Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: B61 Hi-Lift Brown|Change
Price:$9.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 19, 2015
I bought this expecting not to have my hair lifed very much as other products have been that way in the past. I have medium to dark brown hair and this lifted my hair so well! I have long hair and ran out of the dye before i was finished so unfortunately my lengths are darker in the back of my head and lighter in the front but it actually looks nice. I will be buying 2 more boxes (so i have enough) and will be doing it again in a few weeks to go even lighter!
review image
11 comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2015
This review is for the Absolute Platinum color. If you have any experience doing platinum blonde yourself with bleach powder and developer, you'll know that it's messy and kind of tricky. Nothing gets your hair whiter than doing it yourself and applying the Wella White Lady toner, but it's a rocky process such that it's easy to fry your hair, have uneven spots, or even accidentally tint it purple. Salons in NYC charge you upwards of $200 for just roots and most of the time I'd leave with yellow hair I'd still end up having to fix myself. Enter Feria Platinum. I wasn't too sure about this at first, but decided to give it a shot and I love it. I am totally back to platinum thanks to the ease of use, the cream spreads really well so you get good coverage, and it didn't fry my hair. For truly white platinum you'll need to get a different toner than the conditioner in the package, but overall this is great stuff.

Each time I've gone platinum it's been after having dying my hair red or black. I used this product most recently after dying my hair red (also with Feria) and I'll share how I got my results. My recommendation for doing it with this product is to first start gradually lightening your hair with a golden blonde color. If you're in a hurry, do it once a week. If you're not in a hurry, do it when you you touch up your roots, and gradually go a shade of blonde lighter. The last color I did was the Bleach Blonde which ended up making my hair pretty yellow, as expected. I wore a hat for three days and didn't wash my hair. Today I used the Platinum, putting it first on the darker strands of hair that were still holding onto the old red. After 20 minutes, I worked it into the rest of my hair, then let it sit for 20 minutes. Total time was 40 minutes. I used a disposable shower cap to cover it to prevent the color from drying out and to keep the hair "warm" from the heat from my scalp. My hair is not perfectly white on the ends, nor did I expect it to be, because of the previous red dye. It is pretty light though and only slightly yellow. I plan to use some of my Wella White Lady toner on it in a week after my hair has had some time to recover. The most important thing to remember with bleaching your hair, you need to give your hair time to get some of the oils back and to recover. Have a back up plan for how you'll wear your hair (hat, scarf, etc) while you're letting it do so, in case it's in an awkward state.

If you do not have experience with bleaching your hair and your hair has been chemically treated, I highly recommend you do not use this product and have a professional do the initial lightening on your hair. If it's not light enough, that's ok, give it time and then try this product to get the final lightening once your hair has recovered. If you have really dark hair, you might need to do it twice. I'd recommend doing a test strand to see how long it takes to lighten your hair and how light you can expect this product to get it. For really even coverage in the past, I've used a full head hair dryer (one of those things that you cover your head with a cap and warm air circulates).

I have naturally dark blonde hair that is somewhat fine and very oily. I like having it platinum because then it's not oily by the end of the day, and it gives my hair some texture and body (where normally it just kind of lies flat). I had given up on keeping it platinum because the upkeep was just too much for me, but since discovering this product, I'm back to platinum and happy I can finally maintain it without the disappointment of expensive and inconsistent salon results.
review image
33 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2015
The platinum blonde was my favorite hair color. i would tone it with purple shampoo and my hair turned this pretty white blonde and i miss this color with every fiber of my being
review image review image review image
33 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2015
I love Feria, but this colour was completely disappointing. I had been using Vidal Sassoon London Lilac and Deep Velvet Violet shades (not at the same time, one or the other whenever I was able to find them in the stores), which do give you a truly blue (cool) toned purplish/violet black colour. When I saw Feria now makes a violet shade, I was thrilled, as out of all the brands I have tried over the years, the Feria brand is the most jewel-like and longest lasting at home hair dye I have used. Right out of the box as I started to mix it I knew I was in trouble. The dye mixed up to a neon magenta/fuscia. I checked all packaging codes to make sure everything was correct, which it was, so I was hoping that it would darken/develop into the violet shade it claimed to be as it was processing. After applying and waiting the amount of time recommended on the directions, I wanted to cry, as I was convinced once I washed it out I was going to look like Ronald MacDonald – it was that bright red. I mean Rocky Horror MAGENTA, it did not develop at all into a darker, violet colour. After washing it out 3 times and conditioning, then styling my hair, I was relieved to see that the colour had darkened. However, the colour was a dark red/brown, and after a couple weeks of regular washings, it has lightened to a medium shade of vibrant red-brown. I get compliments on the colour – the RED colour, but I hate that it is not at all what was advertised or what I wanted and was expecting. I am now waiting very impatiently to re-dye my hair. I plan on doing some damage control by switching over to a Korean bubble dye that is a pinky brown, as I’m halfway to that shade already. Do NOT get this colour if you want a true violet/purple shade, you will NOT achieve it with this dye. Photo #1 is the hair colour in indoor/artificial light, photo #2 is in natural outdoor lighting, and a lot closer to how the shade looks to the naked eye.
review image
88 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2015
I've got my after photos in the sun so you can see it. And what it looks like when you are coloring it.
review image review image
44 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2007
I've been dying my hair various shades of red for just about 10 years. One of the problems with the red shades, it seems, is that they fade after about a few weeks. After growing frustrated with the same-old color I'd been using for years ("light reddish blonde" which faded to "blonde with some orange" in about 2 weeks), I decided to go dramatic with this color by Feria. Feria is known for *dramatic* color, so it seemed right up my alley.

