5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service from Fellowes.
Published 8 months ago by Dustin Mcclellan

2.0 out of 5 stars Clicking Sound... Had to return.
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Clicking Sound... Had to return., December 4, 2013
This review is from: Fellowes Allergy and Asthma Friendly AeraMax 200 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter (Office Product)
Bought two of these to use in my home. All of us have allergies to our pets and to pollen. My plan was to put these in the bedrooms so that we would have better quality sleep. Right out of the box we knew this wouldn't work - they are too loud. The first one we opened make a noticeable clicking sound that could be noticeably heard throughout the room. I figured it was a defective unit and opened the other one. It was even louder - the clicks could be heard in the next room over! Since these units were advertised as "whisper quiet" this wasn't acceptable. Both have been sent back. I did go to their site to download their manual and, according to their manual, a faint clicking sound is normal and a sign it is working. However there was no way we could have slept with even the quieter one in the room. They are simply too loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service from Fellowes., December 10, 2013
When I received my 200 it was dead on arrival. Normally I would just bug Amazon and get them to replace it (I have never had any negative experience with Amazon's customer service) but since this was Black Friday - Cyber Monday time period I thought I would call Fellowes and see what advice they had. Their solution was to send me a new unit. The new replacement unit arrived in just a few days (and keep in mind my area just got slammed with Ice and Snow so some shipments have been delayed) thanks to Fellowes and UPS. So I give Fellowes customer service 5 Stars! The unit itself...just like all the other reviews, the unit works great. I have it running in a bed room that is 188 square feet. If anything negative happens, I'll do a follow up review.

5.0 out of 5 stars cleaner air, January 5, 2014
After a month of use, asthma issues due to dust and pet dander appear to have subsided. Machine is quiet and operation is intuitive. Like the thin design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient, quiet, and compact. Packs a lot of power into a small machine, August 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in an old house and have two indoor dogs. My air isn't as fresh as I'd like, so I depend on air purifiers to help out. I have purchased two different air purifiers in the past, which both work great. One is extremely loud, the other is perfect. Still, I needed another for another room, so I jumped at the chance to try this one out.

What I love:
*Extremely Quiet
*Very Efficient
*Sleek Design
*Compact Size

What I don't love:
*Bright blue lights
*Silver panels on sides

I love the way the Fellowes air purifier works. It does a fantastic job cleaning the air. I put it in my bedroom, and I can't help but notice how clean and fresh the air seems. The air doesn't seem stale, and I can't tell there are dogs in the room when I wake up in the morning. My nose is very sensitive to odors when I sleep, and I will wake up if something isn't right. I am able to sleep all night with the Fellowes in my room. I can breath better and my lungs feel better.

The Fellowes air purifier is extremely quiet. You can hardly tell it's on, and it doesn't interfere with other sounds in the room. I also have a Honeywell air purifier that works great and has incredible number of 5 star reviews for how well it cleans the air. However, it is so loud that you can't hear anything else in the room when it's on. My Winix air purifier is a very quite machine, even quieter than the Fellowes, and it also works great. The Fellowes machine is a little smaller than the Winix, and I appreciate the compact size.

The air purifier will sense odors in the room and increase the fan speed to clean it quickly. My Winix machine also does this, but my Honewell does not. It's a helpful feature to have in any air purifier.

The only things I don't like about this machine are in the exterior design. While I like the sleek, white body, I dislike the silver panels on the side. The blue indicator lights are very bright and I don't like the way they look. I wish they had included a little door or panel that could cover the indicators.

Fellowes includes a quick start guide that instructs us to remove the plastic cover from the filter before using the machine. The guide also includes a quick description of the indicator panel. They do not include a complete manual, but instruct us to visit their website to download a copy. That's common these days, and helps cut down on costs and paper waste so I don't mind.

The downloadable manual includes basic safety instructions, further details on the features, and maintenance instructions. It also provides the CADR, in case you need to know it to help you select the right air purifier for your home. This stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate.

The CADR listed for this model is
Smoke 126
Dust 129
Pollen 124

Overall, I think this is a fantastic air purifier. It's as good or better than my Winix, and it's definitely better than my Honeywell. I'm very pleased with this, and I'd like to buy another for my second bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Air Purifier & White Noise Machine With An Ionizer That Can Be Turned Off . . ., September 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have both the Fellowes AeraMax 200 Commerical Grade Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter 9320401 and the Fellowes 9320301 AeraMax 100 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter. They're very similar, but there are a few differences between the two purifiers. One, of course, the AeraMax 200 is for a larger room. Two, the AeraMax 200 has a turbo fan setting, whereas the AeraMax 100 does not. This turbo setting is for when you want to purify the air fast. The turbo setting is also very loud, even louder than a powerful metal floor fan. Thus, it's a perfect air purifier for someone who wants white noise at night ranging from barely audible to loud enough to drown out any noise inside or outside. Three, the AeraMax 200 has an adjustable louvre in the front, much like an air conditioner vent in a car, so you can direct the air coming out of the purifier upward or downward. A lot of cold air does come out, too, even in a very warm room in the summer. Four, unlike the AeraMax 100, the bright blue lights of the AeraMax 200 do not shine out the sides of the unit, except for in one small area, but only out the front. Thus, it is easy to cover the blue lights in front and that small side area, with a piece of taped on black paper or something similar, if you do not like any lights shining in your bedroom at night.

