5.0 out of 5 stars The best little LED flashlight I own!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:01 Mins
Published 21 months ago by JJCEO

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like advertised.
I was not able change brightness of the flashlight, it is just doesn't have this feature, also brightness discrepancy between seller description and manual. Over all Ok.
Published 18 months ago by Sergey Dmitriev

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best little LED flashlight I own!, March 26, 2013
Length:: 8:01 Mins

I almost didn't purchase this flashlight because it used AA batteries. I have a lot of LED flashlights ranging from the powerful blinding beams to the smaller ones. I prefer the flashlights that use 18650 batteries as they are so much brighter and I have not had a good experience with AA battery powered LED versions. Since it was made by Fenix and I like that brand I went ahead. I am glad I did.

This little monster just pumps out the light. Please look at my video to see the flashlights performance and features. It is really a great performer and it is very high quality. I compared it in my tests to two other flash lights and there simply is no comparison using AA batteries. This flashlight just blows away the competition.

It is very high quality aircraft aluminum and it is anodized dark black for a nice look. It comes with two spare O-rings, a replacement rubber tail switch cap and a lanyard. The flashlight has two levels of brightness and they are high beam at 170 lumens for 2 hours and 15 minutes and 54 lumens for at low beam for 11 hours on a set of fresh AA batteries. The manual says 170 lumens and I believe it. (The web says 150 lumens high and 48 low.) The tail switch turns on the flashlight and you can lightly touch it to keep it on as long as you touch it and when your release it then it goes off. You can also firmly press it and it will come on and stay on. If you slightly twist the lens cap the flashlight will go to low beam.

The flashlight has built in protection circuitry to prevent damage from inserting the batteries backwards. It also regulates the flashlight to maintain the same level of brightness over the life of the batteries. The reflector is a deep well mirror surface that creates a nice lighted flood area with a very bright hotspot in the middle. (See the video) The beam will travel about 145 yards.

My only three minor negatives are:
* The flashlight comes with the O-rings and the metal threads ungreased with silicone grease. I have found that using silicone grease prevents the threads from galling, protects the O-rings and keeps them from rolling and improves the water tightness of the flashlight.
* The tail switch button extends beyond the base of the flashlight and so the flashlight will not stand on its end in a candle stick mode.
* The flashlight kit does not come with a flashlight belt holder which is useful to carry it.

This is a 5 star product and it is the best of the AA flashlights that I have tried. I recommend it to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough and Bright and Tough, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
I purchased this light after I had destroyed 4 other name brand flashlights on deployment in Afghanistan. This light has been dropped, beaten, left in the rain, basically abused. I have had it for a year now and carry it everyday in my pocket with keys knocking it into walls as I walk and it continually takes it in stride. I cant recommend this light enough purely on durability.

That being said it does not have 2 settings as advertised or at least mine doesn't. Mine has extremely bright and nearly as bright. Just guessing I have about 180 lumens and 165 lumens. This makes the light useless for when I need low light to preserve my night vision or not wake up my girlfriend when I'm stumbling through the bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slim Fenix Gem, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
I usually buy Fenix TK models because they are tough and take a beating in my adventures in the rainforest. But I wanted to try out this slimmer E21 model for a comparison. The quality is top-notch and the feel is really nice. The TK models are thick and with a bit more weight. The E21 is lighter in your hand and is perfect for using around the house as a go-to flashlight. It's compact enough to fit in a purse, though it may be a bit too long for some. Though not as solid as the TK, the E21 is not wimpy and should be a reliable torchlight for years.

If you want toughness, go with the TK. If you want a lighter, more general use flashlight that comes streamlined and sturdy, then try the E21.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little flashlight I have ever used, September 2, 2013
James G. Swartz (PLAINFIELD, INDIANA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
I work for the railroad in all weather conditions and this flashlight is tough, bright and small but always works. The price seemed high at first since I never had a Fenix I was skeptical but I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flashlight!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
A really good flashlight that is easy to use and very portable. Great buy! Small but very powerful. Always ready to go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightest flashlight I have purchased to date, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
I needed a flashlight to take kayaking (just an emergency precaution as we sometimes go out in the evenings. I wanted a bright light that was also waterproof. This light is amazing. The only negatives are very minor. If you add the wrist strap you can no longer stand the light up on it's end. The other is that after you have run it for a while the whole flashlight warms up. I was surprised by this since it's an LED and I assume it's the batteries that are getting hot and heating up the rest of the body. Besides this I am very happy with it. Great light for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Well Built Light, October 8, 2014
Scott Butler (Chagrin Falls, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
This flashlight takes 2 AA batteries and has two levels of brightness. Brightness level are changed by rotating the front hood. The light is turned on/off with a rubber button in the tail. The button can be clicked on/off or pressed halfway for a momentary on. If you are familiar with MagLights of 10 or 20 years ago, this flashlight is astoundingly better in terms of brightness. I keep this flashlight on my dresser and use it if I need to roam the house at night. I showed it off on a campout and my fellow Scouters seemed impressed. No one had a brighter light, though some had bigger lights. Battery life is very good too, though I can't cite specs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flashlight, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
Can't rave enough on this product. Bright? Bright isn't the word...moe like having a minature sun in your hand...
Highly recommend!
A+++++

4.0 out of 5 stars it works as expectec, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Fenix E21 LED Waterproof Torch Flashlight (Misc.)
I have never used this brand but it works. it does not seem any better than the two for twenty dollar x-brand pack i purchased at costco and the manufacture warranty is no better either....up to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014