5.0 out of 5 stars Felicity Season 2 - better still!
I am a huge Felicity fan - I was not a big tv viewer prior to its pilot and never real got into the whole WB thing (hated dawson's creek - do any teenagers really talk like that? Please!)
Published on May 29, 2003 by Sarah E. Hyde

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't blame the hair for why it went down the tubes.
Yes, Felicity got a fugly haircut this season, but that's not why ratings took a nosedive. First of all, the show changed nights - always the kiss of death on TV since it breaks a habit and could have put it in competition with something else you watch. Remember these were the pre-DVR days so your TV didn't automatically record anything it thought you might like to...
Published on April 21, 2011 by M. Leister

5.0 out of 5 stars Felicity Season 2 - better still!, May 29, 2003
Felicity was great because I started watching it as a freshman and I know it's corny but I almost felt like I was growing up with her, because it was SO real and true. It so closely resembled things in my college experience and my friends' college experiences. I felt like each season we saw her grow and change into a new individual (loved the change of theme song in season 3).
The first season was new, innovative, hopeful, inspiring. It was like being in college - lots of doors were opened and everyone wanted to see which way she'd go.
Season two is great because you start to see the other characters come to life. Ben develops, starts to become a person who actually deals with his problems rather than ignoring them and being a jerk. Some people think that season 2 became too relationship/love-centered - but that's life, for sure, and when ISN't life about love and falling in and out of it!?
Season 2 picks up where 1 left off and just keeps getting better! Check it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, July 10, 2003
By A Customer
In season one we came to know the characters of Felicity and we came to love each and every one of them for what they were. We went through our weeks waiting for the night when we could sit down and watch the one show that we could relate to. We could relate to Felicity's boy woes, and we knew exactly what she must have been feeling everytime Ben messed up. Season one introduced us to the cast that kept us mesmerized for the following three years.
Season two created an environment where the characters blossomed, and if anything we began to respect them much more for their character flaws. It made them real. We began to understand Ben's confusion, and know exactly what Felicity must be thinking. The love that Ben and Felicity had began to unfold before us, and we could relate.
I have always loved Felicity. It has always been, and always will be the one show that I could honestly relate to. It wasn't sugarcoated. It wasn't fake. It was college. It was television like it should have always been.
So, I recommend every single one of you to purchase this DVD collection. Purchase it because Felicity means something to you, and if we don't stand up for the show we want to keep timeless their might not be another season let out on DVD. We can't let seasons three and four go undiscovered, because like seasons one and two it only developes characters into the ones we cried with when it went off the air. Look beyond what most people say as 'bad haircuts' and see the show for what it really is-- a masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 - My personal fave..., February 20, 2003
"mertalert" (Lawrence, KS United States) - See all my reviews
Season 2 was definitely my favorite season of Felicity. It was the season of the infamous "bad haircut," which I thought Keri Russell pulled off remarkably well. In season 2 Felicity and Ben ride the relationship rollercoaster - going from dating to breaking up to finally falling in love. Sean and Megan unexpectedly hit it off after Megan has to move in because of a fire in the dorm. Noel dates Ruby, a freshman in Felicity and Megan's dorm (they're both RAs this year), and finds out after they've become serious that she's pregnant with someone else's baby. Javier is back at Dean and Deluca and preparing to marry Sammuel. Elena finally meets a man, but things get bumpy when he says he's saving himself for marriage. All in all, I found this season to be my absolute favorite, and I know you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 10, 2003
Caitlin (Long Island, New York) - See all my reviews
Felicity, where to begin. Before this show there was nothing good on t.v. Flipping through the channels was pointless and I had just about given up on finding a decent show. Then along came Felicity. An inspiring show about a girl entering college to follow the boy she doesnt even know, all because of what he wrote in her yearbook, but in her words "I had always thought that if we knew eachother, we would love eachother." As the 1st season began I instantly fell inlove, with all the characters. Felicity, the sweet romantic who goes to college for a boy, but ends up realizing that she really came for herself, Ben, who goes to collede in Ny to get away from his family, and finds a love worth fighting for, and Noel, who falls inlove with Felicity from the start, and fights to have her. And I watched only to discover that it got better every season. I encourage anyone, who ever tired somthing spontaneiuos, whoever had there heart broken, fell inlove, or saw beyond all the problems around you, somthing worth trying for, to buy seasons 1 and 2, and maybe you'll fall inlove as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speaking only of the DVD features etc., November 18, 2003
By A Customer
I can't tell you whether or not you'll enjoy the show--and let's face it, if you're buying the DVD's you probably already saw it, right? Anyway, a few technical points for anyone interested in buying these DVDs:
Each episode is one whole chapter, thus although there are about 4 hours of viewing time per disc, there are only four chapters by which you can skip ahead in the storyline--this makes for a lot of fastforwarding if you want to find a certain scene or watch only part of an episode, which can be irritating. Really irritating.
The audio commentary--well, it's not great. Actually, I can't think of any DVD on which it is worse. This may be a matter of personal taste, but to have the commentators constantly asking one another, "what scene is this?" "Do you remember shooting this? Because I don't...." "Which episode is this?" "Now why are these two mad at each other?" "who is that character?" was annoying. I can respect that for the commentators these scenes were shot years ago, and I can't and don't fault anyone for forgetting this stuff, but as that's the reality of it, why include commentary at all? It seemed like a bit of a jumbled waste.
(Amendment: the commentary on Help for the Lovelorn and The Slump is much better.)
The extras: these are included on disc 6. Neither the box nor the discs themselves give you, the humble viewer, any clue as to where they might be. Like an idiot I went through every disc until I got to the last one and figured it out. Somewhere out there a graphic designer is laughing at me. The extras themselves are really nice inclusions--especially the Emmy parody. The background info on the casting and the unaired pilot give some added insight into the creation of the show. I was not interested in this, but these segments are very well done and I think avid fans would find them worth watching.
Sound quality is pretty good, picture is great, subtitles in English or Spanish. Some people wrote about the changes to the music, I didn't notice it too much.
Hope that helps someone,
me

