5.0 out of 5 stars Great crafts for natural parenting and Waldorf families
Published on March 23, 2000 by Corbyn Lee Hanson

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i thought it would be
my fault for not checking reviews before purchasing. if you want to make finger puppets, gnomes, and really simple projects with your kids, this is the book for you.

if you want something more like the cover, don't bother. no info at all about needle felting.
Published 15 months ago by msha

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crafts for natural parenting and Waldorf families, March 23, 2000
Corbyn Lee Hanson (San Rafael, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
This craft book is wonderful for parents and children who wish to make natural toys that inspire creative play. In this world of video games, Pokemon, Barney, and Happy Meals, here is a lovely return to simple, down-home crafting. I made a six-sided felt ball in less than two hours; there are also instructions for doll figures, gnomes, fairies, etc. Some of the translation is a little quirky (this is a Dutch book,) and it is hard to get hold of 100% wool felt and carded wool, but with a little sleuthing, you can go right back to log cabin days and have a ball! Easy for the beginning crafter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Doll and Toy Making!, May 4, 2001
Grace K. Sheehan "thesilverpennydotcom" (Cape Elizabeth, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
I'd seen this book in catalogs, but it wasn't until I had one in my hands and flipped through it that I understood all the hoopla and praise. It's so full of easy felt projects, quite suitable for beginning sewers, dollmakers, and most especially children. I teach sewing to children and I use this book all the time! They love the tiny dolls and stuffed animals. If you can't find 100% wool felt or stuffing, it doesn't matter; the polyester type in craft stores will work just as well. There are so many rainy day projects in this book, you'd have to live in a rain forest to go through them all! I highly recommend. And if you like this book, check out my website for more recommendations: thesilverpenny.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feltcraft-Making Dolls, Gifts and Toys, March 27, 2000
Susan Weidemann (Woodward, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
This book is definitely worth adding to your craft library. It calls for 100% wool felt, but I have had very good results using acrylic felt (since 100% wool felt is expensive and hard to find). At Halloween time my 10 year-old daughter and I made the cute little Gnomes in all sizes and colors. We displayed them on the television with props and referred to them as trick-or-treaters. We also made the "sitting cat", "horse" and "man made with pipe cleaners" for a school diorama project. When we made the six-sided felt balls, we stuffed them with polyester stuffing and weighting pellets and had a kind of "hacky-sack" type toy. We've also done the finger crochet which can be used for various projects. There are also patterns for finger puppets, tapestries, mobiles, animals, fairies, hazelnut children, necklaces, and wooden doll pegs dressed in felt. This book has appeal for kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars so cute, February 13, 2007
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
My mother picked this book up from a store in Brooklyn and I just had to have one for myself. The projects are incredibly simple yet the results are adorable. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon with your children. Many of the supplies can be found on doll-making websites as well as at chain craft stores. This is NOT a feltmaking book but rather a book on how to use felt sheets and roving to make small dolls. Once you start making them you can't stop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Craft Felting, March 25, 2006
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
Nice project to let your imagination create. Terrific step by step instruction. Fantastic graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Book!, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Feltcraft: Making Dolls, Gifts and Toys (Paperback)
Hands-down the best book for sewing with felt-- adults and children! Each holiday season we take this out and use it as inspiration or gifts, ornaments, and general fun. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i thought it would be, October 30, 2013
msha (Nashville, TN, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book., October 12, 2013
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
My son's preschool/kindergarten teacher had this book and we made some of the toys in it during a parent/toddler class I took with my daughter. It made for wonderful memories and both my kids still love to play with the things we made. Now my son is 8 and wants to make things himself so I found this book. We've already started making balls and having a blast. I just wish it was easier to find true wool felt instead of polyester. But we are making do. The directions are really straight forward and it's such a joy to make simple things as a family that get hours of play time later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Feltcraft (Paperback)
Simple and easy toys to make. beautifully put together for even the most basic of sewers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, January 20, 2015
This review is from: Feltcraft: Making Dolls, Gifts and Toys (Paperback)
Sweet ideas to make out of felt. Fun for adults and children.

Feltcraft: Making Dolls, Gifts and Toys
Feltcraft: Making Dolls, Gifts and Toys by Petra Berger (Paperback - March 1, 2010)
$25.00 $18.49