Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on March 12, 2014
Unfortunately the Fenix red filter adapter is made of a weak thin plastic because it got cracked in the first drop and now is trash so I decided to purchase the Surefire F05 slip-on red filter which has a thick rubber housing, selling on Amazon and eBay for about the same price, or probably le$$, than the Fenix filter. The F05 filter fits the PD35 or any other flashlights or weapon lights with a 1.0" bezel, the fitting is tight and secure and you can also remove the lens and use the rubber housing as a protection to the flashlight bezel and glass window/lens. Surefire also sell the F06 blue filter and the F04 white diffuser, all with the same thick rubber housing.
on September 18, 2014
Like others have said, this fits the PD35 tight, but in a good way. Takes some practice to get it on straight, but definitely worth the money.

This is great for camp and other activities where you want to be polite to neighbors or more subtle, also should be good for saving night vision if/when you pick up the 9mm for a bump in the night.

Note, this does get very hot on the highest setting of the PD35, but that's to be expected. For red to be useful you really want the higher lumens, so pack an extra battery if you plan on using this filter a lot in one outing.
on March 2, 2015
This is excellent for preserving night vision if the light is used on the lower settings. The bevel on the filter prevents the light from rolling around. This can also be placed on the bottom of the flashlight to allow it to tail stand. This addresses one of the big complaints people had with the PD35. It also takes up minimal room in the pocket, allowing for easy carry alongside the flashlight. It fits snugly too, so you don't need to worry about it falling off somewhere.
on January 13, 2015
Does not fit the PD35. Package clearly states "Compatible with PD35". I have read other reviews which state it is a very tight fit and one review even mentioned that you have to "practice" attaching it. But I can't physically force the filter any harder without causing damage. Using an accurate Starrett micrometer I measured the outside diameter of the PD35 at 1.028" while the inner diameter of the filter measured only 0.995", that's approximately 1/32" too small in diameter (Sounds like a quality assurance problem at the Fenix factory).

I am very disappointed because I consider the PD35 to be a five star product; and one feature that drew me their flashlights was the availability of filter attachments.
on April 26, 2015
This filter DOES fit the Fenix PD35. It's a tight fit, which means it won't fall off, and you have to pull and twist it a time or two to take it off. It produces a deep red light, just as if the LED itself was red. The light can be quite bright, bright enough for walking along a path or supplemental illumination for a photo -- obviously a filtered red light will be dimmer than the unfiltered white light from the PD35, but it's still quite bright. Useful for nighttime astronomy or any situation where you don't want your night vision impaired.
on May 6, 2015
3 stars only because it does fit the PD35 (2014 edition at least). Marked down because the description states it is a "toughened glass lens", but what I received is a pretty cheap red plastic lens. Very lightweight - but not very tough.
on January 18, 2015
The fit is excelent! The red color does'nt effect nite vision (learned that when I was in the Navy).good for nite time traffic accidents wnen lite is in strobe mode. Extremely brite in btightest mode.just snaps on and off. Also comes in green.
on January 30, 2016
I work on a Navy ship and we are not allowed to show white light outside. My flashlight I use for my day-to-day jobs is the pd35. The lens is made of plastic and goes on a little too tight to where it can be hard to remove. I don't really like the product for that reason, but I guess if you never wanted it to fall off this could be a plus side. All in all it does me well for being able to see outside in the dead of night while we sail.
on January 7, 2016
I have a blue lens cap that I normally use, but sometimes I need a red one.

I had one that came with my flashlight, but I lost it.

It is a very deep red. Many lens caps I have had for other flashlights are a much brighter color.
on December 30, 2015
Not a great fit, once on, I had a hard time removing. So tight I thought I broke the light trying to remove. Red light does work well at night, not too dark. I'm feeling I need one light for daytime, another with the red cap on.