5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Solid, Great Price, Did I Say Bright?!
This light is a big brother to the Fenix TK41 (I also own this one). The only difference is that the TK60 uses 4 D cells and the TK41 uses 8 AA Cells (wired as 2 sets of 4). Both are equally bright - same reflector, etc. but the TK60 is longer and heavier.

Published on July 20, 2011 by FredMcC

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, 4D Maglite replacement, but mostly a thrower
So I was in the market to replace the 4D maglites from my dad's days. He would have one of those in every car back in the day, and after seeing what LEDs can do these days, I had to find something to replace his old incandescent lights that barely light up anything.

Published 17 months ago by Prince_Charming

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Solid, Great Price, Did I Say Bright?!, July 20, 2011
FredMcC "Agent-19" (Shreveport, LA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)

Recommendation: Pick the TK60 if size + weight isn't important and runtime is important. Pick the TK41 if size and weight are important and total runtime is a little less important.

Important! The best way to power this light is with NiMh rechargeable batteries. If you buy from Amazon, I'd recommend the AccuEvolution Low-Self-Discharge D cells - about $44 for 4 - but they will last for years if properly charged. THE BEST way to properly charge them is with the Maha MH-C808M charger - about $84 from Amazon - but it charges AAA, AA, C, and D cells perfectly and will no overcharge your batteries resulting in premature failure.

If you have many things that run on rechargeable batteries, get the Maha charger and Sanyo Eneloop AAA and AA batteries and AccuEvolution C and D batteries - all available on Amazon. YOU WILL save many $$ over time.

Back to the flashlight - This is a Great Flashlight and you will love it. Take it out at night and say "watch this" to your neighbor and listen to them say "Wow!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Work, September 10, 2011
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
I've been working on a construction site without power for a couple of weeks and needed a flashlight that would be able to flood tight corners and hard to reach/see areas with light. The Energizer headlamps and dinky cheap 5 LED flashlights weren't cutting it. This flashlight is like having a small room lamp in your hand. It completely lights up anything in its path, and has a pretty tight beam which makes tracing long lengths of wire or pipe in the dark a breeze. Plus, I was able to see straight to the bottom a 2.5" electrical conduit (steel pipe) running 6 feet into the earth in broad daylight with this flashlight. Try doing that with a 4 cell maglight.

The flashlight feels really rugged too. Really nice and hefty (though if you like a more compact flashlight, I hear the TK41 isn't bad). You can definitely bang this thing around with no issues. Works in the rain!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
I own many l.e.d torches

Olight t25
Led lenser MT7
Fenix tk40

and now the tk60, i wanted a bright biggish torch with great run time as my mag-light are outperformed but all my above torches.
my fenix tk40 is amazing but the tk60 really out throws it and has a better spill. I enjoy the size of it, as it can be used as a weapon if needed and it is
amazingly bright.

I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, 4D Maglite replacement, but mostly a thrower, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)

So I found this TK60 which has the same size and feel of a 4D maglite with 10x the brightness.

Comes with an extension tube to add the extra D cell, so it can run on either 3 D cells or 4 which is nice.

I find the user interface of this flashlight to be very simple to operate. One button to turn on the light, and the other to change the brightness levels. Strobe and SOS are hidden which is also very nice. (Get to strobe or SOS by doing a quick double click of the power button when the light is on)

The light on the lower brightness settings have a slight greenish tint which kind of bothers me, but its not bad enough to justify returning the light since I didnt buy this light for its low settings.

On the higher settings the greenish tint is basically non-existent. At 800 lumens the light is extremely bright especially compared to the 4D maglite. Shining it at my ceiling in my 15x15 bedroom is almost equivalent to turning on my ceiling light.

Taking the TK60 outside is where you can really tell that the light was built for more throw than flood. While the beam is wide, the illuminated area outside the hotspot is not that bright. The hotspot (the center of the beam) is super bright but tight and small. While the area around the hotspot is fairly dim giving a very noticeable shift from hotspot to the flood part of the beam.

This was my first higher quality flashlight and really didnt do much research to see what else was out there until after I had this flashlight for over a month. While the quality of the light is great, the bright hotspot and significantly dimmer flood area isnt exactly what I was looking for. Still decided to keep this light however since it uses readily available D cell batteries and the size makes it a good bedside flashlight for those nights when you hear some suspicious activity going on outside, the size makes it good for using it as a club as well.

