5.0 out of 5 stars Taking Feng Shui to The Garden
Published on February 28, 2007 by P. J. O'Toole

3.0 out of 5 stars Good garden design
Feng Shui is an ancient way of shaping a beneficial life force, called "chi" which is believed to permeate all things and is created by the continuous balance of complementary forces called yin and yang. This ancient Asian belief taps into the benefits of the flow of nurturing energy around us and helps us link to the rhythms and cycles of nature.
This book is a good...
Published on November 16, 2003 by Valerie Fletcher Adolph

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking Feng Shui to The Garden, February 28, 2007
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
This book is excellent. It is "applied" feng shui -- the book is well designed, with high quality photos and illustrations to help you overlay the bagua, and feng shui principles throughout your whole outside environment. She addresses landscape design (feng shui) using color, lighting, material choices, water features, etc., and placement very logically -- using ancient concepts. This book is one of the best of many feng shui books I've read, and after breezing through the book I was able to sketch our house and property to scale, using the bagua overlay, to analyze and plan our landscape design with confidence.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good garden design, November 16, 2003
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
This book is a good introduction to the topic, although I would like to have seen a bibliography or reading list to help those who might want to delve further into the subject. It helped me to understand that much of Feng Shui shares a great deal with the basic principles of garden design. There is an emphasis on balance and proportion, on taking time to plan, harmonizing with nature and on creating a unity where each aspect of the garden complements the others. Words like "harmony" and "flow" occur often and I found that Feng Shui agrees with my own personal belief that a garden is no place for straight lines and square corners. I had never thought of "chi" being made harmful by straight lines, or gentle curves enhancing the flow of beneficial energy but it's as good an explanation as any.
The writer has produced a readable book that seems to be well researched. It has lots of pleasant colour photographs, but these don't relate particularly well to the text. Most look like stock photographs that were trotted out for the occasion. But if you're looking for an overview of a topic that's still a bit trendy this book should do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent feng shui guidebook using beautiful pictures, June 29, 2004
Bruce (Calgary Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
This book presents general principles of Feng Shui. It is illustrated by the most beautiful pictures that inspire and provide ideas for westerners wanting to improve the flow of chi and the feel of their gardens. The level of technical information is perfect, allowing one to take advantage of this ancient Chinese wisdom without the frustrations. I compared the pictures in this book with pictures of Japanese-style gardens and decided to proceed with a feng shui garden, even though I am a Zen Buddhist. I immensely enjoyed this book and heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, lots of detail, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
I'm anxiously awaiting spring to arrive as I flip through the pages in this book as there is about a foot of snow on the ground. I also like how it gives a lot of info. on prepping for spring. It puts me in a calm, serene mood as I look at the pictures and it gives me a lot of ideas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good garden design, November 16, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Feng shui garden book, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
this is one of a few books I purchased on line. The price was great, the book is a easy read & it opens the door to a whole new world. I highly recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, August 2, 2014
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
Beautiful book. Pictures are gorgeous. Lot of great ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feng Shui Garden Design, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity (Hardcover)
Received my book and I've started reading off and on but it looks great! Provides the info I was looking for and other ideas. Book was in great shape nothing damaged or missing.

Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity
Feng Shui Garden Design: Creating Serenity by Antonia Beattie (Hardcover - June 15, 2003)
Used & New from: $3.60