Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 17, 2011
I've been using these on my cat for over a year now. He only has back claws, but they were scratching my leather furnature when he would jump on it. My cats are indoor only. It does take your cat some time to get used to them - the first 2-3 applications will probably annoy your cat. You have to distract the cat with treats or play for several minutes after application to let the glue dry. The package says 5 minutes. I do 15 minutes.

It takes two people for us to apply these. One to hold the cat, the other to squirt glue and apply.

I've had the colored version of these as well. They are cute, if not a bit strange looking to people who have never heard of kitty press on nails. I'm going back to the clear ones because they allow you to see the claw as its going into the cap, and I think you get a better fit. When you can't see this, it's easy for the tip of the claw to hit a cleat notch, and then the nail cap doesn't go on as far as it should. Plus, visitors usually don't notice the clear ones.
on October 6, 2012
I got small and medium for my cats, one is a 7 lb kitten and an adult who is also usually around 7 lbs. Small didn't fit them-a couple nails on my kitten would let the small size on but I had to go up to the medium. The adult couldn't wear any small ones. Had the same experience with the medium size that didn't fit on a 10 lb cat, I then got him the large ones. So just be aware that might happen and the correct size doesn't depend on weight. They do work quite well though, stay on right away (providing you're putting on the right size). My cats did chew on them at first but I just distracted them by feeding them and throwing a couple toys and once they got used to the fact that they weren't coming off they hardly notice. Lifesaver for my new furniture. I check every couple days to see if any have come off, sometimes one or two has because they grow off, so just trim that nail and stick another one on. I use them on the back as well and honestly am really enjoying having cats that don't cause as much damage or scratch on accident when playing.
on April 2, 2012
My male cat has a bad habit of scratching the carpet at my front door. I rent, so needless to say, I don't want to have to deal with an angry landlord. Soft claws to the rescue! I have no issues putting them on him (I can do it by myself but it is easier with help). He is very comfortable with me messing around with his paws, as I have trimmed his nails his entire life. One issue is the glue. The directions say to put the glue into the fridge after you are done and you will be able to use it again later. This has never been true for me. The glue always dries up. They do give you 2 tubes in the package, but that doesn't cut it. Thankfully, Amazon sells the glue by itself. The extra cost for the glue is slightly annoying, but overall it is worth it!
on July 2, 2014
I have two large Maine Coon cats. They are gentle as can be but if they accidentally claw me (especially with those back claws), they can really do some damage! The nail caps are the answer to a prayer. They are very easy to apply, stay on well and protect the furniture and me from scratches. I chose the clear - you really can't see them once they are applied.

I highly recommend these!
on March 3, 2015
Cat was scratching his neck to pieces. Tried these and they added time to allow his neck to heal; where bandaging had caused him to worry at it. They don't stay on indefinitely. He's chewed off more than one, but I think that's to be expected.
on October 3, 2015
These worked well for my cat to prevent him from scratching himself. The application is not bad. The first time applying he chewed them all off within a few days, but the longer I used them, the longer he got used to them. They would start falling off after a week or so, with some lasting as long as a month. I kept his nails long in order for them to stay on longer. I did not notice any nail damage after they came off.

One negative is it is like super glue! Make sure you don't get it on anything you don't want it on permanently! Another negative is you cannot save the sticks of glue for the next application, since it is like super glue... so I ran out of tubes of glue before I ran out of caps.

I ordered the large, my cat has a larger build and is about 9-10 pounds. The large was a good fit.
on June 4, 2014
Soft Claws are the best, make sure that you go with the original product and except no inferior substitutions. Soft Claws have saved my tights, hosiery and furniture. Let's not forget the legs, who need scars. Very quick turnaround with this Seller. I had been having the groomer apply the soft claws but finally tried myself. I have been saving some dinero since then. There are videos online you can watch, papoose your feline if necessary and give it a try. This is a great product and easy to use.
on July 21, 2016
I have two cats. One has nails in his front paws. I wanted to try these because my other cat who past away ruined my leather furniture. These are very easy. They come with the super glue and the nails for your cat. I only do the front paws so this pack will normally last me about three months or so. You put the super glue in the nail then attach it to your cats nail. At that point you need (in my opinion ) to hold your cat for a few minutes and let these nails dry so they do not fall off easily. You repeat this process with all the nails you are wanting to do. If you have a cat like me then they are not willing to let you do this to them. So what we do is I hold my cat with his butt on my lap and I can hold his paws then my husband puts the nails on. This has been the simplest way and works like a charm. These nails are really great because not only are they affordable they keep you from having to declaw your cat which is always a good thing.

Recap:
1. easy to put on
2. very affordable
3. keeps your cant from destroying your furniture.
on October 4, 2014
These are a godsend if you have cats and want to also have nice furniture. They've done an excellent job of protecting our leather couch and other furniture.

If you have a disagreeable cat, it can be a pain to put them on, though. We have one sweet, carefree cat and one that may be related to satan. The sweet one is completely compliant and relaxed when we put the caps on him, but satans cousin requires a whole lot of work and patience; definitely a two person job for the mean one.

They are a great alternative to tattered belongings or the cruelty of declawing.
on September 14, 2014
Works as expected. The glue is a bit messy, but that's how glue is. This product saved my cat from scratching at her wound/scab and let her heal properly. She didn't seem uncomfortable after putting them on either. I recommend having one other person help to hold your pet still during application. Wonderful product. Probably saved us from a pricey vet visit.