5.0 out of 5 stars kids love it. and its a ferrari !
high quality with very good components. i spent quite a bit of time researching and the quality of this bike is on par with the specialized bikes, but this one has a much better 'coolness' factor.
Published 12 months ago by KC

3.0 out of 5 stars One major design flaw
UPDATE - 5/22/2014:
Wow, I just noticed that the price of this bike has dropped below $110. At that price it's a good deal (I paid over $255 for it back in 2011).

Published on May 6, 2011 by WBC

5.0 out of 5 stars kids love it. and its a ferrari !, September 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars great bike, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
My son thoroughly enjoys his bike. He is buzzing around the yard and having fun.
Great color and really nice tires. Lightweight and just all around great bike for a young child.
Our Son just turned 5 and loves it. Easy to peddle and easy to apply brakes. No issue putting together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike looks good - check the Walmart first though for the price !, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
The bike looks good for the price. In regards of price. I got invoice in the package that was coming from Walmart. Well if I would check Walmart WEB page before buying it here on Amazon I could save about $20 for shipment as I could get it with free shipment to local Walmart. Just I would like to share this lesson with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing deal, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
Superior quality, design, workmanship at amazing price and a very nice tool set included. This is maybe the best deal I ever had.

3.0 out of 5 stars One major design flaw, May 6, 2011
UPDATE - 5/22/2014:

With regards to the hand braking issue we had when we first got the bike, we later took it to a local bike shop and they were able to make some adjustments to the brake pads and hand brake so that it was a smoother and more gradual stop.

I also added a rear kickstand to the bike. This one from Amazon worked well (Wald Axle Mount Kickstand (67-16, 16-Inch, 3/8-Inch):

With the brake modifications we made and the kickstand addition, I'd give this bike 3.5 stars now (compared to the 2 stars I gave it at the beginning).

Original post - 5/6/2011:
I received the Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike today (5/6/11). It was quick and easy to set up, and I *really* wanted to like this bike (especially given how expensive it was). However, it has a major and serious design problem with it. My son rode it (without training wheels) up and down our level sidewalk. If he rode at a moderate pace and used the hand brakes, he would almost go over the handle bars and fall. Having the caliper hand brakes only for the front wheels is dangerous as the force of an immediate stop on the front wheels will cause the inertia of the child to keep going forward. This would not be a problem if the hand brake calipers were on the back wheels.

We specifically purchased this bike because it has hand brakes - something that's very rare for kids bikes. Our son's "run-bike" had hand brakes for the rear wheels so our son is used to hand brakes. However, having the hand brakes for only the front wheel is too dangerous.

Aside from also not having a kickstand, the bike is very well-built. It's evident the materials used are high quality and it's a very polished product (they include a nice multifunction bike tool, DVD, all the hex screw holds are capped with rubber plugs, and it's a beautiful Ferrari red).

If your child is used to the back-peddle method of braking, then this bike may work well for him/her. Unfortunately for me, I'm going through the process of returning the bike, and hope that won't be an issue...

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy., August 22, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
It's too heavy. I've got a full sized street bike that's lighter than this thing. What did they make it out of, lead?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kid Bike, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
Great bike for my 4.5 year old boy. I am not a fan of the hand brake. It comes almost fully assembled.

3.0 out of 5 stars it looks great., August 11, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
Pedals are a bit stiff so furstrate my son sometimes.

Otherwise, it looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike for my 3 and half yr old, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
Was a bit hesitant to buy this bike not knowing if my son would fit however he fits comfortably on the lowest seat setting. Setup was a breeze. All pieces fit together easily. It's a bit heavy but sturdy as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars MY SON LOVES HIS FERRARI, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike (Sports)
THE BIKE IS GREAT IT IS 90% BUILT AND THEY GIVE A GREAT TOOL TO PUT TOGETHER THE OTHER 10% . AND PRICE WAS NOT BAD SINCE THE FERRARI STORES SELL IT FOR A LOT MORE. IF YOU LIKE TOP OF THE LINE THIS IS THE BIKE FOR YOUR KID.

Ferrari CX-20 16-Inch Kids Bike