Overall I do think this is a quality light but the dim flood does does take away from the usability of this light since its more of a thrower and for more up close uses (less than 50 feet) the lack of a larger hotspot or brighter spill area makes it more difficult to use. However, after seeing the quality of this light I ended up purchasing another Fenix light, the Fenix PD35. Just placed an order on this light and plan on using that light as my everyday carry light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem Fixed., January 11, 2014
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
I've had this light since May of 2012.

Been used sporadically, on the farm. Great from reaching way out and seeing the glowing eyes looking back at you.

Very useful is the low power setting, a lot of times you just need a little light. One time, during a power failure, I just turning it on low and sat it on its tail end shining up at the ceiling...plenty of light for the couple of hours power was off.

Why the 3 star you may be saying, well, I'm glad ya asked.

Initially, the flashlight would have been an easy 5 star but just recently...last couple of months...its been acting "hokey". Hokey, is a technical term meaning that sometimes you push the on button and it comes on and then sometimes you push the on button and it doesn't.

Now it is rated a 1 star.

I replaced the batteries, I'm using rechargeable tenergys, I have a battery tester, just nothing was seeming right. Batteries had a good charge still, but still no light worky.

Tried alkalines...yep...same thing.

Getting ready to toss this thing in the trash and I thought, what the heck, I'll just take out the extension tube and use 3 batteries instead of 4.

Bam! Worked!?

I put the tube back on, no worky...alkalines, rechargeables...take the tube back off...worky.

What the?!

How does a piece of metal go bad? I have no idea.

Anyway my 3 cell TK60 is back to a 5 star, but I average so it's a 3.

:o)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my review, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
This is good for use in construction side and Heavy Duty equipment check and inspect.
We can see everything is clear and detail. This is very usefully but I don't know how long going to be last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
It is everything I was hoping it would be. A very solid built, very bright flashlight. As far as quality, it is second to none. I bought another 4D Maglite along with the 140 lumen led upgrade when I purchased this, and the batteries rattle in the new Maglite, but not in TK60. The overall construction and finish is excellent as well. Now, the brightness: Because this is really a torch light, I pointed it at a large tree about 100 yards away from my house. It lit that tree up like it was broad daylight. It also has a nice spill that illuminates everything in your path. This is using crappy no-name brand D cells also. I like the button layout and brightness/run time options. You will rarely need the full power and this should last a while on one set of batteries. Overall very satisfied and thinking about buying another for the car. One note: It does not come with batteries, the title states this so the consumer knows what powers it. It will run on 3 D cells without the extension tube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Light, September 6, 2011
E2C (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
I just bought 2 of these after reading the reviews here and seeing the demos on YouTube. They are only about an inch shorter than the 4 D cell maglite but the amount of light they produce is incredible. I compared it with the 4 D cell LED modified Maglite I have and the light emitted from the Maglite is approximately between the lowest and second lowest setting on the TK60. The build quality seems very good so overall very happy with the product, well worth the money.
Just and update. One of these lights on off switches has failed after 3 days so hope its not a sign of things to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like holding the sun in your hands!, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
THIS IS THE BEST FLASHLIGHT I OWN..and I own a bunch! Bright to the point of being obscene..it's simply amazing and the "'Scuse me while I whip this out" factor is unmatched in any flashlight. I have the Fenix TK40 and TX45 (cause it's funky cool too) and the TK60 keeps them both in the drawer. Simply put this is the flashlight you have always dreamed about. Long lasting amounts of BIG TIME lumens and a beam that goes on forever. More flashlight than you will likely ever need so it's PERFECT. Comes with a shoulder strap that is somewhat like a tactical rifle sling it works well and keeps the flashlight vertical along your side. If Harry Callahan had a flashlight it would be the TK60. Grab one and thank me later.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent light, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Fenix TK60 Flashlight-800 Lumens (Sports)
Bought this to replace my 3D cell maglite. I liked the size of the mag, but the performance compared to any of the newer led lights is subpar to say the least. There are a lot of lights that perform as well that are much smaller, but i wanted the heft of the maglite with the brightness of a modern led, and this light fit the bill perfectly. If you're looking for a new light for the same reason I highly recommend this one, but I think it has been discontinued so seems to be getting harder to find.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›