5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix TK 11
Published on March 25, 2009 by Ron Burgundy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light, poor customer service
As an aircraft mechanic working at night, I need a bright light to do inspections and as a work light. This light is now my second favorite light, after my Akoray Cree Q5 from deal extreme, retail 19.99. I had a problem with the tail switch about a month after delivery, and my vendor didnt have any spare parts. They wanted me to return the light for an exchange, when all...
Published on July 31, 2009 by Reefbug

5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix TK 11, March 25, 2009
Ron Burgundy (Warsaw Mo. Usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fenix TK11R2 2 Level High Performance Cree LED Flashlight, Black, 6- Inch (Sports)
I purchased this light around 6 months ago. I also purchased two 18650 rechargable 3.7 volt Li-ion protected batteries. I have only had to recharge the batteries once since the initial charge in this timeframe. I work nights as a police officer and use this light all of the time around half of an hour several days a week. I also own a Novatac 120T, Blackhawk Gladius and Surefire 6p as well as many other lights. This has been the most battery efficient tactical light I have ever owned, as all the others eat the CR 123 batteries like candy.

The beam is a combination of flood light and spot. It works excellent for searching having a combination of both beams. I highly recommend this light as it costs much less and outperforms any of my other lights. The light appears to be well made and feels very sturdy in your hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix TK-11 R2 in Iraq, May 16, 2009
You never know when you're going to lose power in Iraq and for security reasons bases are kept dark at night. I need a small, powerful, durable, reliable light. This light fulfills my criteria. I've had this light for about a month now. Always have it in my pocket. Very hot and dusty here. So far no problems and I don't anticipate any. I bought the 18650 battery 4-pack and charger with the light. More than enough battery power to last a long time. I recommend it for worry free usage. The brightness setting is easy to use, just turn the bezel. I'd love to get the TK-40 too. Just don't need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, October 11, 2009
GW (Pleasantville, Afghanistan) - See all my reviews
For an objective review, I must tell you two things: 1. I just received this flashlight two days ago, and 2. I am already a big fan of Fenix lights.

That being said, what a great little light! I bought this after my positive experience with the Fenix PD30, so I already had high expectations. The light did not disappoint.

The Build: Quality. The machining is excellent, the seals good, the fit on the parts is tight but not impossible to move, and the button has a good feel to it. It is easily turned on with my mildly arthritic thumb, and it has a momentary switch in the endcap. The knurling is nice, and though the finger tabs are small, they are also not obtrusive in your pocket, so I am going to say that they are a plus.

The Light: Blinding. I am probably going to get sued by one of my workers... I shined it at him to be funny from about forty feet away...he was not amused. I tested it at different distances, both inside a building and outside.

Inside it lit up the hallways even when the lights were already on. The longest hallway in our building is 104 feet long, and the light put up a circle at that distance that was about 10-12 feet by 10-12 feet, with another 10 feet of spill on each side. The circle was bright white and easily definable. Outside it was no less than excellent. I walked down the alley where it is totally black. When I finally turned the light on I sent all sorts of rats and raccoons scrambling. I shined it into a yard that was about 75 feet away and it became essentially daylight. I have read reviews that compare it to a car headlight. I would say that is true, if it was the halogen headlight on my pickup truck, focused a little tighter.

The low power is more than enough, and reminds me of the old D Cell days. I spent a couple of hours out in the cold playing around, and saw no decrease in power, which is what I expected with the flat regulation. I am hoping this will be similar to my other Fenix lights, and that it will meet the manufacturers specs regarding length of use. I am using two rechargeable CR123's, and felt no shake from the batteries.

Overall I am very pleased, and felt it was worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flashlight for the money, July 13, 2009
This torch is amazing. If you are looking for a great torch then this is the one.

I have used this torch in the jungles of Costa Rica, in the deserts of Zions national park, in the pacific ocean and even once in a hot tub. This torch is waterproof and does alright in the ocean but even better in fresh water a hot tub.

For the money, 240 lumens can not be beat. I highly recommend the reviews on you tube.

I have dropped this light on concrete countless times and it still works great. I have also ran over it and it still works great.

One previous post did not like the fact that you have to twist the light to change light output. This feature does not bother me. In fact I like it better than having to click the power button repeatedly.

This torch is great. I really believe that you cannot beat the price for the amount of lumens you get.

*****UPDATE Dec. 2010 *******
This light is still going strong and has become my gold standard by which I compare other tactical lights. While a lot of other lights that are much more powerful have come out since I bought this, I still highly recommend it. Better yet, I recommend the latest iteration of the light from Fenix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix tk 11, January 9, 2010
Bought this item for about 69 bucks. I was skeptical about spending this amount on a flashlight but I camp often at the beach so I figured I'd try it out. When I receved it I was blown away at the practicality the size and power of ths flashlight. It is truly the only flashlight you will need to do any and all jobs. I had read the reviews on the jet beam and ordered the top of the line m1x for $155. Comparing them the m1x is more powerfull and throws a longer beam but when u consider the $100 price difference it feels like the price does not make up for the performance. I recomend the fenix for the price, durability and performance. Fenix flashlight is a true winner it is the one I carry in my pocket everywhere. The gives more than ample light outdoors and especialy indoors. Will light up a huge room with no problems by pointing at the ceiling. If you need a light that does not need to be used as a rescue search light then this is going to more than serve your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but powerfuf, April 3, 2009
The tk11 r2 is a great lite to carry arround.very bright and has long burn time using the secandary brightness with the 18650 3.7 voltbattery.It apears to be well made and rugged but light enough to carry arround for use on an every day event.I especially like the to two brightness modes.Since i live in an area where we loose lites frequently this little lite comes in quite handy.the r2 64 lumens is good for most uses.the 240 lumens is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, April 14, 2010
Bought this light 3 weeks ago. Still have not run down the 18650 battery. Bought my father the TA20, which uses the same battery. The TK11 lights up the night. TA20 not so much. TA20 has 12 settings. One of which works for something like 720 hours. I am so happy I have he TK11, that I worry that I might be a bad son. Hopefully, Dad won't hate me for giving him the more sophisticated but weaker light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flashlight - second rate accessories, June 17, 2009
I use mine with the rechargeable batteries. Run time exceeded my expectations at both brightness levels. Very please with the flashlight itself.

The tactical grip ring is a bit far from the end of the light for me to hold comfortably. It would be nice to have a solid ring like that shipped with the TK-10 to protect the threads when the ring isn't used. I ordered Surefire Combat Rings to solve the comfort/grip issue.

The most disappointing item is the holster shipped with the light. A poor quality hook and loop fastener material was used; the loop material was not sewn properly and began to fail rather quickly. The stitching only went through 2 or three sides of the fasteners. It appears that the hook material can't latch to what now looks like a black cotton ball.

My rating would have been 5 stars if the holster hadn't been included.

5.0 out of 5 stars TK-11R, April 9, 2009
Awesome light... near daylight visibility when in use. Only downside is that when the battery is drained it doesn't automatically go out like most LED's but instead steadily weakens until it dies. Not sure how that affects charging cycles so I keep draining the batteries all the way. dropped it a couple of times on pavement and haven't had any troubles. No comparison to Streamlight Stingers that I'm used to using, Fenix beats them hands down. More compact design and brighter light

5.0 out of 5 stars Great led light, July 6, 2010
For work, I've been using a portable spotlight for inspecting aircraft. The problem with the light was it wasn't holding a charge and it was a pain to change the battery. I found a review of the Fenix TK11 and like what I read. I bought it on Amazon along with the package deal with the charger and 4 rechargeable batteries. It is a great light with a long throw. So far I have not had any problems with it.