5.0 out of 5 stars The best electric guitar.
I've had my Standard Tele (in Lake Placid Blue) for 6 years now. I bought it just before the price went up from $369 to $499. Back then they called it an MIM (Made in Mexico) Standard Telecaster.

Published 21 months ago by Book Reader

Published 1 day ago by jolly_molly

5.0 out of 5 stars The best electric guitar., September 21, 2012

I have been jamming every Friday for several years now, and was just thinking what a great guitar this has been and still is. I've done nothing to this guitar other than change strings (I use 10-46). Our weekly jams are always recorded, so I have plenty of time to listen to the guitar while mixing the songs.

I rarely play any of the other electric guitars I bought before I bought the Tele. None of them play or sound as good. Over the past thirty years I bought (in order) an Ibanez Pro Les Paul copy, a Steinberger Spirit, a Vaccaro with the aluminum neck and Bigsby, a Jackson with the Sustaniac pickup, and finally, a Rickenbacker 360 Fireglow. I was always looking for something more. I got it with this guitar. It's more than likely the last electric guitar I will buy. If I lost the other 5 guitars it would make little difference to me. If I lost this Tele, I'd buy it again. It's tried and true.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable guitar, December 5, 2010
The telecaster was one of the first mass produced electric guitars ever and every one that came after has been trying to build on perfection. This guitar is one of the most versatile I have ever played. You can produce twangy country tones, blues tones, and distorted hard rock tones, just by changing pickups and amp settings. The action seems slightly higher than on my Strat, and is a little harder to play, but that actually works well for me, because I like to wrestle with the strings a little, but that might not be for everyone. For the money, you will not find a better guitar anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality great Buy, January 14, 2012
Gary (BOSSIER CITY, LA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fender Standard Telecaster, Maple Fretboard - Lake Placid Blue
Although I had concerns about the quality of this axe due to the price and country of manufacturer, but after I received it they were put to rest. It was easy to tell that the policies and procedures set by Fender were followed to the tee! Over the years I have owned a number of fine guitars and now I will add this one to that list.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only electric guitar I need, June 27, 2012
My first good electric guitar was an Ibanez with a floyd rose. Because I don't play metal and, well, it had a floyd rose, I decided to switch to an easier guitar to tune. I talked a lot with my friends, and this guy came up. I tried it out at a guitar center, and I was sold. The poor Ibanez never got touched again. It's been 5 years, and it's held up great.

There aren't humbuckers on this one, which means that if you stand in the wrong place (e.g., right next to the amp), you may notice background humming. At first, it irritated me, but after a while I realized that it was a trade-off. The tone on this thing is great- in fact, I would take this model over many more expensive guitars. You lose tone with a humbucker pickup, but there is some background noise with the single coil. This doesn't bother me, but it's something important to consider when recording with it.

This is the best guitar in its price range, in my humble opinion. My initial disappointment at the lack of a floyd rose subsided when I bought the digitech whammy pedal. I use it for rock, blues, and jazz. You probably already know, but don't use this for anything heavier than Iron Maiden. Combined with the right set up, this thing sounds amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars my new tele, May 29, 2010
Arrived on time, in perfect condition.............still by far the easiest guitare I have ever played and that great Tele sound is still there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift!, January 4, 2014
I won the best wife award! My husband got this for Christmas and was over the moon! If you know Fender, this is a great guitar for this price point. Perfect for someone who loves to play at home and has had some experience and/or lessons. Very, very well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down!, December 18, 2013
Bubba (Washington) - See all my reviews
Everyone has their preferences based on the kind of music they play, etc.. For me there is nothing like a Telecaster. I am so glad I decided to get this one in Arctic White (I also have a black one). It is just flawless. The Mexican Fender plant is really putting out some beautiful work. I'm in love!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Fender, October 17, 2013
Super great Fender quality guitar! I have another MIM Stratocaster so I know what to expect from fender. This guitar has met those requirements and more! Pretty dang good clean tone! That lipstick pickup is the best thing you can ask for when playing blues!

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loved it, August 28, 2013
Christmas present for my 17-year-old; exactly what he wanted and the best price on the internet. With the addition of headphones for practice, we both loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous sounds good but the attention to detail on the neck is ..., July 8, 2014
Gorgeous sounds good but the attention to detail on the neck is awful.It has fret sprout on every last fret im going to have to file the crap out of them.And it has gaps on a few frets between the part that goes into the neck and the wood.I have a stack of guitars from cheap-o no names to wallet busters and every last one of them has better fret work on them even my ukeleles have better fret work on them.Im a bit upset that a 300 dollar Chinese B.C. Rich has better attention to detail than a 500 dollar Mexican fender.You are paying for the name is all i can figure because this is not the neck of a 500 buck ax as far as im concerned.

Rate and Discover Movies