My immediate results were ~spectacular~ and I loved it!. The color was rich, prismatic, and it actually looked like I had highlights. I did notice some spots of unevenness, where areas were considerably darker red than others, which is hard to tell if it is because I was doing the coloring too soon after my previous coloring (about 3 weeks) or if the dye itself was applied unevenly (meaning you need to be hyper-vigilant about ensuring the dye is really applied evenly). My natural color is dark brown (and the color it was being dyed over was a darker auburn), and my color results were pretty much as depicted on the box, if not ever-so-slightly darker. Dramatic and eye catching, just what you'd expect from Feria.

It's now been 2 weeks, however, and the color has faded considerably. It's still red, but not as it was before. I'm not really disappointed, but I would have liked to maintain that "freshly dyed" color for a little longer. The kit, of course, includes conditioner that you use immediately after dying, then supposedly use "once a week until redoing color" to help maintain the color. While the conditioner does seem to help keep the color, the problem is there isn't *near* enough conditioner included to condition your hair for the 4-6 weeks between colorings. Why can't they sell more conditioner separately? I'd use it as my regular conditioner if it helped keep my color...

Overall, I love the color, and I love how dramatic it is in the first weeks, but the hunt is still on for a red that won't fade a ton. At least when this color fades, it doesn't fade into a scary shade of red (or lose all of its red), like some of them do, so that's a plus for me.

When all is said and done, I'll be using this color for awhile.
99 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2015
This is my go-to color and will be for as long as it is available! The color as it turns out on my naturally medium brown hair (with a couple highlights I do at home to add dimension) is as pictures. Very bright, and exactly what I wanted!
on August 18, 2015
I've used this product two times now and I'm in love with it. I have really DARK BLACK hair and it turns RED! Not the red in the actual picture but the one as you can see in the pic below, a little bit darker but perfect for what I wanted. I've gone to the hairdresser since forever to have red hair but after discovering this dye I won't never give away 70$ (more or less) every 3 months anymore! I'm totally happy with this product!

If you like the result of the picture I posted and you have dark black hair....IT WORKS! So buy it!

Update 12/5/2015
I took a perfect pic to show you better the dye. I just did it like I've already said on my DARK BLACK hair. :)
review image review image
on January 15, 2016
This is the best product I have used for my hair in order to get it to a Platnium color. I do my roots every couple weeks and I swear by this product. I use wella color charm T18 as well as this to lighten my hair more. YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING THIS! Salons never get close to the color I want so I took matters into my own hands and I'm glad I did!
on August 7, 2015
I almost exclusively use Feria color when I use box colors on my hair. I find the quality of color to be exceptional for box and the color swatches are almost always right on the mark. Plus, I love that they come with an aromatic oil so the chemical scent isn't so obvious. Although this one turned out a little more red and a little less violet in most lighting, the color quality is beautiful as always. I will say that the color boost tube you have to add to the developer seemed to make the mixture more watery than usual and therefore application was a bit messier. I definitely suggest applying some Vaseline to your hairline and ears and neck, as the mixture is VERY vibrant. All in all I would say this came out lovely. I am very pleased!