Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Feit Electric MR16/GU10/HP/LED 3-LEDs 4-Watt 120V High Performance MR16/GU10 Base
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 31, 2010
If you're looking for a "Warm Yellow Glow" this probably isn't the light for you.

To me, the light looks clean, and crisp - it has a pure white feel to it.

Regardless, I think it's a fantastic light - much brighter than I expected.

I have five of them hooked up to a track lighting system in my front room, and they light the focal point really well.

As for the price --- I bought two online for $40 ~ only to find them at Lowes for $30 --- instead of being selfish, and reboxing them to send them back so I could save $20 (meanwhile hurting whoever I purchased it from), I accepted my failure to research, and just bought the three remaining lights at Lowes.

Best wishes!!!
on November 1, 2011
I recently ordered several different brands of MR16/GU10 LED bulbs trying to figure out which one is "best" for my office lighting. This Feit Electric LED bulb is the only one which does not fit in my fixture, so I was unable to try it out. Although the pins are the correct type, the bulb base is shorter than the other bulbs' bases so it will not QUITE reach the connector/contacts at the bottom of my fixture. It's very close but I can't quite twist it into place as is normally done. The Feit base is 1 inch long from tip of the connectors to where it widens out. The other MR16/GU10 LED bulbs I have are at least 1 and 1/4 inch long, and the base actually protrudes from the fixture (less than 1/4 inch). If your fixture has any kind of "tube" leading down to the contacts, I suggest you consider this factor. I don't believe my fixture is too unusual and as I say, other bulbs of this same size (including halogens) fit fine. (Amazon accepted my return of the bulb. Thanks!)

edit: In re-reading the many conflicting reviews of LED bulbs in the MR16/GU10 size base here at Amazon, it appears that some mfrs. use a shorter base, which some customers PREFER, complaining that the "long" base sticks out too far in their particular fixture. Others (like me) WANT the longer base. So look at the photos of the various bulbs carefully, you can usually see which ones are the "short" or "long" type of base. If there is a code or description that tells you the difference in these pages, I do not see it. It appears to me that the Feit and another one called "Lights of America" may be the "short" base while more generic brands generally have the longer base.
on September 30, 2011
This is a good little bulb. The light is slightly cooler than a halogen, but not like the blue "daylight" bulbs. I tested 3 LED bulbs and this was the best. Two negatives. The packaging. Small gripe, I know, and it doesn't affect the quality of the bulb, but it is encased upon arrival in a ridiculous double plastic package ten times the size of the actual bulb. I assume this is to justify the second problem. The outrageous price. Most people will need many of these. I need 20 bulbs to replace all the halogen track lighting in my house. That's over $500! (not to mention a mountain of plastic). So much for any savings I may have seen on my electric bill. 4 stars for quality of light. 2 stars for being a "green" product with massive waste and unreasonable price.
on August 18, 2010
I bought one of these to replace a 50 watt halogen in my desk lamp. The halogen was still working but was too bright and really hot. This light claims to be equivalent to a 35 watt and from what I can tell - it is. The best part, after being on for an extended time, I can touch the lamp without getting burned. The color of the light is very pleasant and not as unnatural as I feared. The true test will be to see if it lasts as long as the package claims. The manufacturer offers a 2 year warranty and has a toll free phone number on package - save your receipt. Like other reviewers, I paid $25.00 at Lowes.
on April 16, 2013
Great replacement, very bright light not so yellow but bright like daylight kind of light. I would say that those LEDS replace 50W not 35. I had 50W halogens before and I can say that there is almost no difference or very minimal. And other significant fact- no heat. My bedroom is not big one and I could literally fell heat from lamp/ceiling what makes my room harder to cool down. Overall- they are little bit pricey byt have a lot of advantages over regular 50W halogens that making them worthj of every penny.
on July 27, 2012
I can't count how many LED bulbs I've tried but these are the best yet for brightness (about a 30watt regular bulb) and color that is very neutral. These make great accent bulbs.

The price is high for a bulb, but the lower power usage and longer life make it pay off.

I've had one in five fail in a year so either the production and/or the quality control is not too good... about what my experiences with Feit bulbs has always been.

Though, these are the best LED bulbs I've used yet.
on July 17, 2013
I bought nine of these little boogers at the local chain home store about a year ago and installed them in my foyer. As of today, one of them is dying. Just started blinking erratically once it is running for a while - is at normal temperature. Moved it to a different fixture to verify it is the bulb rather than the fixture.

So what I would say is this. They put out great light. They do fit my fixtures. They run hotter than I would expect an LED to run. They are over priced and given that you can not count on them to last the rated life expectency, I'd say look for a cheaper bulb.
on December 1, 2010
This bulb does not fit into GU10 socket of any of my two track lights. Pins going into sockets but do not turn. On third attempt one pin fall off.

call manufacturer and after 10 mins on hold customer service told me that it is my track light's problem, their bulb is fine. suggested to return bulbs. I wonder how it was that every halogen light i ever bought over last 4 years was installed w/o problems
on December 5, 2011
I bought a dozen of these to replace my 50-watt xenon tracklights. They're not quite as bright (maybe about 50-60% as bright) but have a nice warm light comparable to halogen or xenon. After about a year, I have 3-4 of the lights intermittently failing -- it seems that the connection is faulty in the two prongs. I can usually wiggle them a bit and get them to stay on for a while before they go out again. Recently, I used a CircuitWriterTM Precision Pen silver-based 4 grams pen and filled the small hold at the end of the two prongs and it seems to have made the lights work reliably again (so far...).
on September 21, 2010
I have purchased 4 of these bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs that came with our(newly installed) kitchen track light. Fortunately the track light wasn't too much money! Anyhow these bulbs are just a shade less bright than the ones that came with the track light and the spectrum is more white. They operate just as quick and way cooler than the halogen. The fact that they use alot less energy means less risk of your track light exceeding your electrical circuit's capability. They have a long life expectancy (30000hours). Hopefully like most tech stuff the price will come down!!I paid 24.99 at Lowes. I can't take with me when I go anyhow right?!

See 1 answered question