4.0 out of 5 stars furnature saver
Published on May 17, 2011 by Amanda Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Come off very easily
Shipped quickly, so there's no problem there. They worked really well for the first few days, stopped my cats from scratching the furniture and each other, however, they can pull these things off with little effort.
Published 7 months ago by CSCH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars furnature saver, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Feline Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps Take-Home Kit, Large, Clear (Misc.)
I've been using these on my cat for over a year now. He only has back claws, but they were scratching my leather furnature when he would jump on it. My cats are indoor only. It does take your cat some time to get used to them - the first 2-3 applications will probably annoy your cat. You have to distract the cat with treats or play for several minutes after application to let the glue dry. The package says 5 minutes. I do 15 minutes.

It takes two people for us to apply these. One to hold the cat, the other to squirt glue and apply.

I've had the colored version of these as well. They are cute, if not a bit strange looking to people who have never heard of kitty press on nails. I'm going back to the clear ones because they allow you to see the claw as its going into the cap, and I think you get a better fit. When you can't see this, it's easy for the tip of the claw to hit a cleat notch, and then the nail cap doesn't go on as far as it should. Plus, visitors usually don't notice the clear ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the right size and they work great, October 6, 2012
I got small and medium for my cats, one is a 7 lb kitten and an adult who is also usually around 7 lbs. Small didn't fit them-a couple nails on my kitten would let the small size on but I had to go up to the medium. The adult couldn't wear any small ones. Had the same experience with the medium size that didn't fit on a 10 lb cat, I then got him the large ones. So just be aware that might happen and the correct size doesn't depend on weight. They do work quite well though, stay on right away (providing you're putting on the right size). My cats did chew on them at first but I just distracted them by feeding them and throwing a couple toys and once they got used to the fact that they weren't coming off they hardly notice. Lifesaver for my new furniture. I check every couple days to see if any have come off, sometimes one or two has because they grow off, so just trim that nail and stick another one on. I use them on the back as well and honestly am really enjoying having cats that don't cause as much damage or scratch on accident when playing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, April 2, 2012
My male cat has a bad habit of scratching the carpet at my front door. I rent, so needless to say, I don't want to have to deal with an angry landlord. Soft claws to the rescue! I have no issues putting them on him (I can do it by myself but it is easier with help). He is very comfortable with me messing around with his paws, as I have trimmed his nails his entire life. One issue is the glue. The directions say to put the glue into the fridge after you are done and you will be able to use it again later. This has never been true for me. The glue always dries up. They do give you 2 tubes in the package, but that doesn't cut it. Thankfully, Amazon sells the glue by itself. The extra cost for the glue is slightly annoying, but overall it is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nail caps are WONDERFUL, July 2, 2014
I have two large Maine Coon cats. They are gentle as can be but if they accidentally claw me (especially with those back claws), they can really do some damage! The nail caps are the answer to a prayer. They are very easy to apply, stay on well and protect the furniture and me from scratches. I chose the clear - you really can't see them once they are applied.

I highly recommend these!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell off in a week, June 14, 2014
Heidi Hopf (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Did not stay on. Of course it was such a struggle to put them on the cat, we gave up. Cat is scratching up everything :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Claws Nail Caps Always a Winner, June 4, 2014
Soft Claws are the best, make sure that you go with the original product and except no inferior substitutions. Soft Claws have saved my tights, hosiery and furniture. Let's not forget the legs, who need scars. Very quick turnaround with this Seller. I had been having the groomer apply the soft claws but finally tried myself. I have been saving some dinero since then. There are videos online you can watch, papoose your feline if necessary and give it a try. This is a great product and easy to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put on, caps don't stay on for very long, May 27, 2014
It's hard to put the caps on in the first place, and they don't stay on for very long time. The first cap fell off the same day. You have to keep fighting your cat every week to reapply the missing caps.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, May 15, 2014
i have not gotten all of the tips on my cat(s) but they seem to work so far and i like that it was fairly easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., March 29, 2014
My cat really has to work to get these off -- it usually takes him a couple weeks before I have to replace a couple. And this way, he can't scratch the furniture or US when he's feeling frisky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Both Glue Sticks were Rock Solid and Could not be used-waste of money, March 22, 2014
Both of the glue sticks sent in our package were rock solid and could not be used, therefore making this purchase a waste of money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›