.8-watt LED candelabra light bulbs were purchased to replace 3 short-life 40-watt incandescent bulbs in an outdoor post lantern that is exposed to intense summer heat and wind-driven rain. Typically the hotter operating incandescent bulbs had to be replaced at least twice a year and more often if rain got into the lantern's ventilation slots causing them to explode. The cooler running LED bulbs offer years of life and are less subject to destruction by extreme weather conditions. Moreover, they appear much brighter than the incandescents. Our neighborhood code calls for three-bulb post lantern illumination so single higher watt bulbs can't be used. Although these LED bulbs save money on electric bills, their real value (for me) is elimination of frequent bulb replacement.
on November 24, 2013
One of the three bulbs did not work at all. This is similar to what one other reviewer wrote. It's been two days, the other two are still working fine ....
on October 22, 2014
I am very disappointed in these bulbs. One of three has already blown. (And of course, because I didn’t put them in right away after ordering, I am a few days outside the 30-day return window. There are certain things I am learning, you should not buy through mail.) As others have also mentioned, the direction of the light is up and sideways. Considering they are chandelier bulbs, which are already above your head – it’s not the best design in the first place. I should have listened to the negative reviews because I just threw away money and that is just such an icky feeling. So, needless to say, I will not buy these again, nor do I even slightly recommend them.
on January 4, 2014
I bought a bunch of these to replace my upward sconces in the bathrooms as well as dining room chandelier (which had little lampshades). They powered fine, but unfortunately the light from these only emanate up and to the sides. None of the light emanates down. So when trying these out in my dining room, for example, the lampshade would have a straight line about 1/3 of the way up where below was dark and above was bright. Looked really dumb. So back they went. Still looking for candelabra base dimmable LEDs which will shine omnidirectional lights.
on March 6, 2014
Sorry to say that these lights give an unnatural white, harsh lighting. Standard candelabra bulbs with a conventional filament create a much warmer atmosphere over a dining room table. Also, these led's have a large lens beneath them that keeps the light aimed at the ceiling, rather than an even, uniform light dispersal. I was very surprised because I own many FEIT bulbs. For instance, the globe LED's used in the bathroom have a much warmer look. The candelabra style, however, have a severe light, not unlike fluorescent bulbs. Too bad, I had hoped for a better product.