5.0 out of 5 stars The season of the haircut, September 1, 2009
This review is from: Felicity: Season 2 (DVD)
I love this show, hands down, in my top 5. I saw the entire series when it originally aired on tv when I was in college, and this is one of the few I would consider re-watching, so I had to own it. I think the 1st and 3rd season are my favorite, but on the whole you should see them all. This isn't just a show for the ladies either. I'll have marathons when I'm sick, or just taking a 'couch day' and without fail, my boyfriend will show up... he might start out pretending to read a book, but next thing you know, he's asking me questions and watching it with me.

I did notice the songs were different from the original, and I'm huge music buff. But honestly, besides noticing it, it didn't actually bother me. The plot is the stand out star, not the music. It might change the mood of certain scenes slightly, but if you never saw them on tv, you'd never know.

As I've said before, I'm a huge sucker for love triangles. But, only ones that are done well, not gooey and cheesy. You will forever be torn between Ben and Noel....you may find yourself shouting out your choice(for me, I shout BEN!) trying to sway Felicity one way or the other. The 2nd season she starts to branch out and date other people, which is maybe why it's not my favorite season. But despite that, its still awesome. It's the season of the haircut!! Felicity starts to come into her own, establish herself in NYC and find out who her friends are. Not only that, but does she really want to be a doctor? You'll see her trying to figure out what she really wants to do with her life, and break away from her dependency(crush) on Ben.

Javier does comes back(YAY!), he gives you that ray of sunshine, with his happy disposition, and definitely stands out with a great dose of comedy. All the characters were cast extremely well, and you'll definitely have your personal favorites.

Timeless, excellent show. Funny, dramatic and a must see in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars laying the foundation, July 4, 2003
By A Customer
i LOVE felicity and think that season two, as with every other season, was excellent because it allowed all of the characters to grow and develop. More importantly it allowed the viewers to experience Bens change in character and views. I feel that at the end of season one ben seemed to turn so quickly and in the space of one episode he suddenly decides that he loves felicity. For me, it didnt seem real and i therefore wasnt able to understand why he suddenly loved her, because we were never really shown any moments when he pined for her(the writers didnt develop his feelings).
In this season, after being dumped, we really get to see how his feelings for felicity grow as he watches from afar. And because of this when the moment of truth arrives,and they are finnally brought together, i truly believe in his love for her, and can therefore accept that they are meant to be together.
i cant wait for all of the seasons to be released i just prey that they are released in australia (not bloody likely!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Felicity Is Top On My List!, March 31, 2003
I am so glad that this season is being released on dvd in June! Felicity is one of my all time favorite televion shows and I catch it on WE whenever I can. I love seeing how Felicity, Ben, Noel, Elena, Julie, Sean, Megan and everybody else interact with one another! Javier is so funny and also one of my favorite characters! Ben and Felicity are too cute in this season when after she had followed him to NYC last season during their freshman year, they finally get together after breaking up during the start of their sophomore year. Ben finally realizes how he really feels about Felicity and that he's grown up since the last time they were together! I love Keri Russell and Scott Speedman! They make a great couple both on and off screen. I will always be sad that this show was cancelled. Thank God for the DVDs! Can't wait for 3 and 4!

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love Felicity!, August 12, 2003
By A Customer
What can I say, I'm addicted to Felicity. For me, each episode is worth watching - its romantic, funny, and makes you want to watch it over and over especially when Felicity and Ben started their relationship again. My only disappointment is that they didn't use the same songs when they showed this on the air like my favorite scene when they were watching the Charlie Chaplin movie on the rooftop - the background song was "Ice Cream" by Sarah Mclachlan, they played something else instead. The special features was cute but it's really short, wish they had more. Can't wait for the season 3 & 4. Does anybody have any idea when they will release it? I just hope I don't have to wait another year for it. I just love Scott Speedman.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great show comes into its own, January 10, 2004
I wasn't a regular viewer of Felicity until the last 5 episodes of Season 4, so for the most part I am watching the series for the first time as it is released (all too slowly) on DVD.
Much as I adore Season 1, I have to say that the show came into its own in some very important and risky ways after its ratings dropped following the much-ballyhooed haircut. It remains a smart show, with terrific dialogue (very well subtitled on the DVD) and consistently strong acting. Keri Russell's face in any of the guidance counselor/professor/parent scenes is a good example of what I mean: her subtle facial expressions so perfectly convey the character's inner conflicts that it's often difficult to remember that she is acting at all.
But on to the risks I mentioned: for all that the show remains very compelling in its second season, it really moved away from the trauma-of-the-week format it tended to follow in Season 1. Allowing the storyline to move so slowly works against every TV drama formula, but the (very successful) result is that the show feels very real. The viewer is given a chance to, rather than forced to, care about the characters and what happens to them.
And the Twilight Zone homage/parody episode is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on television.