5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed!
Published on December 28, 2009 by Mark W

1.0 out of 5 stars Good picks+lousy packaging= poor product overall
Published on January 31, 2010 by C. Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed!, December 28, 2009
Mark W (Pearland, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fender 351 Premium Celluloid Guitar Picks, 12 Pack, Abalone, Medium (Electronics)
Based on multiple reviews here about loose picks being "lost in transit", I ordered TWO packages of 12 guitar picks. At such a great price, I figured if I received only eight or ten I would be happy. Package came today... the picks are NOT loose in the box, but instead contained in a hinged plastic shell which snaps closed. I have all 24 (yay!). As some noted, I did NOT receive a variety of colors as shown above -- they were all the multicolor blue/green/brown abalone shell mixture which you see in the display picture right next to the red pick. This happened to be my favorite of the bunch, so not at all disappointed. Now, if they can just help this newbie with practice so that my playing improves quickly... but that's up to me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but, no one ever gets the right amount of picks in their package, July 12, 2010
Ordered these for my hubby. He said he received 8 in the package. So I quickly contacted Amazon and complained. They PROMPTLY responded and shipped another package free of charge, and apologized for the troubles. The second time he received 11 out of 12. At least we did eventually get our money's worth. So a little bit of trouble, but Amazon was super quick to fix and give more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Picks, Better shipping, May 8, 2012
I read the reviews for the bad shipping in the box & decided to take a risk since i really wanted to try fender picks & really wanted heavy picks & the shipping definitely improved it comes in a little plastic baggy & has the fender logo on it. but the picks takes a little getting used too there VERY slippery at 1st i thought it was just me but i lended a couple to a few friends and they had the same problem but overtime you develop a better grip on them and can alternate pick, sweep pick, tremelo pick, tap with the pick better. Also my pitch harmonics (better known as squealies) come out clearer to me. Overall the product is not an disappointment & im only using these pick (just in different colors) from now on ^.^

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, December 27, 2009
This was a christmas gift for my son. I like quality of the picks and the number for the price is excellent. Other than the pack being the same color, its an excellent deal!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good picks+lousy packaging= poor product overall, January 31, 2010
The picks I received are fine. The problem is that when I opening the large box in which the picks were shipped, the clear plastic clamshell package that was supposed to hold the 12 pick was open and empty. In rummaging around through the shipping box, I could only find 3 picks. Either I got ripped off and the clamshell only contained 3 picks originally, not the 12 described in the Amazon item, or the other 9 picks fell out of the shipping box (the box was not that well sealed) during transit. Either way, I got cheated. In looking at other reviews of this product, I see that I am not the only one to whom this has happened.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why can't Amazon package this properly for shipment?, July 28, 2010
There's nothing wrong with the picks; they're fine. Like so many others, though, I did not receive 12 picks. Hey, Amazon, why is this so hard for you? I've bought hundreds of things over the years and have never had a problem with the condition of the product on arrival. I just bought a guitar, for pete's sake, and it arrived in perfect condition. The 12 picks come in a little plastic clamshell. The clamshell was in a (much) larger box which was all crushed and the tape was coming off, leaving big gaps. Two picks were in the clamshell, while six were scattered around the inside of the box - two of the six were sticking out of the box. I'm going to take the advice of an earlier reviewer and look in the grass and on my sidewalk tomorrow morning when it's light out. Maybe I'll find some of them there. Of course, I have only myself to blame since I read the reviews and knew there might be a problem with receiving the full dozen. Buyer beware! You have been warned!!

Update 07/31/10 - Today I received my replacement order (a day late after UPS delivered it to the wrong address). It was packaged exactly the same way as the first set, which I really don't get. Anyway, this time there were NO picks in the clamshell, but there were twelve loose in the box. Yay!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shipping Disappointment!, January 17, 2009
We ordered these picks for my son who is actually very pleased with the product. However, when they arrived in the big box by themselves, instead of being sealed in a zip lock bag or sealed smaller box and included with my other orders, most of them had fallen out. We discovered this by finding a pick out in the yard where the delivery man had walked up to the door. We got only about 5 of the 12 we had ordered and they were identical in color and design... no variation at all. We were VERY disappointed that they were not packaged better for shipping, and we were VERY disappointed that our order was not fulfilled. It is doubtful that we'll order picks or small items from Amazon again.

5.0 out of 5 stars What the!!!, July 21, 2008
The picks are beautiful and they sound good on the attack...

However, I ended getting 5 out of 12, a huge box for a finger size pick container, come-one Amazon it would have been cheaper for you just to drop these in the other package that I ordered with them (which was sealed better).

Five stars for the product, zero for Amazon packing and shipping

1.0 out of 5 stars 7/12, January 6, 2010
M. Camblor (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
The packaging is a big problem here. The plastic shell the picks come in opens during transit and the picks scatter, as pointed out in other reviews. I got seven out of the dozen I ordered, which puts me in the upper-tier of success with this product and this vendor. But beare of the probabilities of not getting your money's worth...

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 12 ain't bad?!?!, March 8, 2009
I received only 4 out of 12 picks. Amazon sent this in a shoebox size box. Along with the tuner I ordered, it filled up about 10% of the box. The pick packaging came open and 8 of them slipped out. I would have been much better off going to a local shop.