5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best screw-in LED night light replacements.
First, let me warn everyone--if you need a bright night light, do not buy this LED replacement. However, for many people, the Feit Electric BPC7 will be satisfactory. I have tried several LED night light replacement bulbs. They vary widely in quality and light output. This LED bulb does well in both areas.

The bulb puts out a moderate blue-white light. I have...
Published on January 30, 2009 by B. Layton

1.0 out of 5 stars Alas, no
Published on December 26, 2010 by Mark Tee

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best screw-in LED night light replacements., January 30, 2009
This review is from: Feit Electric BPC7/LED Three LED Night Light Bulb with Candelabra Base, Clear, 2 Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

The bulb puts out a moderate blue-white light. I have heard from some long-term users of similar products that it may become more blue over time (we're talking about years here). The color of the light may take getting used to, but it is pleasant and does not disturb sleep when getting that late-night drink of water.

For those of a technical mindset, commercial LED night light bulbs come in a couple different forms: full-cycle, rectified circuits or half-cycle circuits, which have a resistor and/or capacitor. A full-cycle LED is capable of producing near-constant light; a half-cycle LED will produce light pulses as the circuit cycles on and off (approx. 60 times per second, if attached to the U.S. power grid). When thinking about light quality and bulb longevity: a rectified LED cicuit is what you want. It is the type of circuit you will find in the Feit Electric BPC7. Maybe that is why they can offer a lifetime guarantee. None of the other bulbs I tried have this guarantee. (Please note: I am not an engineer--this is based on my own understanding of LED circuitry)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but with a couple of reservations, January 2, 2009
These are great replacements for night-lights. However, don't expect them to be anywhere close to the brightness of their older incandescent cousins. The typical color is significantly blue.
Benefits: low wattage, long life, plastic (not glass) construction (great for kids room replacements).
Cons: Unidirectional, not completely white, fairly dim, and periodically you get one that only runs on half-a-cycle (appearing dimmer and with noticeable flicker).
You should also be aware that the price of $5.99 at the time of this writing is just plain nuts. Walk into a local Happy Harry's or Walgreens, and I can get the same exact thing for $2.99 (or could, prices may have gone up), and you don't get stiffed with insane shipping costs.
FEIT also apparently is clueless about their own products... I tried to get the colored versions of these, but they won't sell them direct, they have no clue who actually sells them, and the places they say do, don't.
Based on what I've seen recently on-line, you might get a brighter light for cheaper, getting the individual C7 white faceted LED Christmas bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED night light bulbs, June 25, 2009
I have purchased and liked these before. One of the two in the bubble pack was defective when arrived. I called the company and they sent a whole new pack which meant I didn't have to go through the time consuming return process. Kudos to Feit Electric.

1.0 out of 5 stars Alas, no, December 26, 2010
I have LED nightlights much brighter than these. I have incandescent nighlight bulbs much brighter than these. I have birthday candles that are much brighter than these. Good thing they come in packages of two since I was able to confirm that they were both unusably dim. Bright enough for some uses perhaps, but not a direct replacement for similarly-sized incandescents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than some, but there's a better alternative, November 12, 2011
My first attempt at replacing incandescent night light bulbs had only a single LED, and was barely visible when lit. Those I've since given away. I next found these 3 LED bulbs at an area Menards store, and have used over a dozen of them successfully around the house. They are just enough brighter to be useful. However, they are still not as bright as the incandescent night light bulbs they replaced, so my search continued.

Now there is a 5 LED alternative, C. Crane BNB Bright Night LED Nightlight Bulb that is enough brighter than the 1 and 3 LED versions to truly replace the incandescent version. I'm pleased with the two I just received, and will soon order more of the 5 LED version.

Note: I also have a variety of larger candelabra base LED lights from Costco and 1000Bulbs that are still brighter, but too large to fit in some holders, and too bright for some uses. They are, however, also much better looking than any of the small LED bulbs I've found.

In any case, even though these 3 LED bulbs work, I'll not be buying them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 LED Night Light Bulb, February 24, 2010
Meiko "cat lover" (Deltona, FL United States) - See all my reviews
The light output of these bulbs is way too little to be useful. I finally bought some bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs that really do work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pitiful Excuse Dimlit, January 25, 2013
These bulbs are a pitiful excuse for a bulb. They are so dim that you barely know they are on. They are GREAT if your looking for virtually No Light. I was very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feit Electric BPC7/LED Three LED Night Light Bulb with Candelabra Base, July 16, 2013
Darrel (California) - See all my reviews
Like this brand of LED night light bulb, it has lasted me a long time but not very bright have it in two night lights and just shines in a small area and not a whole room like I would like it to do, it's pretty dim if you ask me but for the price it was not too bad a deal

2.0 out of 5 stars Description of the product IS WRONG, February 19, 2013
i usually write good reviews but not this time..

the producot is fine, the quality of the product is great everything is fine BUT...

THE COLOR!

in the product specifications the color temperature says 3000 KELVIN well look at this link

[...]

if you take a brief look at this, the 3000 kelvin mark should be yellow to red... THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BLUE!
(more towards the 10,000 Kelvin color)

basically, if you are looking for a yellowish light THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!

sadly for me (and for the brand which actually looks of a very good quality) i was looking for a 3000 KELVIN or yellowish to white light...

i believe if the product description is verified this will probably be a 5 star product...

if you dont mind the color you will never have to change this bulb again

3.0 out of 5 stars Led night light bulb?, July 29, 2013
This bulb is just ok. It pretty dim. I used it in my fridge as a replacement for the water and ice bulb. It's really too dim to do much more than glow. Hope this helps. ENJOY.

Rate and Discover Movies