Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fenway Park:The Centennial: 100 Years of Red Sox Baseball
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 20, 2011
I've worked at Fenway Park for 3 years, and I have a collection of 24 books all on the Red Sox on my bookshelf. Fenway Park the Centennial is definitely one of the best! If you're a Red Sox fan, or just a fan of baseball this is a great book to have.
on September 29, 2011
I just got this a a gift for a baseball-obsesed relative. it's a great look back at the history of baseball's coziest ballpark. It's well-written, with lots of interesting nuggets and stories.
An ideal size and attractive cover drew me to this book, but the writing kept me IN it. As an off-again on-again baseball fan, but a lover of all things Boston, I had decided I needed to educate myself about the mystique of Fenway Park, the origin of "Yawkey" and other Boston oddities. Saul Wisnia explains all with humor and intelligence, as well as a thorough grasp of Fenway's history and the significance of this grand old stadium to Boston. I started reading it in a cafeteria and finally had to stop... because they were closing! The book is beautifully designed, with call-out quotes and asides, boxed comments, and great historical photos and miscellanea. Its size is perfect for reading or as a gift; not too big or too heavy. All things are Just Right. Thank you Saul! I am a convert. ~ Elizabeth T.Fenway Park:The Centennial: 100 Years of Red Sox Baseball
on November 28, 2011
I have given several of Saul's books as gifts to my sports & Red Sox fan friends and family. Saul's books are must have's. The writing is terrific and the pictures are gorgeous!
on August 15, 2013
I bought this for a 7-year-old who loves sports and the Red Sox. I am excited to give this to him, as there are a ton of colored photos but also short blurbs on the team, the park, etc. This is something that he can grow with; a book that he will want to keep forever. I am very happy with it, and was able to get the "bargain book" for a cheaper price. The only marking on it was a black dot from a sharpie on the tops of the pages (when the book is shut), which is pretty unnoticeable. The sleeve had a tiny tear on the front of it, but I don't think that was because of the "bargain book" and more just something that happened during the process of making/shipping it. Not a big deal, though!
on November 25, 2011
OMG. What more can I say about this author and book. The RS are very dear to me, and this holds more history for the reader. I was born in 1972, and donot remember the 75 series at all. All the information obtained from this book can be used to help children understand the history of this storied franchise.

The DVD of Carlton, and his words taking me through Fenway was like I was there with him walking or sitting through games and Fenway.

I was told once "its not Fenways Fault", and its not. Its a team sport. We all live, breath, and die Red Sox baseball.
on March 5, 2012
Every Red Sox fan should buy this book. If you love a Red Sox fan, buy this book for them. If you've been to Fenway, it will invoke happy memories. If you haven't, you will finish this book feeling like you have.

The writing is so compelling that although the book can be read in snippets, I had a hard time putting it down. Even if you are not a die-hard baseball fan, the tour through Fenway Park and its history are fascinating and the photos are amazing. It also passes the credibility test because it is written by a lifelong Red Sox fan who grew up, and now works, within a stone's throw of the Park.

The Sox went through the wringer last season and we went through it with them. This book reminds me why we hang in there. It's a great way to start the new season!
on April 26, 2012
This book is a work of art. the amount of detail, facts, interesting stories and beautiful pictures of one of the cathedrals of baseball is phenomenal. If you or a family member or friend loves the Red Sox, baseball or art, buy this book.
on October 12, 2012
I have been a diehard Red Sox fan since my Dad took me to an Oriole daylight doubleheader back in 1962. Witnessed "The Monster" pitch relief (which seemed game after game after game) with such a presence it had to be intimidating to opposing hitters. Watched the 67' incredible season unfold and listened to the World Series day games with St Louis on a transistor radio under my Mr Roger's caridgan sweater (ear plugdown the sleeve) in 9th grade homeroom. Bob Gibson was incredible..Jim Lonberg almost got him on 2 days rest in game 7. This Book resurrected a treasure of memories for me..the CD narrated by Fisk is an added bonus and we hushed everyone so we could hear every word. This book is a must in any Red Sox Fan's bookcase...for that matter if you are just a fan of baseball and the ballparks that have survived the purges of the 80's..pick this one up...you will glad you did.

Well done Saul

Mike J
on October 8, 2013
This book does achieve what it promises - a concise history of beloved Fenway Park. Photographs (especially from the early to mid-1900's) are fascinating. However, the writing is fairly bland, and I was shocked that there was not a photograph of Terry Francona amongst any of the 2004 & 2007 World Series photos.