Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fender Passport 300 PRO PA System with Mixer and Speakers
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 22, 2010
I purchased this for use in my basement to jam with friends, to take with for gigs at a local pizza place, and for use in my yard as a sound system for our annual "backyard theater."

In addition to it's great looks, the fit and finish is excellent. Overall it is a great design that is very easy to use. All controls make sense and there is little need for tons of cables and wires.

What really surprised me was the great sound! I was so impressed with the Passport 300, that I returned it and upgraded to the Passport 500 for the extra channels, more power (not that I need it since the 300 cranks), and cool USB record / playback functionality.

Overall, I'm impressed with the Fender Passport series of portable PA systems.
on August 31, 2012
I bought the Fender Passport 300 in a real hurry. We had a jazz performance with a female vocalist coming up in three days, when the musician who was going to supply the PA backed out of the gig. At first, I considered renting a portable PA, but the local AV houses charged a fortune for a one day rental (like nearly a third of the price of buying the Fender) and their gear looked pretty torn up. Since, sound reinforcement was going to be an ongoing issue and my combos requirements tend to be similar on each gig - limited use of channels, smaller club and wine bar venues- I decided to look into buying a PA system and did some checking.
After comparing the price, sound quality, features and ergonomic design between the Yamaha, JBL and Fender portables, I selected the Passport 300. After making the purchase, we found out that our gig was going to be outdoors in a bigger space than anticipated for about 80 people. For the performance, we ended up giving the vocalist her primary mic, but also we mixed in a low level mic for our sax player (mostly to beef up the solos) and also to feed an additional "line input" from our electronic keyboard players rig, in order to spread out his sound, more evenly, over a wider area. The drums and amplified, upright bass were not included into the PA mix. The audience (and the venue owner) loved the clarity, balance and volume. The gig was a success.
Keep in mind this is a jazz quartet we're talking about - not a loud Rock or Metal outfit, so the 300w output was more than enough to do the job, with plenty of power to spare. In fact, I can't imagine given the size increase in the speakers, that - for the price - a Passport 500 would give you that much more, other than addition inputs and features. If raw power for large venues and high volume is needed, you're probably going to need a much heavier and expensive system than any of the carry-on portable units.
That said, the Fender Passport 300 puts out a well balanced, quality sound. There's plenty of power for vocalist or two to be heard over "reasonable" band volumes playing folk, jazz, standards and soft rock genres. It has simple, straight forward controls for input level, output levels, tone control, reverb and decent volume at a terrific value. The way the unit merges the speakers and amplifier section together (and the amount of additional storage for mic or two and all the required cables) makes this design a winner. I'm a fan and glad we didn't rent a PA, but bought a Fender Passport 300, instead.
on December 2, 2010
I have been using Fender PD-250s for several years. A friend of mine decided he was going to upgrade his older P-250 to this newer model. I ordered it for him.

The sound is not bad, however it lacks power. It does not have the volume of the former PD-250 nor the sound quality. While this has a sub-out option, you loose separate channel control, which is a big deal if you had a PD-250 and used one mono channel for a monitor and the other for the house. This is smaller and lighter, which is always a plus for something you have to carry.

Everyone likes to have a "new" product out there for brand loyalists to buy, but if you have a PD-250, this will not be an upgrade - you lose options and power. The PD-250s will soon be sold out of inventory, and I suspect they will become a model people will be looking for in used forums.

If you run a separate mixer and use the Passport as the amp, you can send the signal from the mixer first to a powered sub with a crossover and then to the passport, which is what I do with a set of the PD-250s (one set for right channel, one set for left).

In this case progress was a step backward.
on July 1, 2010
There were a lot of options out there with a wide range of prices. I was looking for a mobile system that was easy to transport that I could use for speaking engagements as well as using in small venues for an acoustic three piece with vocals. This has everything I was looking for. The Fender produces good quality sound, although it hasn't been pushed to it's capacity by any means. I use a laptop to record from the stereo output and can overlay external music when I want.
One recommendation is the 1/4" connector plugs into the lower right front of the speaker. It would be nice to have it plug in under the speaker or in the back. That would make it easier to hide the cables from view.
I'm happy with the purchase and works great for my needs.
on August 19, 2011
Nice small compac unit. Just used here at the house.
Sound is good. Reverb is pretty good as well.
Now for the "not so good stuff. Channel (2) stopped working only after two weeks. The unit has been taken to a local Fender Auth repair shop. We were told at least 3 weeks for a repair. I contacted the seller as per the seller's instructions to do so. Only response was "contact Fender". Not very good customer service. It really is a shame because it is a pretty nice unit. I looked in the instruction book that it came with. It does not state the Warrenty info or a telephone number for Fender. Thank goodness Alto Music is near by to handle this problem for me or we really wouldn't where to turn for help.
I like the unit and love Fender. My only suggestion would be to buy Local, just in case you have a problem. You won't be left out in the cold.
Tom
on August 6, 2010
Amazing Fender PA system. One of the best& oldest names in audio equipment.

Portable, about the size of a wiondow A/C unit. Weight abought 45 lbs.
Sets up in 5 minutes.
on December 25, 2014
We have a Traktor Pro mixer and needed to go moblie. We bought this unit based on the Fender name and it has worked out great. Plenty of power to play tunes anywhere. My wife has picked up on it and has DJ'd a couple of weddings for friends, which already earned more than the cost of the PA. She just used it at the Toastmaster's Christmas party. It pretty much makes any event or party way better because you can speak to a group through a microphone and make the entire affair more professional. So easy to pack up as a suitcase and carry around. When it's not on the road, we use it in the living room to do practice sets and make mix tapes. Great quality and awesome sound.
on February 16, 2011
I had been using the Passport 150 sold it on Craiglist and purchased
The passport pro 300 what a difference crystal clear Sound with
Subwoofers to give it just enough kick to feel the bass.
I highly recommend this item. Fender products have not failed me.
on November 16, 2014
It's a bit too heavy to comfortably carry using it's handle for much distance. I throw it on a lightweight rolling cart and it's no problem. Has plenty of inputs and the sound quality is great. Only issue is that it only has a single output...a 1/8" plug. I run this to a direct input box which converts it to XLR for a longer run to a camera that I use. This way I can provide room audio and still capture the mic input on my video camera. Loses 1 star because it doesn't offer native XLR output.
on November 5, 2014
Honestly after gigging with this thing 20 or so times, it's too heavy to be an all in one solution. Loading and unloading this thing is a pain. I only realized this after seeing a friends Yamaha set up. Each speaker has it's own rolling case, splitting the weight into two. I think I would be a lot happier with the Yamaha PA system. Also, the latches that hold the speakers are horrible. They pinch your fingers and are difficult to both latch and unlatch.