Ferrara Pan Candy Company was founded in 1900, in Chicago, Illinois. In 1962, the company hit on a new great tasting candy – Lemonheads. Tart and sweet at the same time, it was a huge success, and a staple of the company. Later, the company spread out, making several other flavors of the candy, including Cherryheads, Appleheads and Grapeheads.

Lemonheads are delicious, little yellow candies that are sweet and tart, and have that great lemon taste. Admittedly they are not as sour as the newer super-sour candies, but too many of those other candies just give you a wave of tasteless super-sour, and then you get to eat the super-sweet candy. With Lemonheads, you get a nice flavor of tart lemons, especially if you chew on them (which I recommend :-).

When I was growing up in the Chicagoland area, Ferrara Pan candies were a staple of every kids diet. Now, eating Lemonheads takes me back to my childhood. Buy Lemonheads and enjoy a great candy. I highly recommend them!
on November 7, 2012
Verified Purchase
The coating is thick and very lemony, but grainy. The core candy is decidedly tasteless, and has a thin, plastic like coating that makes for unpleasant chewing. I probably won't buy them again.
on August 5, 2011
Verified Purchase
At first, I wasn't able to find these anywhere, so I ended paying $$$ for these. I then went to the Dollar Store randomly and found the exact same bag for $1.00. I was very disappointed!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations