Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Felt Awesome: Tips and Tricks for 35+ Needle-Poked Projects
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

I Felt Awesome by Moxie is a needle felting book that absolutely lives up to it's title.
In the middle of the holiday rush to get projects done in time, this book is very distracting. The projects are whimsical and delightfully unexpected. There is a lot of gorgeous sculpting in the needle felting community. This book has amazing projects that will make you laugh out loud and really inspire you to felt.
It starts with a tools list that explains the various tools. Including the fact that if you're needle felting, you need adhesive bandages. And safety tips so hopefully you won't need them as often. Materials list, and 25 pages on the techniques of needle felting so even absolute beginners can start with this book.
First chapter is wearables. May the laughter begin. Starting with a martini inspired necklace of olives with pimentos*, it just gets even more fun from there. Imagine a soft sculptured spiked wrist band. The juxtaposition of soft and spikey just thrills me.The perfect accessory for the crafty punk. I could really do this all day, describing all my favorite projects, but that will be a really really long review.So I'm going to try and narrow it down a lot.
The Fat Head barrettes are a great starter project or a project for an evening of crafting with friends. It starts with commercial felt with added embellishments.
The Playables are incredibly clever. The author uses magnets to create a soft sculpted Potato Head doll and if that's not cute enough, a Katamari Damacy ball that can pick up paper clips and such from your desk. Desk bowling and the cutest little emo doll I've ever seen are my other favorites from this chapter.
In Form Not Function, it gets to more of what I've come to expect from needle felting. Sculpture just for it's own sake. A faux neon sign, a cute houseplant with a hot dog hanging from it, an adorable mobile based on warning labels.
If you have had an interest in needle felting, I recommend this book happily.
on December 2, 2010
Here's a book full of pure joy. I looked pretty much like the smiley dude on the cover the whole time I was reading it. Moxie knows how to get you as excited as she is about the thrill of felting. You couldn't ask for a better introduction to this craft! POKE POKE POKE
on December 6, 2010
This is quite possibly the funniest craft tutorial book ever written. If you want to learn how to needle felt - great - it's great for that too. But if you also just read the text of the tutorials - hilarious. Love it! I'm gonna make everything in here!
on December 14, 2010
I am the proud owner of over a dozen MadebyMoxie finger puppets and two way cool rings. When I heard a book was in the works, and soon to be released I was so excited! THIS BOOK ROCKS!!! It exceeded my expectations. This is a fun book! Here is what I liked ... Very, very informative as to the tools and instruction. (It is like Moxie is right there walking you through everything.) The tone is TOTAL humor! (You can tell this gal loves what she does.) The projects are varied enough that there is something for everyone. PLUS each project shows a different process and gives more tips. All of this is done with bold, colorful photos, and tons of energy. The title of the book really says it perfectly ... Tips and Tricks ... she has a ton of them. I also liked the resources listed at the end of the book. When you get YOUR copy make sure you don't miss the bottom of page 142. Thanks Moxie! I "felt" awesome reading your book! When is the next awesome book coming out! MORE PROJECTS!
on June 9, 2011
I love this book. It has lots of tips with easy to follow instructions. I've been felting for over 3 years and this book had some suggestions that I hadn't thought of and were really helpful. Moxie has even included ways to felt around hard objects. Plus there's some really great projects. The sense of play and humor are another great plus. I hope she writes more!
on March 16, 2012
I've been looking for a book to get me started on felting. The videos on youtube just weren't doing it for me. This book took me from, "whaaaaaaa?" to "ooooohhhhh, I get it now" in a matter of minutes. Since everyone learns differently, I suggest using the 'search this book' feature and see if Moxie gets through to you like she did for me. I don't know that I would do the projects in this book (although the voodoo doll earrings are pretty danged cool), but it was fun seeing what someone who thinks outside of the traditional has done with felt. Warning: This is a highly addictive craft! You've been warned ;)
on June 29, 2011
My girlfriend and I were at Maker's Faire in San Mateo, CA when we saw Moxie do a presentation/demo on techniques of felting. I was like, felting...WTF is felting?

In short, it is awesome. Just as awesome as this book we came across who was also written by Moxie.

144 pages of colorful and well thought out instructions and tips of felting that is suitable for all ages. One might ask, why buy something for a process that is easy? The obvious answer is why not, but a more logical one would be that there are methods that sometimes cannot be picked up intuitively. Additionally, when dealing with expensive materials, who wants to screw up, right?

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who has any bit of imagination and time to felt away by yourself or with friends.
on June 14, 2011
This book is filled with fun, whimsical, weird, unique, and truly inpiring projects that don't just let you push the envelope, they let you blast right on through it! With great instructional information, and clear,enjoyable photographs all throughout, 'I FELT AWESOME' takes the relatively repetitive, humdrum world of needlefelting to a whole new level of art! If you think you're someone who "thinks outside the box", get ready to redefine THAT concept! WHAT box?!!
on January 15, 2013
We just discovered felting - it is fun. Wanted to get a book for design ideas and basic instructions, and after the 10th book with instructions on how to make bunnies, puppies and kittens I ran into this one! Not that there is anything wrong with bunnies, they are cute - but how many of them can you make before it gets boring? This book gives out-of-the box ideas. Not all the designs will be to everyone's liking (making a cigar out of felt is as appealing to me as a spoonfull of castor oil), but that could probably be said of any project book. On the other hand, some of the projects are really fun and creative (bracelets, monsters, yo-yos), and make you realize there is a world of possibilities out there.
As other reviewers pointed out, most of the projects focus on 3d objects, but it gives the basics on how to felt flat objects too. There are not a lot of patterns to cut and follow exactly - but lots of whimsical ideas that you can modify, or elaborate on, and all the basic information you need to take off creating designs of your own.
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for clear instructions, and out of the ordinary ideas.
on December 16, 2013
I have to say, I love Moxie's sense of humor and her quirkiness. She says she's a self-taught needle felter and this has become a nice addition to my set of books. Her projects are fantastic and fit right in with my bizarre sense of humor. (Sheep of the Dead Finger Puppet!!) I've learned how to turn some of my felted "stuff" into jewelry and look for unique things to add to my felting.

Thanks for writing such an entertaining book!