5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a new design that is really Great!
Published on June 12, 2007 by J. theesfeld

3.0 out of 5 stars Felco F-600 folding saw
Arrived quickly. The quality seems ok---BUT I was very disapointed to have paid almost $30.00 for a saw made in South Korea. I bought it because I thought it would have been made in Switzerland. I would REALLY like it if companies would state where theyre goods ARE MADE!!!
Published 20 months ago by Carter Hanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a new design that is really Great!, June 12, 2007
J. theesfeld (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I have used the old style Felco saw for years and always wondered when they were going to put a new design out. All around they solved tons of issues the previous style had. The grip is great and very comfortable. The latch works reallt well, even when it is filled with sap and saw dust. The new tapered blade works great and seems to be much stronger. I used to go through blades a lot and haven't broken one in a long time. I was a little concerned about the rubber grip getting dirty and sticky but no problems at all! I highly recommend anyone still using the old style saw to upgrade now and get this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Trail Saw, January 13, 2009
Gary Gargan (New Hampshire, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Felco F-600 Classic Folding Saw with Pull-Stroke Action (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought this to go in my cyling pack for riding trails up here in the New Hampshire forests. I must admit I felt I splurged by spending this much on a saw. But it is light and I liked the Felco brand. I used it a couple of times, it worked great.

Then we had the Ice Storm, Dec - 2008, and I spent alot of time clearing trails before winter with an axe or bow saw. Once winter hit I could put this saw in my ski jacket (it is so light!), and clear trails just as well as quickly as that bigger bow saw. I have cleared branches up to 6 in despite the fact it is only a 6 in blade.

I must say I am truly impressed with the sharpness, speed of cut, size and weight of this saw. I would recommend it to anyone who sees themselves doing some light trail clearing, either on a bike, horse, or while backpacking. (Anytime weight and space are an issue)

I am now thinking of investing in some felco shears.

5.0 out of 5 stars No verbose review - just another very satisfied Felco customer., May 20, 2009
cr0ak (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
Felco is hands-down the best quality for gardening tools. They can seem pricey, but "you get what you pay for". If you want to replace tools every year (or every other year), by all means go for the cheaper brands. But if you want tools that will last, spend that little bit extra. You won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, November 28, 2010
This guy really cuts. The blade is awesome. Light and foldable saw is fabulous. My only problem is that blade does not always seat properly when folding the saw. The rubber plastic seems susceptible to damage so this design aspect is a bit disappointing. Otherwise, beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable Tool, July 30, 2009
This tool is fabulous for dividing perennials. Cuts through big clumps of hostas like butter. It's small and compact but does the work of a large saw. Great for trimming small branches. Very well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs a motor, May 2, 2010
Kindle Customer (Arlington, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Great product when you need to trim off some branches 1-3 inches in diameter. It does most of the cutting on the pull-stroke, which is where most of your strength is. The precision of this tool is especially useful when you need to trim branches off live trees, and need to be careful where and how you cut.

You can cut 4-6 inch branches, too, but your arms will begin to wear out before you finish. Wish it had a motor.

Seriously, this is a great saw for your woods and garden. Just remember to use a chain saw (not this one) when you need to do high-volume cutting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and sharp, October 7, 2009
This saw is a bit pricey, but very light, compact and sharp. The teeth are a bit far apart, but once it got in the groove, it works well on medium size branches and roots. Great Felco quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pruning Saw, February 10, 2011
This is a great pruning saw - very sharp and effective. At first it was very difficult to close as mechanism was tight and required a lot of thumb pressure. After many uses however, it did loosen and works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw, January 24, 2009
Felco makes the best tools and this folding saw is a must have for every gardener!!! I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit pricey, but does work., September 14, 2010
The positive reviews are correct on this product - this thing will probably slide through a 5 inch branch (with a bit of effort) and will make easy work of the smaller branches. I've taken down big branches and a small tree with this thing and aside from the blade that's a bit thin, it works and is mostly ergonomic.

Rate and Discover Movies