Other than that, the AeraMax 200 and 100 are pretty much the same. They both have the PlasmaTrue ionizer that can be turned off, if you do not want an ionized field created in your room. Just hold the ionizer button in for five seconds and it will turn off. (It's the one that looks like a blazing blue sun under the filter change indicators.) The AeraMax purifiers use both a HEPA and carbon filter. The HEPA for the 200 is True HEPA 9287101 Filter with AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment for AeraMax 200 Air Purifier, and is not cheap. Fellowes suggests replacing it once a year, or sooner if the red HEPA change indicator light comes on. The charcoal filters are suppose to be replaced every few months, or when the charcoal indicator light turns red. They are much cheaper--Fellowes 9324101 4-Pack Carbon Filter for AeraMax 200 Air Purifier. Both the AeraMax 100 and 200 have a three year warranty, so do make sure you go online to Fellowes and register your product. I would like to add, too, that my AeraMax 200 did not work when it arrived, and Fellowes' customer service answered my e-mail about the problem in less than 24 hours and quickly sent a replacement. When I got the AeraMax 100, which worked fine, I e-mailed them a question about it, and they also answered that in less than 24 hours. Hence, I have high regards for both the AeraMax air purifiers, and for Fellowes and their customer service department. I'm looking forward to using both air purifiers full time in the fall and winter, when fan season is over and the windows are all closed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Difference in Coughing and Sneezing After ONE Night, July 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My Fellowes Air Purifier has been operating fewer than 24 hours, but already I have noticed a significant difference in my allergy symptoms. This morning I woke with no sneezing or coughing - a great improvement in my symptoms. I've already moved the air purifier to another room in hopes of eventually clearing the house, or as close as I can come with pets going in and out all day.

Setup for the machine was easy. Simply remove the filters, take off the plastic protection, reinsert, and you're good to go. The machine automatically sets itself, but you can set the fan speed manually if you desire. When running, it is very, very quiet.

Filters must be replaced every three months for the carbon filter, and every year for the HEPA filter. At current prices, all five replacement filters will cost about $60 total annually, a real bargain for resolution of allergy problems.

The only thing I would change about this air purifier is the overly bright indicators on the front panel. They do annoy in a dark bedroom. Otherwise, this is a great machine.

If you, like me, are plagued with allergies, give this machine a try. It works for me!

UPDATE: October 10, 2013

On October 3, 2013, the carbon filter change warning light came on. The filter had been in operation about 2 1/2 months at the time. Although Amazon offers replacement filters at a bargain price, I am not happy that the filter did not last the full three months promised by the manufacturer.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works Well But For Less Money There Are Better Choices, August 11, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok if you want one that works and thats all you care about, mission accomplished.

If you are wanting a unit thats a little more refined and better build quality this may not be what you are looking for. Fist I do not dislike this unit. I have been using it for awhile now and it does what it is supposed to do.

I have a bunch of the big honeywell hepa filters and two other brands Winix and Fellows that I have in various rooms in the house. I have some furry creatures and my house must sit in a pollen farm.

This filter has all the bells and whistles of auto filtering and air quality sensors, but it has an annoying thing to me at least. On auto mode the fan will go up a little and down a little in two second intervals. Not loud mind you just enough to bug the snot out of some people. I guess I am some people cause I always hear it. Highhhhhh - Looowwwwwww, Highhhhhh - Looowwwwwww,Highhhhhh - Looowwwwwww

It has a nice size and the filter is ok, but not very large for the unit size. It is quieter than most of the filters and a good one for the bedroom. I have the Winix as well and they are great, but the replacement filters are a cost bite. The filter size of the Winix units are much larger than the fellows so they should last longer and handle more air for a larger room.

2. The build quality is plastic and has almost no weight so it slides around. LIGHTS it has LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what it is with all these manufactures putting a light show on these filters. Dont they know at some point people tend to go to sleep and dont need the blazing blue light show. Very impressive lights indeed.

My other honewell units are the larger round ones and they are AWESOME but loud. I have the 50150 and the 50250 round Honeywell's that can move some air in large rooms, but for the most part they are not for quiet time ares, although some like them as white noise generators.

I would pass on this unit unless you can get a really good deal on it, and buy a Winix. I have the 5500 and for the last year has done well for me. It has LIGHTS too. Covered with black tape so I can sleep. Classy I know.

I have this one going in a bathroom that does not have a window and it takes care of any issues in there when guests have issues. It works fantastic for clearing out any problems of that sort in no time.
If it were a tad more afordable, and did not have the problem of blowing hi and low high and low on its own I would rate it a five star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Sensor isn't accurate, but who could really expect that., June 20, 2014
I bought a laser sensor to check how well the cleanliness of the air is before and after this unit. Before the unit was in my sons 100 sq ft room, the chemical type allergens > .3 but < 5 microns was ~450. His pollen levels > 5 microns was 40. After the unit ran in his room for the morning, the small micron count was ~25, and pollen count was 0.

What else could you say, it works.

btw: I bought the dylos sensor if anyone else is interested. It helped me debug a lot of things that a hepa filter can't take care of. The combination of knowing what's absorbing and releasing the pollen with a unit that works has helped my son out amazingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps!, November 23, 2013
This is an awesome product! I really do feel the difference. My sleep is uninterrupted and I wake up refreshed. I am thinking that I probably used to wake up several times during the night because of my breathing. I have a SmartAlarmHD app on my Ipad, which tracks my sleep pattern. I noticed that my deep sleep cycles are longer. Prior to using this machine, I wake up with a sore throat probably because I breath through my mouth, in my sleep. That was actually the first thing I noticed; I was waking up without a sore throat. Too bad, my wife says it has not really done anything about my snoring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice filter, January 26, 2014
We have had this filter for several months now. Trouble free, easy to adjust and use. Fills the bill in our bedroom. Can't ask for anything more.

Rate and Discover Movies