5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, saves power, hopefully will last
The 40W fluorescents (150-200W equivalent) are hard to find in most brick and mortar stores (they like to sell the smaller 40W and the 100W equivalents) so I was double-happy when I saw this one at Amazon. First, because Amazon carries it and second because it's available under super-savers' shipping.

Talking about the item itself:

- you WILL...
Published on May 28, 2009 by A. Dent

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bright - ballast blew 2 weeks after install.
Very simply stated, the light was brilliant while it lasted. In my case, it was 2 weeks after installing - then the ballast blew with the expected electronic smoke/ozone smell. I hate short-lived fluorescents, as they are painful to dispose of. I'm now bailing on CF lights, and thusfar am becoming much happier with the new generation of LED lights.
Published on November 15, 2011 by Christopher Lee

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta go big to grow big. These are big CFL's and the price is right, so grab a few., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 40-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight (Tools & Home Improvement)
Perfect for growing in the seedling/veg stage. I got several of these and ran them 24/0 and 18/6 in different rooms during veg. They fire up immediately and mimic the daytime sunlight. These are very large bulbs, almost double the size and diameter of a normal sized household CFL. So keep that in mind if space is an issue. They also put off a tremendous amount of heat compared to a household CFL.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good upto now, May 25, 2014
I bought it a couple of weeks back it's Good upto now but I need to see how long it last

1.0 out of 5 stars not a good product, May 18, 2014
totally unsatisfied with this bulb it broke after one month of hardly any use I was laying on the couch one day and I heard the white sizzle out

4.0 out of 5 stars Big frakin bulb, May 13, 2014
This thing is larger than you might think. It won't fit into most clip-on lights, since the base is that much larger (diameter). It's about 1/2" larger than the other CCFL bulbs. But, at 200W equivalent, it's a really good bulb. Gets up to full brightness fast (seconds, if that) and the color is great. I'm using it where I need daylight equivalent, which this is. I also put one in a recessed light fixture above my mother's stove. She had the 23w bulb there before, but it really wasn't enough. Instead of getting another light installed, I put in one of these. LOTS of light. Of course, the bulb extends outside the fixture by a few inches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful light. Delicate light, April 29, 2014
Bought two for my 54 gallon planted aquarium. they worked perfectly but water got to them and they fried on the spot. That was an accident so I had to re-order. their light was incredible. it was bright and daylight and potent enough to penetrate 23" of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a very good product, April 27, 2014
hi everyone

it's a very good bulb i love it and i suggest to buy it .. it's cheap and do it's work perfectly

best of luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright!, April 25, 2014
I have many hours on this bulb and have no issues with it. Yes, this bulb is huge but what do you expect for this kind of efficiency and output? I can't give specific numbers on the brightness, but it is sufficiently bright and is definitely bright enough that you don't want to look directly at it. I can give specific numbers on the wattage though based on my kill-a-watt meter it uses 30-35W during the warm up and holds steady at 32W after being on for 15 minutes. The hottest this bulb has gotten is about 85 Fahrenheit according to my thermometer, and I have not smelled anything from this bulb (except a slight new plastic smell for about 2 days, even then only when I was right next to it). Over all I'd recommend this bulb where you need a lot of light without the high electric use.

Tips: use a rag when installing, touching the glass may create hot spots on the bulb from your skin oils and shorten the life, and install this base down for better cooling leading to a longer life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light., April 21, 2014
Forty5L (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
A nice light..mimics daylight and creates a nice mood. If you want a bulb, perhaps this is the one for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, April 18, 2014
Seem like a very good product. I used it as growlights. Very bright but not consuming too much power. Would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright and Durable Bulbs, April 15, 2014
Arnie (Montco, PA) - See all my reviews
Finding a bright bulb (2000+ Lumens) at 6500K is not the easiest thing, but these bulbs do the trick.

I have been using these specific bulbs in exterior light fxitures for a while, and, in my opinion, that is the perfect use for these kinds of bulbs. I am a fan of the 6500K bulbs (I just prefer that ilght color), and I want a bright bulb to light up the widest possible area. As such, one of these bulbs is perfect for a lone fixture on a long exterior wall of a house or building. I have also used these bulbs in free-standing torchiere floor lamps, and one of these bulbs is more than sufficient to light up an average sized room.

Having said all that, it should be mentioned that these bulbs are a bit on the hefty side, so they may not fit smaller fixtures.

Durability is decent for these bulbs. Feit claims about 8000 hours as the average lifespan, and I have gotten about ~10,000 hours out of the last two I have used (10 hours a day, little less than 3 years before they died).

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›