4.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Read, November 15, 2012
I received a free copy of this book as part of a goodreads group giveaway.

I was pretty sure that i was going to like this story from reading the blurb but i really was surprised at how much i liked it. I wish we could rate in half stars as i would have given this book 4.5 stars if i could.

I thought the characters were well thought out and described. The story line flowed well and there was plenty of events that kept you wanting to read on to find out what happened and the solution they came up with. This is not really any romance within this book so if you don't mind a book were the characters fall in love within the first few pages, this might be a good book for you.

I would recommend this book for ages 16+. I can't wait to read the next book in the series to find out what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, September 13, 2012
So I had the opportunity to read this a few days ago and I absolutely loved it! I am eagerly looking forward to being able to read the next one!
It is very different from the normal books I read so it was a really nice change for me.
The story is about Felix Faust, he is a psychic and just enrolled in college. A school bombing results in him meeting another psychic, Randy. (Randy was definitely my favorite character in the book.) So Felix ends up being able to be mentored by Randy but he also finds himself drawn into the dangerous world of other psychics. He has to keep training to get stronger so that he isn't the next one killed.
From tragedies, deaths, kidnappings, daring rescues, powerful enemies and allies the book keeps you reading eager to know what is going to happen next.
I can't wait to find out more about the other characters and just see where the story will lead in the next book.
The story is really well written and keeps you hooked. Packed with plenty of action and adventure I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they gave this book a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligently written by a young man, May 28, 2014
I was gifted this novel in exchange for an honest review.

First I must say I was impressed with the imagination and well described scenarios of Dexter Morgenstern. Every moment in this novel comes to life through his style of writing. I felt like I was watching a movie. The writer makes you feel he's just as gifted and special as his main character.
I'm deeply moved, because he's truly a gem.

It's about a boy with special powers, but I don't want to spoil too much. All I can say here is – characters are wonderfully developed, relatable and the „I“ perspective puts you right in Felix's shoes. While reading I totally believed in the existence of these powers, because the author describes it so naturally.

Tension is slowly built, but once it is – you won't be able to stop reading.

What a page turner, how astonishing and fascinating – it was a joy reading „Felix Faust“
I'm hooked and I can't wait for the next book by Dexter Morgenstern.

5 ˝ out of 5 Stars – oh wait, that doesn't work. 5 then.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first great book in an interesting series, March 1, 2014
Felix Faust is a great book if you want to spend a few hours buried neck-deep in action and battles. Morgenstern has a great handle of plot and keeping the pace going, and you'll hardly ever encounter a dull moment in this book. His magic system is well thought out and is very in depth, and he does a great job explaining the intricacies instead of just walking over it, which makes the battles -- when everything finally comes together -- feel all the more real. I recommend this book to anyone who likes the fast-paced action and adventure genre, because this is a great example of that.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the technical side, but an evocative story nonetheless, May 28, 2013
Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All of the opinions below are entirely my own.

Felix Faust was a character who I initially had a struggle with liking. He was cocky, closed-off, and what was more infuriating, he could really back up his confidence with power. It's a powerful author indeed who could take such a character and make him engaging, interesting, and get me to root for him - and Dexter Morgenstern is that author. Admittedly, the first portion of the book is a bit of a slog - it doesn't start off terribly interesting, but when the story picks up, it -really- picks up.

Morgenstern prefers a first-person writing style, which, when combined with his notably aloof protagonist, creates a highly unique view of the story and the world in which it is set, creating a generally fascinating reading experience. However, the book faces a significant issue in its technicalities - that is, as Faust explores and learns about his powers, he does so in a dry, analytical manner, requiring the reader to wade through several pages of abstract terminology. This bogged down the plot, and if I weren't such an analytical person myself, it might have brought the book down to a three star rating - if it's not to your taste, be warned.

The other trouble I had was with the end. For the plot resolution, the character development, the events and action, all of it was at a peak, and made it the highlight of the book. Endlessly fascinating, I couldn't put the book down as I neared its conclusion. However, I was often jarred by editing mistakes; several homonyms slipped through, as well as typos and mechanical problems. There were a handful scattered throughout, but they appeared with irritating frequency near the end.

Still, for all this, Felix Faust is an entertaining and engrossing read, most of the time. However, readers/parents of readers take note: This work contains graphic violence and sexual content. With questions or comments, please feel free to use the comment box below or contact me at SeanOnAmazon@gmail.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars from another mother, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) (Paperback)
I love this book and the other one you wrote. we look forward to more. this book kept me entertained from start to finish. I normally don't read to much but with an author like you, I might just pick up the habit. after all, I did buy a kindle just so I could read your work.

5.0 out of 5 stars monkeycop, November 20, 2012
Awesome book. We love it. I read it first and now letting my kids read it. You did a great job and you can only go up from here. Keep going Dexter, don't let the nameless fools slow you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) (Paperback)
Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1)

This book had me from the very start. Felix Faust is a great detour from the vampires and werewolves that have flooded our school Media centers and local libraries. I love the fast pace and the constant action. I love a book that I can't put down and feel compelled to read over and over until the next book comes out for more thrills and enlightenment! Felix and Randy are great characters and I just can't wait for more! I'm also amazed at the imagination and writing skill of such a young man. Let's get writing Dexter! I need to read the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive New Series for Teens & Young Adults, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) (Paperback)
I'm not done reading Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) yet, but I had to say that my 16 year old son kept reading it on my Kindle and loves it, so I bought it for him in paperback. He's an avid reader, and he thinks it's great! I am also enjoying it and find the characters refreshing and interesting and the story intriguing. I'll post more when I'm done. My son and I are hoping Book 2 will be published soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Original Read, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) (Paperback)
This book was an entertaining read. It has a good pace and plot. I also found it refreshing to find a series that doesn't involve the over-used vampires, werewolves, wizards, long-lost magical parents, etc. I look forward to reading the 2nd installation of this series!

Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1)
Felix Faust (The Arcane Insurrection, Book 1) by Dexter Morgenstern (Paperback - June 12, 2012)
$10.00 $8.64